Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Spring has sprung.

Time to get after those pesky weeds in the pastures. Blue birds are nesting, Purple Martins have returned, Tree Swallows are checking my new boxes over.

I love spring.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
The question now is , do I pop the blisters and bandage it or will it heal faster if I leave it alone???
The general consensus is to NOT pop any blisters. Leaves unprotected tissue open and more vulnerable to infection even if it's covered.

's on but it's kinda tasteless this mornin'. (This new brush does NOTHING for the character of the coffee)

chaikwa.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 AM

About my Florida trip.

After looking for 5erBob's house for a week (I think he gave me the wrong directions. ) I decided to have fun at the Sun n Fun airshow. The airshow was great, but I have some observations about Florida. The people there are rude, greedy, and selfish. They jumped aviation fuel prices over $1, 2 days before the show. After flying for 6 hours to get there I asked for a drink of water, and they would not even let me drink out of the hose without paying them. They were having a pizza party and didn't even offer me a piece, I was starving. The taxi driver charged me $20 for a ride to the hotel that was posted to only cost $10. The hotel where I stayed tried to raise my room rate $40 a night because the day clerk said the night clerk made a mistake and didn't charge me enough.

Any other airshow I go to the people fall over backwards to accomidate pilots and offer free food and drink when you land late at night. They are glad you are there. In Florida all they see is $$$$ signs.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:36 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaikwa
The general consensus is to NOT pop any blisters. Leaves unprotected tissue open and more vulnerable to infection even if it's covered..
Thanks for the input guys....
Originally Posted by chaikwa
's on but it's kinda tasteless this mornin'. (This new brush does NOTHING for the character of the coffee)

chaikwa.
Lets keep it that way!!! This place has enough charactors already between you and your dress and Bob and his Speedo......

ITS QUITTIN' TIME....... Y'all have a good'un

Gettingpositionedintheblocksandaimedatthedoor..... ..........CD
Old 04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Geico,

I yelled and yelled - - waved - - I saw you up there going round and round. You were 1/2 mile too far north.

Sorry about your impression of Florida folk. I am afraid you didn't meet "Florida" folk. They are laid back, gentle, helpfull and generous. It's those blamed imports that do that. And, during this time of the year, the Florida residents try to go hide so they don't have to deal with them.

I heard it was a good show - - my friend was there and also hit the Charlotte one - - it was smaller but good.

ElusiveBob
Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Thanks for the input guys....

Lets keep it that way!!! This place has enough charactors already between you and your dress and Bob and his Speedo......
PLEASE STOP THE IMAGERY!! You getting singed is one thing; but you gotta stop thinking about the above men and their preferential garb!! POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME ANYONE??
go home, Chris- rest , relax and regurgitate.....
Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Almost lunchen muchen time. Roast beef and provolone chees sammich, toasted with potato saled and iced tea. Short spring, looks like summer is here. Gonna hit the 90's today.
Good to see you back Flashdancer. Are you gonna get to Arizona?
Got estimates on the Hit Run on the truck. About $1,000.00. Probley happened in wallyworld parking lot. Rear bumper and tailight. Oh well. It happens.
Have a great day all.

Davey
Old 04-12-2006, 01:50 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A guy can't even sneak out a bit early
Power dumps and the one phase they lose is the one the alarm system is on. Gotta stick around to reset everything when it comes back on. So much for having a (substituting as a cold brew)

wishingtheywouldpayalltheirelectricbillShortround out
Old 04-12-2006, 02:00 PM

SR .... lights out = Navy Nooner .

Another non productive day at the grind. Some days ya wonder why you even bothered to set the alarm. Oh well ... that's what tomorrow is for. Gives the ID10Ts another chance to get it right.

TAPS,TAPS,LIGHTSOUTALLHANDSTURNINTOYOURBUNKSPISTOL
Old 04-12-2006, 02:39 PM

ID10t is a great part number when you send some kid into the warehouse for a box of them. Especially the look on his face when he realizes what it spells
Old 04-12-2006, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
PLEASE STOP THE IMAGERY!! You getting singed is one thing; but you gotta stop thinking about the above men and their preferential garb!! POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SYNDROME ANYONE??
go home, Chris- rest , relax and regurgitate.....
Yeh, Chris - - quit picking on me. Just because I look so fantastic in my Speedo, you don't have to stay on the subject all the time. You are sick, boy.

PictureBoyBob

ps: Scotty's is still here from last summer, Chris. You can use his.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Geico,

I yelled and yelled - - waved - - I saw you up there going round and round. You were 1/2 mile too far north.
Was that you? I saw this old fat guy waving in a pink Speedo near a pool. Was that you?

SuregladIkeptmoving!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
Was that you? I saw this old fat guy waving in a pink Speedo near a pool. Was that you?

SuregladIkeptmoving!
I don't think that was Bob. I thought I heard him say something about borrowing some of Top's camoflauge speedos so you couldn't find him

~Rob
Old 04-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266

SuregladIkeptmoving!
Naw, that was my neighbor. I'm tall, slim, good looking and the pink Speedo is Scotty's - - keep tellin ya that.

TheHunkBob
Old 04-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram
I don't think that was Bob. I thought I heard him say something about borrowing some of Top's camoflauge speedos so you couldn't find him

~Rob
That explains why I could not find him. I did find a nudist camp with guys wearing camo Speedos on their heads. Pretty odd sight.......you don't think Top lives in FL do you?

Quick Reply: Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006