Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Scuttlebutt Dec 25-31, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet....The Christmas Scuttlebutt. Got all the presents open, the turkey in the oven, the bread machine going, now I have to kill 3 hrs. until it's turkey time.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Sounds like FiverBob has his belly full .... roll him on to the couch and prop his feet up. He will be an easy snow-scud target for about the next 12 hours .

Mopar1973man ... there's no rest for the wicked !!! Hope you are at least enjoying a cup of eggnog while you are hard at it.

The warm weather melted all the snow. What was the point of moving up here anyway ??? .
My brother in Montana said that a few days ago there was hardpack snow all around and temps in the negatives .. and then a chinook blew in and brought 60 degree weather to make sure everything was nice and muddy. At least he got some mtn. lion hunting done !!!

Talked to the wife and kids and they had a great Christmas ... time for me to sack out for the evening.

Cheers !!!!
PISTOL
Old 12-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well,,,,, too late to say "Mornin",,,,,,,,
So I'll just say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!
Gift opening all done, grandkids all gone except for one and she's in the kiddy-pen. All quiet and a perfect time for a nap,,,,,,,,,,,,,, However,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm headed into work for the 4-12 shift. Y'all have a great day and I'll tell the boss y'all said I could take it easy at work tonight.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Banned

Hey Guys MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Got A scanner, Firewalkers(my faviortest gift), Waterbed sheets, Duluth trading insulated waterproof gloves a carhart jacket, a 1gb flashdrive, karoky machine, a dvd/vcr for my living room, and some dvd's and a ps2 controller and dangerous hunts 2...Man I love having a big family...So what you guys get?

Mike
Old 12-25-2005, 04:00 PM

A lump of coal !!!

PISTOL
Old 12-25-2005, 04:38 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all on the DTR. A special THANKS to all who have served in service to our country, both past and present, as I remember the holidays when it was my turn.
As for the best gift I got: The joy of my three year old son as he opened his gifts, as I thanked GOD for his gifts.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by iker42
So what you guys get?
Socks n' underwear.

I always get things I NEED, but really hate to buy myself. (I'm surprised I don't get toilet paper!)Besides, I already have everything I want. I'm just thankful that I can realize how good I really have it!

I still haven't seen a new toilet brush however. I guess I can take the SOS pads in the sink an' wrap 'em around a stick!

chaikwa.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Mopar1973man ... there's no rest for the wicked !!! Hope you are at least enjoying a cup of eggnog while you are hard at it.
Thanks Pistol... But I was a lucky dog and was able to fix his computer rapidily and return it to him Christmas Morning... I put a smile on a customers face!

As for my Christmas it was very quiet till the girlfirend called and wished me a Merry Christmas... Then it seems like the phone rang off the wall... Everyone asking me how to setup there new computers... Someday's I wish I did work from home... Believe it or not this last till 10pm MST...

Like you said Pistol... No rest for the wicked....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by iker42
So what you guys get?
Steering wheel cover... Naw... I got some really nice shirts from the girl friend...
Old 12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Happy day after. What a weekend, hey. Had fun - - the Gkids went nuts. The presents were piled so high it was rediculous. We are blest.

Hey Pistol, Bahia Honda is about 78 today - - ummmmm, how nice. Miss it????

Bob
Old 12-26-2005, 03:17 PM

Anybody want some ham? If I eat anymore, I am going to sprout a little curly tail.

~Rob
Old 12-26-2005, 07:41 PM

Well Guy and Gals...

I had a fun day of trying to fix a car that had froze up from the extreme cold we had a week ago. Blew out 2 freeze plugs and cracked the manifold. The owner never checked her anti-freeze and it was so watered down it froze solid! Never the less it going to need a new manifold...

Then on the flip side I lost my aux backup lights... The de-icer that they use out her attacked the ground lead to the relay. So It was time to re do this. While I was there I upgraded the bulbs on the axle to 100 watt aircraft landing lights. Then re wired the relay differently so it was high up in the tail light area to keep it dry as possible. Boy flip on my back up light now you can see a 1/4 mile behind you now! Feel sorry for anyone that has there high beam on behind me...

But other than that I had a wonderful day...

Originally Posted by hotdram
Anybody want some ham? If I eat anymore, I am going to sprout a little curly tail.
As for ham and turkey.... Every where I go everyone is asking if I want a turkey or ham sandwich... Either I will sprout a curly tail or feathers or maybe both... Kinda fun to see that happen... I know... Drink a cup of the DTR coffe and that will cure you... Just scrape off the floating crud and hold your nose!

It all good chaikwa....
Old 12-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mopar1973man
Drink a cup of the DTR coffe and that will cure you... Just scrape off the floating crud and hold your nose!
It all good chaikwa....
Yeah, yeah. Go ahead an' laugh guys... if'n I don't git me a new brush purty durn soon, I'll be cleanin' that pot with my HANDS! An' you don't KNOW where thos've been!

Glad to hear most everyone had a great Christmas!

chaikwa.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:58 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
A lump of coal !!!

PISTOL
[COLOR=DarkGreen]UH HO! I was sure that package was sent to the janitor for this year's coffee grindings ( or next year's flavor ) ........whole new meaning to WHAD U GET???

Thank you to all who don't drink the coffee HERE , to protect us over THERE and above!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey Pistol, Bahia Honda is about 78 today - - ummmmm, how nice. Miss it????

Bob
Oh ... I don't miss it too much. I woke to find 20* and 3 inches of fresh powder !!! Made the slooooow 20 mile drive to work just in time to find out that the Cap'n gave us a snow day. Good thing I have paperwork to catch up on ... or I might've been a little peeved.

First time I have shoveled snow in 10 years

PISTOL

Quick Reply: Scuttlebutt Dec 25-31, 2005