Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sirius! Re-up or not? That is the question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius! Re-up or not? That is the question...

I finally got the call from them because my subscription will be up in a couple weeks. I really think it's ridiculous to pay that kind of money when there is plenty of free radio out there BUT Sirius is pretty much all I listen too right now....
How many of you let it lapse and then decided later that you had to have it?
Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we were without our truck for a week. We couldnt stand the fact that people talked soo much and theres sooo many commercials.

my op. Re-up
Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 PM

I felt the same way until I got! Now I have it in both of my vehicles and garage! I love my Sirius. I can't wait till the end of the year when I'll be able to get the best of both worlds, Sirius and XM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I have XM and have never considered NOT re-upping. If you spend a lot of time in the truck it's well worth it.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 PM

I love my Sirius. and when i'm on the road i would be lost with out it.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:31 PM

I'm re-upping mine. I had it before I bought my truck. There's not a lot of good radio stations here in Wyoming and when your traveling it's terrible. If I lived near a major metropolitan area I wouldn't have it.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

i was going to, but they called me so many times that i finally had to call them 3 times to ask them to stop and to take me off the call list! well guess what, they kept calling and finally i lost it and told them i would never subscribe to them and to never call me again...

makes me sad because i like 198...the morning shows rocked!

but i bought an itouch and have all my songs on it and it is 10 times better!

brett
Old 09-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I won't give it up. My account is setup for autopay once a year for two radios.

MikeyB
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

I personally would never re-up with Sirius because of their policies. I have XM and couldn’t be happier with their service. The reason I despise Sirius is because of how I was treated by their policies in the past. When we were making our move to our new house we had to cut cost and satellite radio was one of those things we cut. My wife had XM in her car and I had Sirius in my truck. As far as service goes they were pretty much the same. I liked both equally. I paid a year in advance for both services. When I called XM to cancel my service they were very nice and even gave me a refund on the unused portion of my service. Sirius was a completely different thing. It was my fault for not reading the contract but Sirius said I could cancel my subscription but I would have to pay them $75 dollars to do so. Now it does say this in their contract so it was my mistake for not reading it closer. I had 3 months left on the contract and didn’t even own the truck that the radio was in anymore. So I had 2 choices, I could pay $75 to disconnect my service or I could just let it run out (which I did). So someone got 3 free months of satellite radio thanks to me and my stupidity.

What makes me mad is it cost them absolutely nothing to disconnect the service. I didn’t even want a refund for the unused portion (which XM was nice enough to do). I tried to work with them but they wouldn’t budge. Then the lady had the gall to ask for my business in the future. I just had to laugh. I told her that it would be XM when I was able to get satellite radio again.

All of this may be a mute point if they have their way and combine with XM. I just hope XM doesn’t adopt their policies.

Britt

Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Then the lady had the gall to ask for my business in the future. I just had to laugh.
i know exactly what you mean..their customer service leaves alot to be desired. the first time i tried to call them to tell them to place me on the do not call list, i talked to a guy that i couldnt understand a word he said. its a nightmare talking to someone like that

brett
Old 09-22-2007, 02:59 PM

Love it, I'll re-up.

How much does it cost for the year? And can I transfer it to another vehicle if I sell this one?

Also, since I have sirius on my stock radio can I use that same account on an aftermarket radio? Chrysler paid it for me .
Old 09-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Im with Trevor, in wyoming your lucky if you can find a decent radio station, but go out of town and you lose it. Then you dont have anything until you get in range of the next towns radio tower, if the towns even big enough to have radio. My Sirius (Buzzsaw baby!!) and my iPod manage to keep me entertained on trips.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:00 PM

When I took possession of our truck in May (build date 7/06) Sirius was already active and we really liked it for travel-trailering - especially when my wife found the show-tune station . It just expired so I tried calling Sirius and gave them my VIN to get my free year and it worked.
It is nice to have stations when there is no other radio available.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Thumbs up

When I reupped mine, they had lifetime Sirius for $399. Since it was over $100 a year, that seemed to be a no brainer to me. You can transfer the subscription to another vehicle or a home unit if youd like.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 PM

the answer to this question is... jason ellis on the faction. nothing else needs to be said.

Quick Reply: Sirius! Re-up or not? That is the question...