Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Too dark outside to tell if it is going to be a nice day or not, but there is a lovely breeze drifting in thru the open patio door next to where I am sitting. Wait a minute, what am I talking about? Every day is a nice day here, so therefore it is going to be yet another boring, outstanding weather day. Must admit that lately the sun is really hot, but the shade is marvelous. Only problem is that we need rain and the afternoons tend to get breezy which makes dust and makes my wife upset as she needs to dust more frequently with all the doors and windows open.

By this time tomorrow I will be on the road heading north - waaaaay north. If any of you DTR'ers see me on the road, give me a way or wave me down and take me for a coffee (or lunch). Nothing very distinctive about my truck except for the backup lights in the bumper and a black antenna sticking up from the middle of the roof. Of yeah, it has Texas plates. Expect to be in Laredo by late afternoon tomorrow and if I get my Laredo business finished early enough, will spend Tuesday night in San Antonio. Wednesday night will probably be north of Dallas in the Lavon area. Thursday will start heading NE and will be in Indianapolos for a Saturday meeting. Sunday or Monday will head south towing a trailer and will be in Houston when I get there. From there, head to McAllen and then back home.
Will have a US cell phone with me and will activate it once I get to Laredo. If it still works the number is 404-906-8446.
See y'all in about 1.5 weeks.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise. Too dark outside to tell if it is going to be a nice day or not, but there is a lovely breeze drifting in thru the open patio door next to where I am sitting. Wait a minute, what am I talking about? Every day is a nice day here, so therefore it is going to be yet another boring, outstanding weather day. Must admit that lately the sun is really hot, but the shade is marvelous. Only problem is that we need rain and the afternoons tend to get breezy which makes dust and makes my wife upset as she needs to dust more frequently with all the doors and windows open.

By this time tomorrow I will be on the road heading north - waaaaay north. If any of you DTR'ers see me on the road, give me a way or wave me down and take me for a coffee (or lunch). Nothing very distinctive about my truck except for the backup lights in the bumper and a black antenna sticking up from the middle of the roof. Of yeah, it has Texas plates. Expect to be in Laredo by late afternoon tomorrow and if I get my Laredo business finished early enough, will spend Tuesday night in San Antonio. Wednesday night will probably be north of Dallas in the Lavon area. Thursday will start heading NE and will be in Indianapolos for a Saturday meeting. Sunday or Monday will head south towing a trailer and will be in Houston when I get there. From there, head to McAllen and then back home.
Will have a US cell phone with me and will activate it once I get to Laredo. If it still works the number is 404-906-8446.
See y'all in about 1.5 weeks.
Sure wish they would build that border fence.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:51 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Sure wish they would build that border fence.
Now you done did it!!! My feelings are hurt!!!! sniff, sniff.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice up here eh. Figured out a way to sustain the frozen spheres long enough to hit the Troposhere [Is that the word for the highest part of the atmosphere? Just guessing.]

Look out Yellow Speedo Bob...target locked.

Have a safe long trip Stan.

That Giraffe reminds me of someone on here.

Scotty
Old 04-10-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
That Giraffe reminds me of someone on here.

Scotty
Yeah, the long skinny neck and legs that match. I thought it might be Top, but the camo pattern looked wrong. BigBlue isn't too far from there either

~Rob
Old 04-10-2006, 10:13 AM

Good Mid Mornin' to One & All,

I can’t seem to get a minute to myself lately! Ever since I’ve been back, Mr. Flash has been very needy. I guess that’s better than not being missed.

I did manage to get a new set of tires and shocks on the truck, rides much better.
Got the taxes done too.
Glad that is over with I hate doing taxes!

How about brunch since I got up so late.

Let’s start with fresh fruit topped with lots of whipped cream. Then ham & egg on top of an english muffin smothered with cheese sauce and asparagus tips on the side. Last but not least, coffee fresh brewed with out the use of a toilet brush.

Y’all have a great day!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Took an extra day for an extra long weekend. Got some work done, got some spring cleaning done, got some fishing done, just no catchin'.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:07 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonderful day today Shelled out the bearings on the left front geared hub on the tractor. Looks like the seal got damaged and let water/FOD in and ate the bearings. Good thing I shut it down when the "noise" occured. Doesn't look like any damage to the ring and pinion. Looks like Murphy is in the area.

smellinglike90WandneedingabeerShortround out
Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good to see you around the cooler again, Flash. These guys were getting a little scroungy without any feminine touch to inspire them.

