Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Obviously, you've never really TRIED my coffee... anyone who has, KNOWS you can't stir it! And I use the brush to CLEAN the pot. Sheesh, get it right!
You won't believe how tasty my coffee is now that I got a new brush! TRY IT! It's indescribable! Flash makes the best breakfasts, but it's hard to beat my coffee!
chaikwa.
OK OK OK ALL READY - - I'll try it since the brush is new. Hmmmm, not bad - - for now. How old is that brush????

Lazy day today - - maybe time for a dip and relax by the pool. Cool front has passed (wow, got down to 72 yesterday) and will be 76 today. Just have to grin when I see those spheres wandering around in the sky trying to find Chicago (hee hee - - Chicago - - little do they know). Have a great day and don't burn your hand (I have told you and told you, Chris - - when will you listen to daddy??? heal quick.)

SnorklingBob
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Chris,

Don't feel too bad about touching that hot metal, we all do dumb stuff like that every now and then

I soldered a new front sight on an old rifle one time and then grabbed it right after I set the torch down Weirdest thing watching the smoke roll off my fingers

I think we have to do stupid stuff like that every once in awhile so we don't forget we are NOT indestructible. Keep that hand clean you don't need an infection on top of everything else

Flash, sure is nice to see you back (Tips hat) the place has not been the same with out you
Old 04-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Whatascrewedupday.

It's a good thing Lary pilfered my last bottle of tequila....
The way things are going so far today, I'd be comotose by 1300hrs.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What is this world coming to?

Fours hours DTR was shut down....

My world is falling apart.

Let's start a petition to have our fee's cut for a month!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he did that when he found the tequila... shut the place down and hide in the closet.

Try puting some of Chaikwa's coffee on that burn... shouldn't have to worry about an infection then.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:52 PM
DTR Mom

Talking

Try puting some of Chaikwa's coffee on that burn... shouldn't have to worry about an infection then.[/QUOTE]

Aww Jeesh Don; we don't like that morning squid squeal but let's not get rid of the mate's PAW! and to think y'all are worried about the brush...have ya seen the left over POTS??!!! Think metal doughnuts......

Fit in a day or two for Walleye, mmm mmmm

Chris- Colonel's are NOT on the Endagered list; I looked.....
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Moring all you early birds!!! Quite night at work, spent most of the shift watching old John Wayne movies on DVD.... McClintock...one of my favorites!
Well..... had the BOSS bring me my tool box and got the system dis-assymbled in about two hours..only broke one part too!!. .. The contractors that were waiting to get started decided helping me was better than sitting there watching so it wasnt as bad a job as I anticipated.
Col. took the day off for some reason.... maybe someone told him us civilian-type employees dont have to have the same respect of rank that the boys in BDU's have..

Originally Posted by REDLEG
Try puting some of Chaikwa's coffee on that burn... shouldn't have to worry about an infection then.
Geeesh....... like I dont have enough medical problems at the moment, I need chemical burns as well?... one stupid blunder at a time please....

Originally Posted by CHAIKWA
Take care of that thing, burns can get infected more easily than almost any other injury. Especially if you can't feel it much, you might not pay proper attention to it.
The question now is , do I pop the blisters and bandage it or will it heal faster if I leave it alone???
Old 04-12-2006, 05:46 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Leave it alone and put plenty of vitamin E on it. Pick up the ones that look like little footballs and poke a hole in the end and squirt it on the burns. It will help on the pain and minimize any scaring (not that you need to be concerned about your looks anyway).

Shortround out
Old 04-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Wednesday = Hump Day = Work week is 1/2 shot day = Weekend is almost here day.

G-G got the nod this morning.
(I could swear I heard the mighty Cummins sigh as I putted out the driveway)
Glad I had my chaps to knock the early morning chill off.
Warmer weather today, whispy clouds, rain due in late tonight.
Gas in most of our area already over $3.00 gallon for regular unleaded, Premium is $3.20 and up.

Coffee is mighty tastey this morning, thanks Chaikwa.

Y'all B safe,
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 AM

SR the funnyt hing about this is that there is NO pain at all in my hand... lots a blisters and ssuch but doesnt hurt at all.. not even gripping my weapon.
hmmm... maybe that should worry me???
Old 04-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A nice quiet chat around the cooler instead of all that racket - - nice. Mornin' guys - - and Flash too. Coffee producing burns?? Is that what I heard? Hmmmm, thanks, but the water is fine. Off to doc to take pictures of my inards - - hope there are some in there. Then a lazy day, but getting ready for the next batch of company. Still iffy up north so lots of colors in the license plates down here. Have a gud urn.

LookinForSomeInardsBob
Old 04-12-2006, 06:36 AM

Mornin All,

Thanks for all the welcome backs. It’s nice to be missed.

Bob, I can’t believe these guys would get scroungy in my absents. PM me the names of the offenders and I will deal with them gently.

A hat tip from Lary very nice.

Chris take care of that hand. If you can get some silver sulfadiazine cream it works wonders for burns. I used a lot of it when I was welding; it heals the burn fast with no scaring. The Dr.’s use it on severe burn patients.

Pistol, you always have a place at my table but you have to take your turn at doing the dishes.

Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. Gotta head to the gym burn some of this winter insulation off.

Come and get it! We have eggs over easy, bacon, grits and hashbrowns, Texas toast oozing with butter and jelly. You can fill up your mug with chaikwa’s coffee his will rev your engine and clean out your pipes.

Y’all have a great day!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:52 AM

It is great to have Flash back
Texas toast and she can weld
Sittin' back and enjoyin' the and toast

non-offender,
~Rob
Old 04-12-2006, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Flashdancr
Come and get it! We have eggs over easy, bacon, grits and hashbrowns, Texas toast oozing with butter and jelly.
Y’all have a great day!

too bad she's already married..............
Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 AM

Thanks Rob nice to be back! Non-offender that’s not what Bob said.

Chris, you better not let the Mrs. see that last comment, you'll have a lump on your head that will make you forget about that hand.

Quick Reply: Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006