Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Did y'all know that eating an entire pound of licorice jelly beans in one sitting will turn your tongue black and make it numb???
And you get the most delightfully painful headache from ghe base if your skull to between your eyes?????

WONDERFUL!!
Well I guess I can scratch that one off my bucket list
Old 03-25-2014, 02:22 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well I guess I can scratch that one off my bucket list
Nah Top, you girt try jt yourself to truest appriciate the experience
Old 03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Bobby look at my LEGGS
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

There ya go speaking in multiple languages again...I think that pound of licorice may have done more damage than you think
Old 03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Hi Bobby look at my LEGGS
YEEEEKKKSSS!!!! THE PLACE HAS GONE BONKERS!!!!!!!!! HELP

................................. .....

((Let's see - - - DTR - - - check. I am not dead - - - check. I did read all this stuff on the DTR site - - - check. I had better see my doc tomorry - - something wrong with either me or this site. HMMM????)
Old 03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I stopped by for a sec,,
-I, sniff-sniff, I have such waves of emotions flowing through my body after reading all the heartfelt poetry
and revealing of feelings expressed on the last two pages.
-I am having feelings I have never experienced before and--

-Whew, must have just been gas.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Bark
-I, sniff-sniff, I have such waves of emotions flowing through my body after reading all the heartfelt poetry

Well there goes another 10,000 cubic feet of ozone layer
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Not what your wife said - -- she reports you have feelings like that all the time and yes, you ruin the ozone layer. ............................
Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Bark you have it a bit turned around. It's not heart felt, its fart smelt poetry. I typed it while i took the kids to the pool this a.m.
you know what else i find interesting?
When i type ozone, the word poetry pops up as a spelling suggestion. You see? Its a message.

Pass the licorice.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carb base gasket.
I'm going to run out this tank and try some straight canned gas. See what it does. It's running cooler now though it's still idling a big high.

If yer feelin kinda crummy
and yer nose is kinda runny
you may think it's funny
BUT IT'S NOT!!!!!

Had a few too many cookies. Feel like maybe the dog's gonna (want to) vacate the premises when I hit the bathroom in the AM.

Need to make a wrench for the tensioners on the hi tensile fence. Used my pliers to tighten about 15 of the things today and pulled something in my arm up by my elbow.

Doesn't help that we had a cold wind today. even with my hood up my neck got cold. I can feel a bone out of whack in my neck. It's not as bad now as it was when I got home.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
G'day. Reading thru these posts is, is, is um, strange. Often wonder how a bunch of shrinks would analyze the DTR members that post here. Somehow I doubt if any analysis would include the word "sane". Unless it is IN-sane?

Going to now attempt to drive some of you insane that are suffering horrible weather. As I type this I am sitting about 200 feet above the Indian Ocean and about a 5 minute walk from the beach and breaking waves. Have a wonderful clear, uninterrupted view of the beach and the rocks. Just finished watching the sun come up in a cloudless sky over the sea. A gorgeous sunrise. The noise from the constantly breaking waves is very loud. Love it. Right now it is a bit cool, but soon it will be quite hot and very humid. Got to go and get my wife moving, but she does not want to get out of bed. She is laying on her side watching the sea and has the patio door open so that she can hear the breaking waves more clearly. Breakfast in 2 hours and I am more than ready for it.

Be nice an don't throw too much at me or ban me. Hey, I worked long and hard to be where I am right now, so going to enjoy it.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Had a few too many cookies.
Should have had licorice. Give the dog something to brag about to its friends.

Well there goes another 10,000 cubic feet of ozone layer
Originally Posted by FiverBob
you ruin the ozone layer.
When i type ozone, the word poetry pops up as a spelling suggestion. You see? Its a message.
The message is MONEY.
You guys gave me a brilliant idea. Ozone can be formed by electrical discharges.
If you receive an electric shock at the same time as passing gas wouldn't that convert the gas to ozone?
Im going to put something similar to dog shock collars (but with a few more amps) on toilet seats.
When the device hears a noise it will provide an electric discharge that will convert the gasses into ozone.
As long as the person is properly grounded to reduce the chance of explosions I don't see any problems with this plan.
Heck, this is way better than anything Al Gore came up with, I could win the Nobel prize too.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
As I type this I am sitting about 200 feet above the Indian Ocean
I'm not in the least bit jealous.
Heck, its nothing special to sit by the Indian Ocean I mean its HUGE so lots of people can sit by it.
For a similar experience we just set up a fan, get a couple of candles and gather around the breakroom bidet.
When the handle is pressed its just like being at the Port Saint Johns Blowhole complete with ocean spray.
Same experience without all that silly traveling you had to do.
Oh well, since you already are there you might as well try and enjoy yourself.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We all know what rhymes with pity and it sure ain't pretty.
Uh, YEAH, it IS!