Scotty - - I told you, I can't wear your yellow Speedo - - mine is red. (hee hee, now that stupid sphere will zero in a a red Speedo and hit one of those Canucks out on the beach - - mine is really blue with green pokee dots)

Drive careful, Stanareeno - - crazee drivers north of the border.

Great day here - - got lots done, dinner on Fidelity at the Ritz Carlton tonight for an Advisory council meeting - - sure learn a lot at those meetings. Put your money in emerging markets, guys - - lots of good stuff happening.

Gotta hit the sack - - tired. See ya in the mornin - - someone get the coffee ready before that crazee maid gets in there and stirs the coffee with the brush - - PLEASE.

TiredBob
Old 04-10-2006, 10:52 PM

Flash ... set another place at the table ... you make a better breakfast than I have been lately . Hmmmm ... what would a real cup of coffee taste like ??

Early morning ... gotta ton of crap to do. That time of year ... got a new batch of "boys" to work with. So far they are more squared away than the last two groups ... time will tell.

RUNNINFORTHEDOORWITHAFROZENEGGMCMUFFININMYHANDSPIS TOL
Old 04-11-2006, 04:59 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Good Morning all..... no bosun's pipe for a few days......
pulled a blond-moment yesterday, the swelling in my shoulder has pinched a nerve and made my right hand kinda numb. So yesterday I am at a buddy's shop b-s'ing while he is fabricating a new bucket for his tractor. I put my hand down on the work-bench, and he goes " hey Chris, ....I just cut that piece of metal".....second degree burns across my palm and fingers....
Oh well, at least I cant feel it much...
Ever have one of those days when ya feel like you shouldnt be out without adult supervision?
and yea, they pay me to carry a gun around in public......
Come in to work last night and get a message from the Col in charge of physical security here that the construction they have had scheduled for a month is starting this morning and could I have the survelliance cameras at the gate taken down before they start this morning? Friday is when they decided they needed this done and guess they wanted to wait till the last minute to tell me. Its good to feel loved...
Well, it aint getting done..... I dont carry ALL my tools around with me all the time, so I figure by the time I go home and get what I need and get back here, they should be able to start work around, say noonish...thats IF i can even do it one handed...I want to beat my head against the wall... or better yet, the Col's....

Is this Monday???????

drinkingvastquantiesofcoffeeandwonderingwhyIamwork inghereinthefirstplace...CD
Old 04-11-2006, 05:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Tuesday AM bring slightly warmer temps, clear skies.
Lots to do on the SDT list.
Since I'm the only full-time tech here, and my time is paid on Oct 1 through the following Sept, and they're low on funds, that means ALL the stuff is now shoveled onto my plate.
Job Security.

Wet in the forecast for tomorrow, gotta get my Weed & Feed on the lawn before bedtime.

Y'all B safe,
Old 04-11-2006, 05:39 AM

Chris,
Hope you mend soon
Also, seems like you already had the tool you needed (on your hip) to remove those cameras
Send me your pipe and I will "take care of it" for all of us, uh, I mean you.

~Rob
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by hotdram
Chris,
Hope you mend soon
Also, seems like you already had the tool you needed (on your hip) to remove those cameras
Send me your pipe and I will "take care of it" for all of us, uh, I mean you.

~Rob
Dont hurt my pipe or I'll tell Mrs Hotdram that you aint realy been goin to the "flop and wiggle".....
Old 04-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
- - someone get the coffee ready before that crazee maid gets in there and stirs the coffee with the brush - - PLEASE.
Obviously, you've never really TRIED my coffee... anyone who has, KNOWS you can't stir it! And I use the brush to CLEAN the pot. Sheesh, get it right!

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
... what would a real cup of coffee taste like ??
You won't believe how tasty my coffee is now that I got a new brush! TRY IT! It's indescribable! Flash makes the best breakfasts, but it's hard to beat my coffee!

Chris - Sorry to hear about your injury. Take care of that thing, burns can get infected more easily than almost any other injury. Especially if you can't feel it much, you might not pay proper attention to it. Ok, I'm done preachin' to ya, go get some of my coffee. THAT oughta make ya feel somethin'!

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: Skuttlebutt 9 - 15 April 2006