Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Shock collar for cats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may need professional help... this stuff is WAY too funny!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hamilton71801
Anybody make them or could you just use one for a small dog? We have an inside cat that gets on the furniture/kitchen counters and it's driving me crazy and the old lady won't put the dang thing outside. I can yell at the cat or hit her with something and she'll get down but I want something that will make a lasting impression on her. Do ya'll think a shock collar is overboard? Me personally, I'm a dog guy and have nothing for the cat except the wife and kids want to keep her. I'm afraid if I don't do something to train this furball, there might be a killing.
I don't know if I would want to even be in the house when you zap that cat You may end up giving the cat the house I have not laughed this hard in a long time, thanks for the visual
Old 10-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
maybe you need one of these:

OR you could simply find it a new home:

i know, tasteless......
man you all are killing me
Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and ther eare other ways to disipline a cat besides electroshock....:

or

Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://icanhascheezburger.com/
Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 PM

Dogs have masters

BUT

Cats have servants.

Here is a good use for cats http://upchucky.com/flash-chinese.html

Actually SOME cats are cool, I had one that toilet trained itself back in the 80s but I haven't had a decent one since then.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I watched the flash animation w/o the sound, and halfway through noticed the verses had the same rhythm as "Cat's in the Cradle" - so I replayed with headset just to make sure...

Thanks a lot pal for putting that Song Worm in my head!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM

YUCK!!! that is sick, and I do mean deranged.

I have used (for like 35 years or better) a squirt gun - better yet, get one of the industrial quality quart sprayers that you can either spray a mist (for cleaning) or a fine HARD stream that is good for - oh, usually 20 feet or so with pretty doggone good accuracy. Get a couple of them, practice a little bit, then set it down by the TV chair and wait for kitty to do the wrong thing, then HOSE the little bugger!

If you are diligent and a halfway good shot, they WILL get paranoid about the off-limits zones. Try to make a distinctive noise or warning word every time you spray them - the AAAHHH!! word in our household will stop any four legged mammal on the place in their tracks and make them go the other way, from the three pound cat to the 1600 pound stud horse.

As noted by another poster, cats are really smart - you need to be very consistent to get good training results.... if you have small children, teach them to shoot this way - it's good practice for later on when they are big enough to learn more! Also teaches them restraint (NO! the cat is NOT doing anything wrong!) along the way.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Chain it to a bowling ball with a chain about 4 inches too short to reach the counters, that should help

Of course this may cause the issue of you listening to that ball roll around all night.

My experience has been, Cats, love em or put em outside where they belong I am like you I don't want ANY animals walking across the food preparation surfaces.
I would be too tempted to put the bowling ball ON the counter and go take a road trip for a couple hours...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta revive this, it was too fun!!

The improtant thing about training a cat is patience, patience, patience!!!so.......

when you get angry, its best to just stop, and sit down to think about it for a bit..........
Attached Thumbnails Shock collar for cats?-sit-down.jpg  
Old 10-24-2007, 04:03 PM

We had a cat when I was in high school. It would sit outside on the window sill by the kitchen table and rip great mouthfulls of fur off of its back, while we tried to eat. It did this out of spite.

Then if you transgressed the unwritten law, it (female) would spray the windshield of the vehicle of the person who transgressed it. The spray pattern was right in front of your eyes. Nothing like a bunch of cat urine in the fresh air plenum to greet you next morning!

Not quite as bad as the tom that sprayed the inside of my car when I was in College. Despite hours of cleaning, the smell would return when the humidity and temp got high.

No, I do not care for cats.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Griot's Garage used to sell an electric mat to put on your car to keep animals off of it but they quit carrying it after a while. I'm assuming somebody kept cranking up the voltage...
Our cat won't stop walking on my black car - she has learned to run when she sees me though.