Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"SCUTTLEBUTT" 1/22 - 1/28

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
darn the torpedos.... see what happens when it does'nt snow? some guy in a funny hat gets frisky and starts the week. Lazy Sunday planned... few pics to take, also need to remove a few things from the truck so they aren't in there to steal when it goes in to the body shop tomorrow night. finally getting the bumper fixed. Maybe after that is taken care of I will get back to keeping it a little cleaner, hard to take pride in a truck that needs a nose job...... Might spend a little time on tweaking the crossover and gain controls, this amp is a little more finicky than I expected, no problems but hard to adjust from the seat for varrying amounts of bass. coffees flowin slow but its nice and quiet to enjoy it. All take care, MIKE
Old 01-22-2006, 09:01 AM
JKE

T-storms rolling through here this morning. Gotta love the rain, especially while drinking a cup of joe.
outside on the back porch. Love to watch a good storm. - JKE
Old 01-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Another sunny day, another cup 'o joe.... Chaikwa found the bowlbrush. Turned it up in the drive plowing. You must've left it on the frame rail when you were welding up the back bumper.

Lookingformy100mphtapeandagoodtwigtofixthebrushsoc haikwacanhavehiswoobybackdon
Old 01-22-2006, 10:36 AM

Morning All,
on my 4th or 5th cup of coffee, raining here in Arkansas, thankfully!!!

Hey Hotdram, why didn't you wash your truck a couple of months ago. Last week I got out and washed the jeep and wife's honda, danged if we didn't get a shower the next day. We been so dry here, I was begining to think we were going to become the central US desert.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sittin' here watching the rain slide by just to my south on the radar. Looks like we'll get missed again. Tried using the mouse to click on a thunderstorm and drag it up here but haven't been able to make that work. Guess I'll need to start washing vehicles to see if that will do it.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weather Dry Creek is flowing again!!

Rainy and cold, pecan logs in the fireplace, cold beer in the fridge, fresh bread out of the oven, and a big old roast coming out of the crock pot. Me thinks everything will be all right.

OBTW, I've noticeed some of you Michigainers talk kinda funny. Think you're gitting filtrated by some Northeastern Yankees. Might need to check it out.

Found out you gotta crank the welder up to 250A+ to keep dry.

Bread an p'can smells coming outa the front room, better git.

coldbeerhomemadebreadchunkameatntatersandblueberry wineShortround out
Old 01-22-2006, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And it's still raining here.

MikeyB
Old 01-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by shortround
I've noticeed some of you Michigainers talk kinda funny. Think you're gitting filtrated by some Northeastern Yankees.
The rest of youin's or y'all or however you say that, are the ones that tawk funny, always addin' R's to everythin'! Those of us that speak correct New England English can never understand what the heck you're sayin'!

Redleg, you really found my brush??? Can't wait to get that back so I can make some REAL coffee! Someone musta planted that on the framerail!

normalspeakingchaikwa.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

It's here, I probably shouldn't mention this, but the Barby clothes and WOOBY written on it were kind of disturbing. When you mentioned makeing coffe with it, I thought maybe you mixed the grounds with it.... now I have a better understanding.

JealousInevergotinvitedtotheteapartydon
Old 01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
It's here, I probably shouldn't mention this, but the Barby clothes and WOOBY written on it were kind of disturbing. When you mentioned makeing coffe with it, I thought maybe you mixed the grounds with it.... now I have a better understanding.

JealousInevergotinvitedtotheteapartydon
'WOOBY'??? No, I didn't do that! Now if it said, 'WOOLY', maybe!

chaikwa.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, can't believe it. Everyone woke up on a Sunday - - 2 pages and night is young. Lazy day here - - hot - - 82 degrees but cool breeze. Went back up to Tampa and drooled all over some more new fifth wheels. Sure have some neat and novel layouts. That new Carriage toyhauler is really gorgeous. Just cool it, Bob - - yours is just fine.

DroolingBob
Old 01-22-2006, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
And it's still raining here.

MikeyB

YOU DON"T HAVE TO RUB IT IN!! I watched it roll by 60 miles south of here all day but here? - nary a drop.

dryJay
Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Still raining here. Got flood warnings out. Calling for between 1 1/2 to 3 inches before moning. I WAS going to be putting in fly rafters in the morning, but maybe should rethink that job.

Ed
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 PM

After changing my oil over to 5w-40 synthetic about 2 weeks ago, it hasn't gotten really cold again. The only reason I changed it was to be nicer to my truck on those really cold days. You know, the ones when it doesn't get above -10* all day. I guess it is like washing your truck and the next day it rains Oh well, I guess you win some and you lose some.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Rain here with temps hovering just above freezing.
Monday........

Another protest march in DC today.
Evening rush(?) hour might be fun.

Coupla jobs sent over via E-Mail already, nuttin' we can't handle (or ignore)

Y'all B safe,

Quick Reply: "SCUTTLEBUTT" 1/22 - 1/28