Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Show off your shops

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show off your shops

I have been working on cleaning up my shop. It gets its heaviest use during the spring and summer and I don't take time to clean. So in preparing equipment for the winter part of it is to get the shop clean and some what organized. I am still in the midst of cleaning but thought it would be neat to see where everyone does their work.

It is 32X40 with a 20X16 lean too on the side. There is 220 volt 200 amp service.

From where I was standing to the left is an office and small hall where we have a deep freeze, kids toys, etc. The rest is mine except for the kids bikes and 4 wheelers. I hope next spring to have them a shed built for their stuff.

Let's see your shop.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Chapter President

I will show pictures of my shop as soon as I can get it back from my wife.Yard sell things and just put it in the shop for now dear I will get it later.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:00 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
28X32 with Out-Law suite above.

Heres one of the cool features-

Saves me from having to track grease and mud into the house just to take a pee. I will incorporate a urinal into any garage I reside at from now on.
Full 200 amp (seperately metered) plenty of electric for the welder and compressor. Stays right at 58* during the winter. As you can see it's pretty well full of crap, no room for the truck. The wife's new Accord has the empty spot in the garage attached to the main house.
When I move I hope to pu up a 30X36 3 car detached in addition to whatever attached car storage it has. This is pretty much the rural standard, more square footage in garages than heated living space!!!
I'm borderline, I have 1500 sq. feet of main house and 1614 sq. feet of garage space total.
Arrhh, Arrhh!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

LOL! ive got a urnal too! its called the back door but of course you probley cant do that because youve got neithbors. its great bein in the country....
Old 10-30-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No pics, too cheap for a digital camera I guess. Have a 30 x 50 pole barn with 12 x 50 lean too shed added. Use the shed for horses.

Trusses sit 13 feet clearance.

200 amp seperate meter, and yes, it is too full to use. Should have doubled the space. Currently 100 square bales of alfalfa, a 71 Riviera the wife is "going" to restore, the boys 49 Ford pu he's "going" to put back on the road, Daughters "I need to store this while I move" junk, and who knows what else.

Ed

Edit: Moved the daughters' stuff out. Told her I didn't care what she did with it, just get it gone. Now I'm the big meany, but my broke truck fits in the shop. Don't tell, the other stuff is next.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
LOL! ive got a urnal too! its called the back door but of course you probley cant do that because youve got neithbors. its great bein in the country....
Ha, now at night I may decide to save some water, but yes, to the right of me is a neighbor that could see me.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My garage just got finished. It is 26x28x12 with 10 foot doors. I'm getting electric estimates now.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 PM
P.J
Banned

In all honesty, what Surfram has is about all I will need in the future.

Care to share a ball park on what it cost to have that put up?
Looks very nice, doesn't have the lame 2/12 pitch like so many other steel buildings I see.
P.S, I got a decent licensed electrician that does side work for us every so often, let me know If want his #. (that is if you are above North of dover or so)
Old 10-30-2005, 05:58 PM

very nice shops guys. I would like to have 2 stories. Maybe some day.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 PM

I could REALLY use a shop, all I have is my 2 car garage, with enough stuff to run a shop.

This is a before shot, after I got the lights and stereo up. I'll have to get some "after" shots of it actually in use.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
In all honesty, what Surfram has is about all I will need in the future.

Care to share a ball park on what it cost to have that put up?
Looks very nice, doesn't have the lame 2/12 pitch like so many other steel buildings I see.
P.S, I got a decent licensed electrician that does side work for us every so often, let me know If want his #. (that is if you are above North of dover or so)
It was $14,600 including the concrete. The pitch is 4/12. I am about 20 miles south of Dover. Once the electric is done, it is going to be awesome.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Ive got a pitiful 1 car garage full of junk. I'll spare you the pics. I do my work outside...even when its -20...

Nice shops guys...
Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Administrator

I've got a two car garage that about 4 inches too short for my truck.

What I'd give for an nice outbuilding with 8 foot doors.

phox
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM

One car garage and car port (that soon may become garage ) with too much stuff going to do something about that this winter
Old 10-30-2005, 08:41 PM

Well, there's this one:

40x30, concrete floor, 100 amp service. It's insulated and there's a wood stove installed by the previous owner, but I'm not using it on the theory that his chimney skills might be equivalent to his carpentry skills. If you'd seen the outhouses he built, you'd understand why that's wise. It sits on 40 acres about 60 miles from my house, though. Currently holds a 1980 Mercedes SL450, a Yamaha Virago 500, a lawn tractor, and Franken9 the Ford tractor.

Directly behind the house is a 22x22 garage, shrink-wrapped around my truck on one side and barely large enough to hold SWMBOs car, a mower, and a grill on the other. We squeezed that puppy in just within the setback limits the codes call for.

Quick Reply: Show off your shops