Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The "Skuttlebutt", 08 Oct - 14 Oct 2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey - - coffee is here. You are a good man, Chaikwa. Not bad, either. You get an "A" for the day. Now the donuts - - hmmmm, where did you find those things, or maybe the better questions is "WHEN" did you find them - - what is that green stuff on there, some kind of foo foo topping. ????

Nother busy day catching up. Gotta run - - have a great one,

BusyBodyBob
Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought coffee was on?! I guess that's why everybody is line up for the toilet... I'll start a GOOD pot.

Gas tank strap snapped Friday, about 200 yards from where I killed the Camry. That corner is now known as the devils triangle. I was under there with cracked ribs and two cinch straps, lifting it back off the U-joint. Luckily the strap was rubbing the drive shaft or the U-joint would have eaten the plastic tank without me finding it. Did a little more work on the boiler stove Saturday. It'll be doen pretty soon. I wanted to get a shot of the firebox and chimney, but my buddy already had it mounted in the tank and closed up while I was laid up. Still have to dig a trench and run the water line... can't wait. Just paid $1.82 for a shot of propane.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C'mon you deadbeats, GET UP!!!

It's 0600, the 's done, the donuts are crawlin' accross, I mean, are ON the counter, and if I gotta be up, YOU gotta be up!

Have a lovely day!

chaikwa.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Donuts?.......Wifey made snausage-n-egg sammiches again.......
I'll take a coupla chunks of coffee though.

Nice morning, sun is juuuust startin' to peak over the eastern horizon.
Temps = 50's to start, heading for upper 70's.
Don't get much better'n this.

Enjoy
Old 10-10-2006, 05:47 AM
P.J
Banned

Dark out this time of year, almost 7AM and I needed headlights this morning.

Daylight savings should be coming up soon, right?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by P.J
Daylight savings should be coming up soon, right?
Well, sorta... we're IN daylight savings right now I believe. We go back to standard time the last weekend of this month, which means we change our clocks back, (spring ahead, fall back).

Don't forget; change your clocks, change your batteries, (in your smoke detectors!). I think this year I'll institute a new policy here in the breakroom; if you don't bring in your old batteries to prove you changed them, NO COFFEE FOR YOU! And judging by how popular my coffee is, I'm expecting 100% compliance! After-all, no one would want to miss out on my famous !

chaikwa.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 AM
JKE

I'm up, but not really ready to do much. Sometimes, just showing up is good.

Break me off a square of that coffee. It should help. (where is the chew smiley?) Cooked a golden chicken last night. Beer butt style with taters, mushrooms and onions. Mmm good. 2 of my vaccuum cleaners finished it off. Now, I ain't got no lunch. Fast food is out. Guess I'll water my way through it.

You good folks have a wonderful day.

preparingfortheBOHICAmeeting - JKE
Old 10-10-2006, 06:27 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
His coffee is always more popular this time of year.
With the cold weather coming it makes a great asphalt patch for those frost heaved driveways.........
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 AM

It was foggy here this am on top of being dark, makes it much harder to drag myself out of bed...but i did it and made it to work at 8.....woohoo
Old 10-10-2006, 09:19 AM

Is that a ploy to get free batteries for the smoke detector in the break room that's always going off because of that rickety coffee Maker?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Redleg
...that rickety coffee Maker...

Hey Chaikwa, I think Redleg just called you "rickety". You gonna' let that slide?

~Rob
Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hotdram
Hey Chaikwa, I think Redleg just called you "rickety". You gonna' let that slide?~Rob
Yeah, nice play on words there Don! Free coffee for a month to anyone that can figger it out!

chaikwa.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 AM

You guys thought that was a breathing apparatus on his back... picture the energizer bunny...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Chaikwa has a definite advantage over some of us - - he can filter his coffee thru his beard - - not fair. Hey, not bad today, Scott - - I chewed some but the donuts were gone. I'm late getting here, so no biggy. Up early to hit the chores - - man, I hate 'CHORES'. Think I will hook that fiver up again and take off. Finally came in to rest a bit - - it is 4 pm - - been at since 7am. Hey, wasn't there supposed to be a lunch in there somewhere. Finished the cage - - wow it looks good. Brushed all the white aluminum framework, blew all the screens, pressure washed the deck, cleaned up the furniture, washed three sliding glass doors and the dinette aquarium windows in and out, cleaned the drive and walk and front porch, cut out some overgrown plants in the patio, cleaned some gutters, hit some iron stains on the stucco from the sprinkler system - - mama said I could rest for a "FEW" minutes. I asked her what she had accomplished today. She just grinned - - before she hit me.

Gotta go make some more foo foo coffee - - need and a cookie. YEH.

OverworkedUnderpaidBob
Old 10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
DTR Mom

Talking coffee's on me

Is that a ploy to get free batteries for the smoke detector in the break room that's always going off because of that rickety coffee Maker?

Yeah, nice play on words there Don! Free coffee for a month to anyone that can figger it out!

chaikwa.

Try your last name, and YES- it was purty durn funny. now seperate the hair outta your face and show everyone a smile!

Quick Reply: The "Skuttlebutt", 08 Oct - 14 Oct 2006