Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sleeper Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleeper Photos

New Photos all done except for generator (supposed to be here tuesday afternoon) Heading for SC and FL Thursday . Air mattress is comfy--air conditioning freezes me out and the heat works good. Still need to do something about that first step, 5 gal bucket works good for now

Old 08-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Thats a pretty nice setup you got there Herb.

Nick
Old 08-18-2005, 04:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Herb,

Having read some of your posts, I half expected to see unflattering pictures of sleeping republicans when I clicked on the topic .

Seriously, that sleeper and trailer looks like it is really going to be nice. Be sure to post some photos when it's done.

Jeff
Old 08-18-2005, 04:40 PM

Looks great Herb, how about v nose the front out to the top of the goose for a aerordynamic front to help with the fuel and use it for storage of your straps for them buggys?? I used to use a trailer somewhat like yours and had a v installed for tires and tools as I had a large bolted on tool equipment box up front similiar to your bunk house and it really helped on the wind drag. Goodluck,,,Rick
Old 08-18-2005, 04:45 PM

thought about that. may do it before i am done. But with Fuel prices the way they are guess it ain't no big deal
Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by Jeff in TD
Herb,

Having read some of your posts, I half expected to see unflattering pictures of sleeping republicans when I clicked on the topic .

Seriously, that sleeper and trailer looks like it is really going to be nice. Be sure to post some photos when it's done.

Jeff

???????????????? i didm't think republicans slept, i thought they spent every waking moment trying to figure out ways to irritate us rational thinkers
Old 08-18-2005, 07:53 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

So Herb, tell us more about this sleeper. You said it has a generator, and I can see what looks like an AC on top...

Will it also have a furnace? It looks big enough to fit a fridge and maybe even a john?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check my pics. I found a guy in Nebraska with a unique setup. Said it had bunks, fridge,microwave, TV, and I think a toilet but I am not sure on that.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 PM

it has a coleman heater/air conditioner --insulated it with 1 1/2 " styrofoam. exterior is mdo board (same material that is used for interstate road signs). the roof i shot a piece of fiberglas to cover a 1/2" plywood roof. The framework is all 1/8' x 1 1/2 ' angle iron. Put a 3/4" solid rubber mat on the floor.
the trailer is 48 foot long with 3 5400 lb axles 10 ply tires. also built an overhead rack that will let me put two carriages over the bottom row. Just installed a 2500 lb winch to pull the carriages on board.
think i will just stick with the cooler as i stop and eat and shower at the truck stops.
Next spending is going to be for a good drivers seat, trying to find an air ride of some type. I just drove a friends gmc duramax last week with thre premium leather heated seat with what felt like air cushin and back. most comfortable seat i ever set in.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM

Herb, nice looking unit. How long you plan to be in there? Satellite in the sleeper?? Nice!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 PM

i need the satalite to take care of business in the evenings when i quit driving. Normally have 75-100 e mails to deal with every day. if i can't get to them everyday they build up too fast. usually forward most of them thru to my office but occasionally there are some of the emails that require my personal attention
Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by bkrukow
Check my pics. I found a guy in Nebraska with a unique setup. Said it had bunks, fridge,microwave, TV, and I think a toilet but I am not sure on that.
i considered those, i think they are built by westin, but decided against it , figured i would take to big a loss when i traded trucks
Old 08-21-2005, 05:41 PM

Ready for it's maiden voyage !! heading for Florida and South Carolina end of week. Kinda if'y about pulling into checkpoint/scales with it
?????????????
Old 08-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice looking "Mobile Office" you built there Herb.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Nice looking "Mobile Office" you built there Herb.
hope the DOT recognizes it as my mobile office.

Quick Reply: Sleeper Photos