Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Scuttlebutt Dec 25-31, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Pistol - - how about blackened Halibut, caught and fresh frozen in Alaska by yours truly? My favorite recipe, on the grille with hickory first for a few minutes, then in the hot pan. Should be ready to "scud" to you in about 1/2 hour. Need coordinates. And snow, what is that???? Poor baby - - 75 here today.

Great day here today - - need darker sun glasses. More company coming in tomorrow - - Seattle son will be here for a week. Nice - - been two years.

Ya'll be good and stay warm - - I will be thinking of you.

Baskin'InTheSunBob
Old 12-28-2005, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halibut is just fine !!! We used to catch smaller ones down in Long Beach, Ca. before work. We'd fire up the grill and have them for lunch that day. Easiest fish in the world to debone and you can use a cookie cutter on the wings and make the perfect size fish patty for a hamburger bun !!!
When I was on Wake Island (tiny speck of land in the Pacific somewhere)several years ago, you could see the little buggers everywhere in the bay. I'd have a real hard time living there with fishing that difficult .

Doggone it ... now I'm drooling all over the keyboard again.

PISTOL
Old 12-29-2005, 05:47 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOD MORNING DTR!!!!!!

is done....( cleaned the pot before Chaikwa got in)...
Doughnuts aint here yet, gonna have to talk to that delivery boy.
Dense fog here this morning, and below freezing temps, gonna make to for an interesting ride home. Visibility right now is about 100 yds, and starting to ice over on the bridges.

PW.. uncontrollable drooling is one of the first symptoms of Alzheimers aint it?
Oh wait, thats normal for a squid isnt it.....

Fiver, I beleive Scotty has the co-ordinates for your pool, so keep an eye to the sky....

Well the main gate is calling me , the lights arent working, and I beleive they are scared of the dark or something...

wishingitwerequittingtimeandiwasoutofhere......... ............CD
Old 12-29-2005, 06:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How Bout them Huskers!

They won in the Alimo Bowl last night against Michigan 32-28. What a WILD finish. Michigan had the ball and went into laterial mode trying to pull off a win like Stanford did in 1982. They laterialed the ball some 9 times with the players and fans streaming on the feild, but at the last second on OUR 15 yard line Bowman knocks the baller carrier out of bounds to win the game!

YAHOO! The Huskers are on the way back baby! And Taylor, our QB, is a junior!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I just watched that final play on the local news......
There were spectators walking around on the field while the ball was still in play.

'Net searching for a replacement Injection Pump this morning.
Coffee hot, no donuts here either.

Can't WAIT to see what fun stuff today has in store........
Wifey's 'Cruiser in the lot.
Beats walking.

Y'all B safe,
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
's kinda bland this AM... who the heck made this stuff today?

Shovel, what happened that you're looking for an IP?

Redleg came down for a visit yesterday. Brought me a BEAUTIFUL fly he hand-tied too! A real thing of beauty! Never realized all the work and care that goes into them if they're done correctly. I think it's time Redleg... quit yer day job!

Gotta finish making a goat feeder out of a horse feeder today. Too much mud to work the woodlot. Figures, now that I've got wood orders, I can't get to the wood! Oh well, life trudges on!

Everyone have a good one!

chaikwa.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Shovel, what happened that you're looking for an IP?
chaikwa.
Sad details here.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=87196
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 AM

New Years weekend is coming boys and girls. What's everyone going to be doing for the New Years???

Me I hope that the snow is still coimng down and the sled are running. I plan on going out to play all this weekend..

So everyone have a safe New Years!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Fly? that was your new bowl brush, complete with the hook option for those hard to..... deal with situations.

Bob, we're just about thawed out up here, keep it comeing.

Oh yeah as far as scuttlebutt....
Her Majesty just vtoed 14.4 million a conservative fed. gov't. was awarding a liberal state to study and build a mass transit, rail system. WOuld've created some jobs that she doesn't seem to be able to save. Would've benefitted the environment, reduceing traffic emissions and fuel conservation. Would've benefitted her "cool cities" program that she is financing by reducing or eliminateing education, and public service essentials. She says this funding wasn't fair to other cities here. That translates to her not wanting the side of the state that leans to the right to modernize prior to her home area. But she preaches about working together and reduceing bi-particanship....
Yeah, I'm flustered.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
All this extra work renovating and all the new cardio had netted me a fine cold with, well you know...all the plugged head and lung symptoms.

This kind of cold only makes me load more skuds and fire them off. I now have the random program with target lock...kind of like those satelite dishes that track no matter where you go.

Theres 2005 skuds awaiting midnite Dec 31. Yard looks a bit crowded, neighbors want to ask me what am I up to now but they are askeered to ask...I just keep rolling up the spheres, grumbling and muttering in full winter camo.

Looks like Dec 31 will be a quiet night of movies and munchies with some coughing. BUMMER!

Scottygoingtospraythespheres
sotheyareshinyandslick
fortransportandspeed
totheirtargetand
alldressedup
forNew
Years
Eve
!!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Mornin Y'all,
Hey Scotty,,,, don't feel so bad,,,,, you're not alone.
I woke up two days ago and felt like I been hit by a truck. I haven't been able to shake it yet. Got the tickle cough that triggers the "breath robbing - from the bottom of your innards - feels like a BIG Canadian sitting on your chest" that makes ya want to pass out. I'm glad I only get sick about once every ten years!
Oh well,,,, I'm off today and start the graveyard shift friday night, so I hope I'll be over it by next year. Fire off a couple skuds for me Scotty, so I can watch them fly overhead on their way to FL.

Y'all have a good one.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Fly? that was your new bowl brush, complete with the hook option for those hard to..... deal with situations.
I.D.T.S.!
That thing ain't gettin' anywhere NEAR the restrooms OR the coffee pot! Way too pretty!

Shovel; thanks for letting me know what's happening re; the VP44. Bummer.

The 's sat in the pot long enough now so that it at least it's got a little taste to it.

See ya!

chaikwa.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:48 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Headed out for a long weekend. All y'all have a Happy New Year.
Got to get the windshield replaced while I'm at it. $179.00 cash, no insurance hassles to deal with. May get home in time to drop a slickhead before dark.

Shortround out
Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Theres 2005 skuds awaiting midnite Dec 31. Yard looks a bit crowded, neighbors want to ask me what am I up to now but they are askeered to ask...I just keep rolling up the spheres, grumbling and muttering in full winter camo.
Scottygoingtospraythespheres
sotheyareshinyandslick
fortransportandspeed
totheirtargetand
alldressedup
forNew
Years
Eve
!!
SSSHHHHHHH, don't tell big boy - - I am out of here early Saturday morning so he won't find me, and I found the homing device he tacked onto the truck and shipped it back to Regina for absolute delivery on Saturday, the 1st. Hee hee - - what a surprise when he fires off those scuds to see them come right back at him.

DevilBob
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
SSSHHHHHHH, don't tell big boy - - I am out of here early Saturday morning so he won't find me, and I found the homing device he tacked onto the truck and shipped it back to Regina for absolute delivery on Saturday, the 1st. Hee hee - - what a surprise when he fires off those scuds to see them come right back at him.

DevilBob
Theres more then one way to track Fiverbob.

I already caught the intercept and changed frequencies to the alternate receivers...one is in the [censored], one is sewn into your [censored] Speedos and the other two are [censored] with the neighbor and the [censored] controller.

Quick Reply: Scuttlebutt Dec 25-31, 2005