Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

so 12 adult websites tried to scam my credit card

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was at a gas station the other day, and used my debit card. The attendant asked to see a driver's license...........the people who were behind me seemed upset, but I explained to the attendant that I appreciated the fact that she is doing the right thing! It may take a few more seconds, but I felt safer all in all.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
All kidding aside, I'm glad they are taking care of you. Several years ago I had someone get ahold of one of my card numbers and spent $10,000 in California at several different places. The good thing was that even though this person was even going to nice restaurants, they didn't have a card but instead they just gave the numbers to the merchants. The CC companies frown on merchants taking just numbers so all those that did got their money taken away in the end. Nowadays most merchants ask for a bunch more info to prove that the card number you are giving is actually your card...
thats just stupid on the restaruants part.

we only take credit card numbers over the phone from trusted customers who we know and have given us years of business otherwise we say too bad so sad.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have had a couple of "unexplained" charges to debit cards - fortunately I ride pretty darn close herd on accounts and caught both nearly instantly.... one of them was from an outfit in Colorado who sell "how to use computer programs" CDs on TV - I grilled hubby and he swears he did not order from them... I cancelled card and had charge refused.

The second one is more problematic, as it involves AOL billing my farm account for ISP service I have NEVER had - nor ever WOULD have. This showed up on a card that was just going off to be replaced that very month - I googled the id number on the charge, and evidently there are literally hundreds of thousands of people being billed "by AOL" who don't use their services. They didn't get our money, but we have had numerous phone calls from them trying to get the new card number, and paper billing too.

Idiots.....
Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff in TD
Another question: There aren't any folks of the testosterone persuasion in your home that might have access to your computer and wallet, by chance?
This sounds sexist. Do you mean to say estrogen based units don't buy ****?? If not, why are so many of them on the Internet with no clothes on?