Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up early, spring alarm clock. no spring about 14 degrees out. robins have been using woodchuck holes. yup, that cold.

saw slim depends with spring flowers on them. maybe for sick scott the grump? when is your annual water dip anyways? feel betta

lot of good things going on, working on C-47 or DC3 for a return trip to Normandy for the 70th anniversary of DDay. these parajumpers and pilots can barely walk but you outta see them shine when they come aboard this plane. warplane museum geneseo, ny google it. Whiskey seven is the designation.

still looking for your running gear scott, just not as hard this week.

had a very cool scan of my neck, they just rolled a mini paint roller over the spine and it prints out on screen/paper. the chiropractor about had a heart attack. too funny. at the Home show, nice products and all the free candy you could ask for, hubby got a Frisbee and an ice cream cone. like going to
the fair for us worker bees...

adopted an older cat for a companion to orange kitty, the killer. house is so big, plenty of room to get acquainted. glowing eyes peek out from the really good hiding places....don't know if orange cat shared a kill or left it as a warning.....
Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi

Bye
Old 03-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Up early, spring alarm clock. no spring about 14 degrees out. robins have been using woodchuck holes. yup, that cold.
I can see my name for the breakroom was premature. You guys have been slammed up there this year - - well, I should say all over, but you are still getting it. Going by what is happening down here I just knew we were in the warm up trend. Shows ya what I know - - - and don't know.

See "no neck" has been in and gone so putting on fresh ph00, coffee, hot water and fresh still warm apple fritters on counter. OOWWWW they are good - - and so full of wonderful cholesterol to get your count up and over the top for you. My doctor prescribes them to me - - - prescribes he will break my neck if I eat, or even bite into, one. Love them - - can't eat them - - so brought some for you to tempt you.

Was over in Camp Mack yesterday with friends - - what a great RV camp for fishing fanatics. Right on the river that is full of bass with private launch. Neat spot.

OK, work to do - - big rain storm moving onto shore in a few minutes, so staying inside and knock down paperwork. Be good, have a great day.

Bob
ps: Scotty - - you did not tell me how you like those new trapdoor Depends. Do I want to try them or are they no good? Or is it you love them and want to keep them all for yourself? Fess up, big boy. I will send the shrews on you - - I promise.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Chiropractor taught me a new one today. Old Navy back injury soft spot in my lower back gave way last night as it's apt to do. Hasn't bothered me for a couple of years. Doc said if yer going to lose weight at a pound a day, you better keep up on the exercise, or things will get a bit too loose. He also said it's a good problem to have, easy to fix, and the lost weight is wonderful.

Cold here, too. Still foraging for fuel at a hectic (relatively) pace. Usually just cleaning up the corners and throwing the scrap in the boiler this time of year. Had to go get another load of truss plant scrap.

Robins are screwed. Woodchuck holes are still under the snow.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Afternoon noon all screwed up day but of course it's Monday what should I have expected. Stan sound like your having a good trip so far post some pics if you get the chance. Check with you all tommoro.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Howdy all,

Weird. According to the scientists, to get away from the cold,
our Robins migrate to the southern most states, Mexico and Central America (snow birds).
Wonder why your Robins don't head further South when it gets cold.
Sigh,,, why am I here. This winter I haven't even been as smart as a bird.

working on C-47 .
Couple of years ago we lost another one hauling fuel for Doyles. Killed both pilots. Not sure how many we still have actively working with and without skis.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
DTR Mom

hello working stiffs! thanks to all the guys posting!!! welcome welcome

schedule screwed up, don't know if I am in sync yet. up=tired; down=awake
sigh...... still playing border patrol with killer kitty and older loving kitty.

Bark, yes, amazing engineering...one fella out west($$$) had a DC-3 outfitted for his vacation home. I was priviledged to examine (drop jaw icon)
emailed that he was asked to sell it to another ($$$) for structural flight use.
unbelievable... great sound when flying over though....wow.

ok, having fresh veggies to prove we are not in armegedden environment.

yes, Stan post when ya can!!!it is safer when we only read about it.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good evening all y'all. Good to see folks posting to keep the break room interesting. Hey Mom, Stan, Bark, Lary, RROne, J_Martin, Scotty and FiverBobo. It has been another productive day despite the grumpy weather. More snow on the way tomorrow, Wednesday and all weekend. Argh!! Today's big project was to finish processing the kielbasa meat, stuff it into tubes, link it, smoke it, boil it to finish cooking and then hang it over night to bloom. We are at the smoking stage for batch one, with that batch due to come out in about 45 mins and he second batch will go in. I know it seems like a lot of work but once you taste it, you understand that it is a labor of love. Kielbasa = Polish garlic sausage. It is awesome with perogies, onions and bacon pieces. Tomorrow will be chorizo (which is a spicy spanish sausage) and smoke bacon. My clothes smell like I have been hanging around the campfire for hours

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 PM
DTR Mom

errands, back. no dead cat. life is good. raspberry cheesecake good.

sitting in recliner with wolf fur/skin blanket. smell of smoke and sausage would fit right in, sean.......so would vodka I guess? water works though...
Old 03-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bobby quit trying to switch things around. Ewe wear the trap door depends. I wear the double dumper.
Bark wears the shrewdex elasticized blue coil models.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I wear the double dumper model because they give me room to groan and make my Leggs look lovely!
That makes sense
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am afraid he would need suspenders on those or he will likely dance right out of them
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

... great sound when flying over
Your plane was in our news today. Sounds like the person who had it before took good care of it (heck, it had a bar in it).
Last April we put our lawn chairs at the end of the Nut tree airport in Vacaville just so we could be under
the B-24 Liberator when it was taking off giving rides. Love the sound of radial engines.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
bacon...
I was almost asleep than I heard "Bacon".

Its only so I can keep singing in the boys choir.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bobby quit trying to switch things around. Ewe wear the trso door depends. I wear the double dumper.
No no, you are swinging it around. I have never seen the trapdoor models - - they don't make them in USA. I don't need the double dumper - - mommy taught me to go change them after the first dump. Last I saw (and it was a gastly sight) were your LEGGS sticking out of those double thingys and they were double dumped in - - too shocking to even look at some LEGGS. Now Bark, that is another story. ................

Time to hit the sack. Gators won another one tonight. Quite interesting. Would like to see them go all the way, but they were somewhat sloppy tonight. Maybe they are getting the big head. Need to use their LEGGS more and their HEADS.

Morry,
Old 03-24-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
robins have been using woodchuck holes. yup, that cold.
Saw a picture on facebook, a cardinal wearing winter coat, hat, boots, "spring ahead? Just how far did you move it?"
Need to get to the chiropractor later this week. Been hauling corn and the seat in the flattop tips to the right and twists to the right as well. And it's an FLD, so I gotta twist my knee to run the throttle too.
Saw started running funny the other day, idles fast and runs hot. Had a thought today, I filled it with home-mixed gas the other day. So I refilled with canned gas and started cutting, ran about half a tank through and it didn't get hot, though it was still idling fast. Got a good pick-up load of wood picked up, need to get some more pallets layed out and stack it.

Was thinking about something the other day. It's only 37 miles across the Oklahoma panhandle. That means that it's only 37 miles from Kansas to Texas. And that if one were to really feel like it, from where I am, could turn a trip to Texas in a day. Took me long enough to realize that.

Quick Reply: Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29