Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Self Defense Quiz

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 10:33 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Self Defense Quiz

Self Defense Quiz...<br> Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife<br> and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with<br> a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while<br> screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are<br> an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you<br> and your family. What do you do?<br> __________________________________________________ ________________<br><br> Liberal Answer:<br> Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!<br> Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done<br> anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Am I merely<br> &quot;profiling&quot; him by assuming that he looks dangerous, just<br> because he's running at me with a knife and cursing?<br> Could we run away?<br> What does my wife think?<br> What about the kids?<br> Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the<br> knife out of his hand?<br> What does the law say about this situation?<br> Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?<br> Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be<br> content to wound me?<br> If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family<br> get away while he was stabbing me?<br> This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some<br> friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.<br> __________________________________________________ __________<br> Conservative Answer:<br><br> BANG!<br> __________________________________________________ __________<br><br> Texan's Answer:<br><br> BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!<br> BANG! BANG! BANG! click...<br> (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)<br> Wife: &quot;Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what<br> do you kids think?&quot;<br> Son: &quot;Mom's right Dad, I saw it too...&quot;<br> BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!<br> BANG! BANG! BANG!<br> Daughter: &quot;Nice grouping Daddy!&quot;<br><br>
Old 02-06-2003, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Self Defense Quiz

Old 02-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Banned

Old 02-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats gonna make a lot of people want to move to Texas!<br><br> <br><br><br>Rich
Old 02-06-2003, 10:45 AM

Ohhh my sides hurt... that's great!!! I'm packing my bags! ;D
Old 02-06-2003, 10:53 AM

Thats a good one!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:57 AM

how so this for a grouping. NICE SHOToh by the way, around here, Id shoot him too. A bit of info NYS Police has determained, unknown how, that if the perp is within 17 feet of you u may not have enough time to draw ur weapon and fire. that goes for you quick draw guys too.

Dan

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 AM

Wind was blowing awful hard that day huh? <br><br><br>Around here that would getcha hungry or killed . Depending on what or who walked by. :<br><br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 02-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

<br><br> People are always harping on the Gun issue and how much safer we would be without them :<br><br> In Israel the crime rate for burglary and home invasion is practically nil, the cause is because Everyone is part of the Home Defense unit.<br><br> Every able bodied male Israeli must serve a certain amount of time in their military and they all have Uzi's in the home.<br><br> Not too many burglars want to jimmy open a window knowing the chance is extremely high he will be crawling into the field of fire from an automatic weapon.<br><br> This trend also affects other types of crimes in equal fashion. Admittedly they do have the terrorist issue there, as do we more and more everyday right here. But that is a separate issue from everyday crimes committed.<br><br> Solution: Do I think we should issue automatic weapons to everybody?.....No. But the discipline and training these people all gain by serving there country, obviously leads to a society better prepared to defend itself from wanton criminals, and couple that with citizens legally armed and trained in the proper use of those weapons, with violators of gun laws severely punished, would in my mind make the USA a much safer place to live.<br><br> Time to Rid this country of those who would exploit it and us illegally, and give it back to those hard working Americans who build this great Nation every single time they punch the time clock at work.<br><br>Shoves soapbox back in the corner
Old 02-06-2003, 11:24 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=10610;start=0#101414 date=1044551749]<br> <br><br> People are always harping on the Gun issue and how much safer we would be without them :<br><br> In Israel the crime rate for burglary and home invasion is practically nil, the cause is because Everyone is part of the Home Defense unit.<br><br> Every able bodied male Israeli must serve a certain amount of time in their military and they all have Uzi's in the home.<br><br> Not too many burglars want to jimmy open a window knowing the chance is extremely high he will be crawling into the field of fire from an automatic weapon.<br><br> This trend also affects other types of crimes in equal fashion. Admittedly they do have the terrorist issue there, as do we more and more everyday right here. But that is a separate issue from everyday crimes committed.<br><br> Solution: Do I think we should issue automatic weapons to everybody?.....No. But the discipline and training these people all gain by serving there country, obviously leads to a society better prepared to defend itself from wanton criminals, and couple that with citizens legally armed and trained in the proper use of those weapons, with violators of gun laws severely punished, would in my mind make the USA a much safer place to live.<br><br> Time to Rid this country of those who would exploit it and us illegally, and give it back to those hard working Americans who build this great Nation every single time they punch the time clock at work.<br><br>Shoves soapbox back in the corner<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>YOU GO TOP!!!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:27 AM

Time to Rid this country of those who would exploit it and us illegally, and give it back to those hard working Americans who build this great Nation every single time they punch the time clock at work.<br><br><br>So in other words get rid of all the politicians?!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

DF5151, <br>Musta been a double action auto, right?<br><br>Hard to keep that first one in the group with that 1st loooong hammer-cocking squeeze.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=DF5152 link=board=10;threadid=10610;start=0#101425 date=1044552451]<br><br><br><br>So in other words get rid of all the politicians?!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br> Absolutely! A career politician is our worst enemy, he is in it for the money and power only. Our Forefathers envisioned everyday common people, with good common sense filling the ranks of law makers and Judges.<br><br> In this manner every few years the whole legislative branch would be swept clean of the corruption that inevitably breeds there and replaced with people who actually give a dang about us.<br><br> Not a perfect system, but if done correctly you get a couple of good years out of them before the greed and corruption takes over.<br><br> Career Politicians and Lobbyist are an abomination on a free Republic.<br><br> My apologies for turning this into a political discussion, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programing ;D<br><br>
Old 02-06-2003, 11:46 AM

Dang Top!! Did you wave your arms around while you were saying that <br><br>That was a good one.<br><br>Think I'll save that one!! ;D
Old 02-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=Huey link=board=10;threadid=10610;start=0#101441 date=1044553606]<br>Dang Top!! Did you wave your arms around while you were saying that <br>[/quote]<br><br> Actually I used the hands on the lapel method that President Lincoln found so effective. Too much hand gesturing can make you look like Nixon

Quick Reply: Self Defense Quiz