Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning fellow DTRotarions ,

Farts - there are so many different categories of them !

First of all WOMEN don`t fart they deflate !

Only guys fart from little blurts to rip roaring farts !

there are those that don`t smell & those that are so bad you can`t walk away from ( they follow you where ever you go ) the kind that if they are passed in an elevator they stink up the hole shaft !

Then there is the worst the brocoli fart

so as you can see you must be quite explisit when describing the fart !

Claude
Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 AM
REALLY old dog

As a young child i went shopping with my aunt EMMA (quite a portly woman ) when we were in isle 3 she deflated by the time we reached isle 4 there was an announcement over the loud speaker in the store (CLEAN UP IN ISLE 3 )

Claude
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like your having a good time Stan you have earned it I'm sitting at the house and watching it snow some more. Ugh
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
The message is MONEY.
You guys gave me a brilliant idea. Ozone can be formed by electrical discharges.
If you receive an electric shock at the same time as passing gas wouldn't that convert the gas to ozone?
Im going to put something similar to dog shock collars (but with a few more amps) on toilet seats.
When the device hears a noise it will provide an electric discharge that will convert the gasses into ozone.
As long as the person is properly grounded to reduce the chance of explosions I don't see any problems with this plan.
Heck, this is way better than anything Al Gore came up with, I could win the Nobel prize too.
The odds of you getting nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize are zilch to unbelievable.

Your invention, however, makes more sense than anything Al Gore ever said.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Licorice or Oreos. Don't look before you flush, you'll think you have an ulcer.
Gas and static? Why hasn't washington blown up?
Another lonely day in the far north.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Came to get a coffee and have a quick p p
Hey, don't use the foot wash basin in there. Bark was trying to make it something else. ........

Me too .............................but no p p

Hey Claude, great explanation and information. What a pleasant change from all previous conversation about - - - well, you know - - - really enlightening. ............
Old 03-26-2014, 12:14 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
No you couldn't.
I disagree. If people can get the Nobel prize for doing nothing I should be able to get one for doing something--even if its stupid.

Originally Posted by j_martin
Your invention, however, makes more sense than anything Al Gore ever said.
That's what I have been telling Scott (he's just wishes he had come up with it).

Originally Posted by cougar
Its because they wasted all the oxygen in the air.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
the toilet and the foot wash basin.
I thought the foot wash was the thing in the kitchen that people keep hiding dirty dishes in.

Originally Posted by Scotty
And always always leave a tip.
My tip is to buy stock in my new project.

Originally Posted by old dog
Then there is the worst the brocoli fart
I am so happy to be part of this intellectually stimulating discussion.
Its every bit as enlightening as last weeks colonoscopy conversation.

Time to start hauling some old insulation to the dump. Even after a shower that stuff makes me itch.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good afternoon all y'all. I was going to add a link yesterday but I think the comments include some profanity and I don't want to get a spanking from the admins. If you want a good laugh go to amazon.com, search on Haribo sugar free gummy worms and then check out the comments. Don't have anything in your mouth when you start reading or you will end up cleaning it off your monitor and keyboard.

Let me tell you, this pet owner thing is more stressful than it is supposed to be. I realize these problems are going to seem small compared to what some of you have gone through with your pets lately, but still, sheesh.

About a month ago, our little guy got neutered. We went through a few days fighting to stop him from licking the incision. About the time we got that under control he started to act weird. Turns out he had a raging bladder infection. So, on antibiotics for the bladder infection. A week later he starts shaking his head funny. Back to the vet yesterday for a follow-up on bladder infection and to get the ears checked. Good news, bladder infection gone. Bad news - yeast infection in the ears and calcium oxylate crystals in urine. Meds are in ears to deal with ear infection start a new diet for crystals in urine. The new diet is a very high quality food, mixed with a bit of food that has a diuretic effect and no more well water for dog - bottled water only. Our well water is very hard and high in calcium. Sheesh!! Like I said, I know other go through a lot worse but this little guy isn't even a year old yet.

Have a good day, play safe and stay out of the snow.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Another BRILLIANT question asked by our member Cougar...

You obviously have plenty of time in the Winter to ponder these things and I wonder if perhaps you should consider writing a book and sharing your thoughts?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
The odds of you getting nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize are zilch to unbelievable.
I know, right? If ANYONE should get a Nobel Prize, it should be ME.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
About a month ago, our little guy got neutered.
You CHOSE to do this? Don't you feel like less of a man? Didn't it hurt?

Oh. You were talking about your dog.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
... Like I said, I know other go through a lot worse but this little guy isn't even a year old yet.
Yep, been there, done that. Since Jake was 3 months old we've been fighting with his stomach. Vet told us he produced excess stomach acid and to give him Pepcid AC twice a day. That worked, kind of. He still had episodes of puking up bile, always had bad breath and I could tell when he wasn't feeling 'good', which was an almost daily occurrence. Last fall I took him to the vet because the puking was occurring more often and he wouldn't eat. They they told me "give him more Pepcid, there's not much more we can do". Well all that did was tick me right off! No tests, no extra questions or suggestions, just 'there's not much we can do'. So I found another vet. This lady has been like a miracle to us and Jake is like a whole new dog. He has energy and personality we've never seen from him! And all it took were a few tests and a vet who wasn't lazy. The part I'm saddened most about is that poor Jake has gone thru the first 7 years of his life pretty much miserable for no good reason.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:12 PM
DTR Mom

hmmm, don't know if I fit in the breakroom this week but I will appeal:

I like licorice.

I rarely fart. I do eat stuff that makes you blow up in the belly.

I am out of my comfort zone on the small 3 cyl diesel that may need sleeves, definitely rings and some scoring on the opposite sides of the last position piston. I do not know the level at which what should be replaced, bearings look perfect, still have factory edge. should a dry double clutch be rusty? out of me element and it slows down the repair. any ideas from the peanut gallery?

friggin' cold out today, hiding in house. new kitty not skeered of killer kitty. sniffed it's butt. never knew cats could jump that high....
Old 03-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

I rarely fart. I do eat stuff that makes you blow up in the belly.
Everybody take cover! she is going to BLOW!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Chaikwa, our vet is like a member of our family. She was at our wedding 5 years ago, her boys shoot skeet in my fields and she works so hard for us and our fur kids. When it comes to pets, I am the worry-wart in our family. DW is a lot more stoic. Dr Beth has taken more than a few weekend or evening calls from me. When we had to put our last dog down she took time off from her family Mother's Day celebrations to do the procedure for us. The 3 of us (me, DW and vet) sat for at least 30 mins and talked about his life and all that all 4 of us (dog included in this conversation) had been through over the years (dog was 17 years old). Before she would put him down she asked if we would mind if she held and hugged him for a bit before she put him down. That did it for all of us - lots of tears from that moment forward. She runs a small practice (small animal and horse), lives about a 1/4 mile from us and has lived within 1 mile of where she is now her entire life. She is really a part of the community and for DW and I she is part of our family. We are really blessed to have her.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Pharts blueberry tarts broken hearts and licorice sharts all in one break room.
Shrew does show the extreme depth of talent here.

Leggy topics for sure.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
DTR Mom

hey fellers!

stayed inside, cleaned up paperwork, made a super dinner. hubby liked.
mentioned 'ready for ice cream. If we have to live in this cold like Alaska, I should eat like an alaskan'. hubby had coat n boots on and asked if I wanted to go to town with him. (nope, hiding in my wolf skin) came back with three quarts of quality squashed frozen milk. chocolate fudge brownie oh my!

new cat calling me to the rug for her belly scratching session, who has who trained?

Quick Reply: Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29