Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sniper caught?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Sniper caught?

I hope it is the scumbag they are looking for.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

From WUSATV9.com:

Authorities trying to communicate with the Washington-area sniper issued a second cryptic statement Monday, saying they have received a message and were preparing a response.

In the second day of dramatic developments, police in the Richmond suburbs surrounded a gray and white van parked next to an outdoor phone. They later towed it away. There were unconfirmed broadcast that two people were in custody.

In his brief statement issued in Maryland, Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose didn't specify whether the message was a new communication or the same one they discovered near the scene of the latest shooting Saturday night.

Not puttin' the kevlar back in mothballs quite yet.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:08 AM

Gosh I hope they caught him or them..<br>Good morning all.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

<br>NBC, MSNBC AND NEWS SERVICES <br> <br> RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 21 — A SWAT team working with the sniper task force seized a man in a white van at a gas station Monday, but less than an hour later, investigators issued a statement suggesting the man was not the gunman terrorizing the Washington, D.C., area. <br>
Old 10-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I just received word from a former colleague that a particular response team that has remained on a stanby alert status was just downgraded a notch. Not given standdown orders but a step in that direction, certainly could be considered as good news.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was watching this as it happened on the TV in the waiting room at the hospital this morning. It all seemed to easy. I hope I'm wrong and that this is the real deal. They need to execute him (them) publicly if this is the real one(s). They have schools closed and everything in this area. Ashland is only an hour from here. Hope this is the end of this tragedy.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=6108;start=0#55622 date=1035227328]<br>I was watching this as it happened on the TV in the waiting room at the hospital this morning. It all seemed to easy. I hope I'm wrong and that this is the real deal. They need to execute him (them) publicly if this is the real one(s). They have schools closed and everything in this area. Ashland is only an hour from here. Hope this is the end of this tragedy.<br>[/quote] I have always said I thought there was 2 people involved, and I bet one of them rolled over on the other and is copping a plea for a reduced sentence. To me that would be a shorter rope on the Gallows!
Old 10-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Yeah, he would get to live longer alright, long enough to watch the other one hang first. Then the floor gets kicked out from under his worthless cowardly carcass.<br><br>OOPS, better be careful, I hear locks and chains coming out.<br><br>Channel 12 news said they just opened the phone and the Exxon where he was caught.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong place ,,,,, Wrong time,,,,,<br>I told the wife this morning,,,, this was just too easy.... to be the end of this. &gt;
Old 10-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

yeah bummer!, but at least we know they are out there looking hard for this creep or creeps!.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:29 PM
Administrator

It's been confirmed that the two guys arrested today were not related to the sniper case, so the nutbag is still on the loose. Drove through Ashland today on the way home. Didn't see the Ponderosa though. Still kinda eriee (spelling)
Old 10-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=GONZO link=board=10;threadid=6108;start=0#55754 date=1035249413]<br>There are rumors a French sniper went Rogue and our government can't find him, there is some speculation he is the shooter because of the Tarot card left, had writing on it that was french for death. Our lovely press has scared this guy away from D.C. Metro with all the talk about high powered military electronics to find him. He'll pop up at random now, making it harder to find him.<br>[/quote]<br>Agreed! free speech is a wonderful thing till it starts costing lives of innocent people because these press jockey's don't have enough sense to keep from giving away information to the enemy!!. This guy is shooting the wrong people he needs to target the Press!. <br> No I don't really believe that, I am just aggravated at what should be common sense.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:02 PM

Just like last Saturday night after the shooting in Ashland they were telling where the roadblocks were set up and which road blocks had been cleared for traffic to move on. :<br>All the sniper had to do was listen to them to know which roads to take out of the area.<br><br>CR

Quick Reply: Sniper caught?