Hope you are feeling better!
I am. Thanks! <at least *SOMEONE* cares!>

What was that supposed to say?

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
If yer feelin kinda crummy
and yer nose is kinda runny
you may think it's funny
BUT IT'S NOT!!!!!
No. It's 'snot'.

I could win the Nobel prize too.
No you couldn't.

It is Wednesday, March 26th. If my dad were still alive, it woulda been his 107th birthday today.

1804 - The U.S. Congress ordered the removal of Indians east of the Mississippi to Louisiana.

1804 - The Louisiana Purchase was divided into the District of Louisiana and the Territory of Orleans.

1885 - Eastman Kodak (Eastman Dry Plate and Film Co.) produced the first commercial motion picture film in Rochester, NY.

1910 - The U.S. Congress passed an amendment to the 1907 Immigration Act that barred criminals, paupers, anarchists and carriers of disease from settling in the U.S.

1942 - The Germans began sending Jews to Auschwitz in Poland.

1945 - The battle of Iwo Jima ended.

1945 - In the Aleutians, the battle of Komandorski began when the Japanese attempted to reinforce a garrison at Kiska and were intercepted by a U.S. naval force.

1951 - The U.S. Air Force flag was approved. The flag included the coat of arms, 13 white stars and the Air Force seal on a blue background.

1953 - Dr. Jonas Salk announced a new vaccine that would prevent poliomyelitis.

1958 - The U.S. Army launched America's third successful satellite, Explorer III.

1982 - Ground breaking ceremonies were held in Washington, DC, for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

1983 - The U.S. performed a nuclear test at the Nevada Test Site.

1997 - The 39 bodies of Heaven's Gate members are found in a mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. The group had committed suicide thinking that they would be picked up by a spaceship following behind the comet Hale-Bopp.

1999 - In Michigan, Dr. Jack Kevorkian was convicted of second-degree murder for giving a terminally ill man a lethal injection and putting it all on videotape on September 17, 1998 for "60 Minutes."

Today's thought:
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

C0ffee & ph00 are on.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Today's thought:
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

C0ffee & ph00 are on.
Yep, agree - - the tide will turn and wash you out to sea.... ...
Ph00 - - good man............

For a similar experience we just set up a fan, get a couple of candles and gather around the breakroom bidet.
BIDET? IN THE BREAKROOM??? Where? Since you are talking water running, the only thing I can think of it is not the kitchen sink, so it must be in the bathroom. Only things in the bathroom are the sink, the toilet and the foot wash basin. Just wish they had put it closer to the toilet so I could sit on that when I use it - - keep having to haul a chair in from the kitchen to sit on.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
As I type this I am sitting about 200 feet above the Indian Ocean and about a 5 minute walk from the beach and breaking waves. The noise from the constantly breaking waves is very loud. Got to go and get my wife moving, but she does not want to get out of bed. She is laying on her side watching the sea and has the patio door open so that she can hear the breaking waves more clearly. Be nice an don't throw too much at me or ban me. Hey, I worked long and hard to be where I am right now, so going to enjoy it.
Sounds wonderful - - sorta like our house. We have the King ocean right outside our bedroom only it is about 15 feet from our bed. We leave the lanai door wide open and watch the waves in the "ocean" with the gentle sounds of the fountain filling the room inviting us to come to me - - - come to me - - - jump in be comforted - - and cooled. .........................hey, enjoy - - sounds neat.

OK, off to catch up. My day yesterday got turned completely around. Friend's wife fell and was hauled off to hospital. He has alzheimer's and needs attention. We went to hospital to be with her and left about 11:30, going into surgery one her spine at 12. Went to Don and fixed him lunch, cleaned the place up a bit, settled him in for nap, up to Sarasota for appointments, back to pick up Don and take him to hospital to spend time with his wife, took him home and fix supper, got home at 6:30. Now, catch up time. So, later gang - - gone.

Bob
Old 03-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I just learned something new about the ozone and all of ewe.
The electric bill is going to be high and when that current hits you'll either laugh (i will) or cry. And we all help the sky.

Came to get a coffee and have a quick p p

Stan that sounds awesome. Enjoy your hard earned well deserved trip.
And always always leave a tip.

Quick Reply: Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29