Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

SC teachers: get stabbed, or get fired!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
SC teachers: get stabbed, or get fired!!

the 12-year teaching veteran put her career in jeopardy by refusing to return to a class where a student threatened to "cut me with a knife," she said. School administrators have declined to transfer the student out of the class

News Article

On Friday, she received a letter from Principal Lee Westbury telling her to return to work Monday.

SC has the lowest SAT scores nationwide, and they had to do a huge Teacher recruitment out of state to get folks to come in and teach.

wonder why?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is SO sad for the teacher AND the other students!!!! I'm sure the reason why the other students didn't confirm the teacher's allegations is because they too have been threatened by this "girl."
Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM

thats whats wrong with america,no discipline! that little punk and her parents both need an old school beatin PERIOD.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned

id like to see Mark(madhat) visit the school and get a little personal with some of those snot nosed brats. i bet with a little respect and disipline there might be hope for them to become an asset to society. with an attitude like so many of them have now, i look at them and see immediately that they are going to be a drain on the economy and ill be supporting them in one of texas' fine correctional institutions

brett
Old 12-11-2007, 12:15 PM

At my school, I would already sent her home, Had the expulsion hearing, and made sure the parents pulled time behind bars for neglegence.

Whats sad is the Central Office needs to be more supportive of the school.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
id like to see keith(madhat) visit the school and get a little personal with some of those snot nosed brats. i bet with a little respect and disipline there might be hope for them to become an asset to society. with an attitude like so many of them have now, i look at them and see immediately that they are going to be a drain on the economy and ill be supporting them in one of texas' fine correctional institutions

brett

Try Mark... Already calling me by another name... that's a beating...

Man, I can't believe this crap. Luckilly, I live on base, and my kids get to go to a DOD school, and I can go there and threaten a teachers career if something is going on... I have done it a few times with much success. Not out in the real world. When my kids are forced to go to a public school, if we are still in the same place (beaufort) I'm going to put them in a private school, even if I have to work at walmart at night to fund it.

I have a lot of opinions on how crap goes on here in my area, but I don't want to get banned, so I'll keep my mouth shut. When I was a kid in school, (up to 6th grade) I got 'paddled' if I did something wrong... and I was scared of doing something wrong, so I was good. Imagine that!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by madhat
Try Mark... Already calling me by another name... that's a beating...
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
id like to see Mark(madhat) visit the school and get a little personal with some of those snot nosed brats.
what are you talking about?

brett
Old 12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Keep playing around, you might get a personal title here on the DTR... I'm not that rusty shakelford to know that you edited it...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by madhat
I'm not that rusty shakelford to know that you edited it...
that was pretty nasty. im outta here

brett
Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM

If I would have done that I wouldn't be sitting for a week. I think that girl and her parents need a little discipline. Nothing like a little old butt whopping. Keith
Old 12-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That reminds me of a story that I heard years ago from my brother who teaches at a Vo-Tech. It's been a long time so I may miss a few of the facts but this should be close in general context.

Apparently the school was short of substitute teachers so they ended up with a guy who was ex-military and volunteer LEO. He was told that the students had assignments to work on and knew what to do so all he had to do was maintain order.

I'm told that the look of the students faces was priceless when he arrived and proceeded to field strip and clean his AR15/M16 on the desk as he "maintained order". Unfortunately, he wasn't ever asked to substitute again. Somehow I doubt that he was ever threatened with a knife by one of those students.