Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The slightly twisted remote viewing breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 06:37 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Use a raspy voice.
Yeah, that must have been what I was doing wrong.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
We did the run from Glennallen to Valdez down the Richardson highway. I had almost forgotten how gorgeous that run is. In my opinion, that highway has to run in the top ten of all highways in North America. And the weather was perfect. We spent the night backed up to a rushing river - - wonderful time with visitors (black bears) in the night. We did the Columbia Glacier cruise yesterday - - deep blue skies, bright sun, glacier was good and did some calving for us. Some of the icebergs were quite large and distinctive. Here one more day and then back into the bush country for a week or so while heading into Haines.
Grabbing a ph00 and gone.
Bob
Bob had posted this in another thread where only people with serious problems go.
Figured breakroom people would appreciate his trip since a lot of them know where North America is (the rest of you can google it).
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 PM
DTR Mom

Bark, you might be in trouble listening to "LOOK AT MY LEGGGS" advice
for marital promiscuity.....ditch the raspy voice unless you speak Italian and know a guy.....

African safari ottoman done. both ready to be delivered. now start loading up for last big yard sale ( MEN'S yard sale advertised). I use my neighbors corner lot, no late night shoppers .....

Shorts, thinking of ya safe trip and no hitchhikers....
Old 07-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Wednesday evening all y'all,
Bark - are you going to smoke any of that salmon? If so, I would recommend you take the Subaru to the carwash first.
JWBM - you leaving the wine for me? How sweet of you, what 'available only in Canada' beveridge may I send you from the dry side of the Rockies?
Have an awesome evening. I had to claw my eyes out today as a result of all the 'LEGG' images I was dealing with. I am now typing using a brail keyboard.

Play safe and remember to always drink upstream from the herd.
If you think you are a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around....
Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I tried smoking salmon once but it clogged up my hooka

Hey Sean....you got to wear your LEGGS blinders when entering the breakroom
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM
DTR Mom

Ahhhhh Sean, how is the view up there these days? a Canadien wine , eh?
".......It's too warm for plaid!!!......." heheh

hope Senior Stanimal es okay. must be a lot of changes there, for him not to be here.

Topper, can we install bar type swing doors in the breakroom? they'd be fine for Scotty's coming and going LEGGGGSS! Saving sight, TG reaching out with long arms and probing fingers ...well....like Night of the Living dead.

Poured here. could not tell what store bought meat was-----was pinkish. turns out it was sausage patty. ate it like a burger. no grease. good thing we had fresh snow peas to chomp on.

NEfarm working man, you still feeling okay? had to laugh, flatbed going up our hill was losing parts off the cars. one was an amigo tucked at the end. if I followed him to the next town, probably would have a motor n tranny plus twenty other parts....
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Bark - are you going to smoke any of that salmon? If so, I would recommend you take the Subaru to the carwash first.
Critters licked it clean after the last batch so I am good to go.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I tried smoking salmon once but it clogged up my hooka
My Dad brought back a really nice hookah from Nam or Thailand and had it stashed in the garage.
Figured out later that it was a test (I was 16 but still passed). Its still never been used.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Bark, you might be in trouble listening to "LOOK AT MY LEGGGS" advice
for marital promiscuity.....ditch the raspy voice unless you speak Italian and know a guy
Sometimes I wonder if its Scotty's advice or my delivery but I wish you had said something earlier. Only foreign language I am fluent in is Pig Latin.
After jumping up and down on the bed for awhile I was out of breath but tried yelling Ooklay atmay egggslay in a deep raspy voice anyway.
Maybe if I go to Vegas I will be lucky at cards.

Absolutely beautiful here still. 64°f here. Clouds are starting to form in the West. Oh well, we had a few nice days.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:31 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buffalo Chip Cookies..

Larry, here ya go...
THE BOSS substitutes real butter( unsalted ) for the OLEO and in the batch you got she used half the called for vanilla...
1 lb Oleo
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Blend in a large bowl
then mix in:
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
2tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups quick cook oatmeal
1 lb chocolate chips
1 cup crushed pecans
and 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal ( add this last)
bake at 350 for 13 minutes or until lightly brown
THE BOSS reminds me that its important to add the rice krispies last and only stir enough to mic them in so as not to crush them.
She also said to tell you its easier to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add the mix in to the batter than to add them separately.
( I would delete the pecans and substitute more chocolate, but thats just me....)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 AM

That looks like a good recipe.
I agree on the pecans. Nuts do not belong in brownies or cookies.
And if you want to delete something, delete that other thread post. I can't get the song out of my head. Worse than chaikwa's badger song..
Good night--I hope.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 AM

Pulled the deck boards off to find a football sized nest. Thought about stomping it and getting waspnet stockings for my leggs.
Torched it instead. No more wasps

Or deck...

Whoops.
At least you didn't take a torch after a spider and burn down the apartment building like that one guy did recently.
NEfarm working man, you still feeling okay? had to laugh, flatbed going up our hill was losing parts off the cars. one was an amigo tucked at the end. if I followed him to the next town, probably would have a motor n tranny plus twenty other parts....
As long as it was the 4ZE1 4 cylinder. Tried changing my spark plugs this morning after we got rained out. #2 appeared to have been crossthreaded before, and #3 wouldn't back out. So I have 3 new good properly gapped plugs, and 1 eroded over-gapped plug. May end up pulling the head to get it out.
I do have the new brake cables in hand, the door handle is in Omaha, and the passenger glass is in Memphis, which is closer than California. Need to get some glue to hold it in when it gets here. Just about got all the parts I need for it, unless I also need to get a gasket set. In which case I'll probably also get a torquer cam so I can pull hills in 5th gear without doing 75.

Had a half day off for rain last week, still got 66 hours in. Will have near that again this week if the weather and equipment holds.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi
All is well here.
Leggs are good to go.
The deck was one of those oh (censored) incidents where the dry grass underneath was fast burning/spreading. I had a garden hose at the ready buy couldn't reach under the deck very far because it was a very low deck. 2x8 height.

Spiders are tasty, can't burn them.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Checking in. Made it home yesterday. Tough days drive. Dinner then crashed out. Up early, still on Eastern time. Errands going on today.

Yall have a good one. Will catch up when I get some laptop time.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
<----Looks around the breakroom and starts singing....Good Morning to you....Good Morning to you...We're all in our places with sun shiny faces....Good Morning to you...Good morning to Youuu!

I am off to find some old saloon swinging doors for the break room...Have a great day folks!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:24 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by Bark
That looks like a good recipe.
I agree on the pecans. Nuts do not belong in brownies or cookies.
And if you want to delete something, delete that other thread post. I can't get the song out of my head. Worse than chaikwa's badger song..
Good night--I hope.
Llama llama duck!!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Hey all y'all, just a quick check in to tell Scotty to be careful if he is at home tonight. A cold front swept through Alberta last night and gave us some pretty spectacular thunderstorms. The same cold front is on its way to your neck of the woods this evening and apparently you are going to get some pretty yucky weather when the cold front hits the humid warm front that is sitting over top of you. I imagine the storm and tornado warnings will be going up soon if they aren't already.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM
DTR Mom

good Shorts. take some time to be in the moment, get settled.

hauled stuff for late yard sale. comment about shrews. tiyad. supper cooking. spinach stuffed chicken with spices, rice with broccoli n carrots.

found a brown recluse spider minding his own business. killed it anyway.
stay outta my basement. ironic that Live and let die was playing on the radio......

good luck putting that soap box derby car together, NEscott! lol wow.

Quick Reply: The slightly twisted remote viewing breakroom