Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Santa story that I have to share.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa story that I have to share.

Ok, my daughter is 5 years old and was so exited that Santa was coming that she would not go to sleep. Our 11 month old son went to sleep at 830 so we were on schedule. I had been tracking Santa and she was bouncing off the walls watching it. So we go to lay her down and she is in bed and the little one starts rolling around and our daughter goes in and turns on the light and wakes him up completely. So I have the little one with me and the wife is trying to lay down the 5 year old. I always sneak outside and walk around to her bedroom windown and shake a jingle bell decoration and she says oh santa is here. It always makes her go to sleep. Well this year I was having trouble sneaking outside because my son would start crying being by himself. We tell her that Santa will not stop if she is awake etc. All in all, I go outside 3 times and she finally goes to sleep at 1230am. So we get things put together and go to bed at 2am. Bright and early at 545am she runs in and says Santa was here. So we get up and go in the living room with her. She had asked for a barbie diary from Santa. She got a baby doll set with swing, walker, high chair etc, and an easel. The diary was in the baby stuff. Well, she walks in and says without even looking at the baby stuff, "Where did Santa put my barbie diary? I couldn't help but laugh. But its all worth it once you see their reaction to all the toys. I had to share this story. Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Chapter President

Good times for sure dude. Man when you are that age it is soooooooooo special. Have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:52 AM

my little girl is 4 1/2 we were woke up all night with her asking about santa it was worth it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:32 AM

i'll never forget when i was younger. i fell asleep on the coutch waiting for santa to come. i was a heavy sleeper. you could slap me around and i still wouldn't wake up.

so my dad took the opportunity during my deep sleep to put the presents under the tree. i woke up and kept my eyes shut but opened them just enough to see santa. my dad fit the description pretty well. short and stuby. so of course next morning i was jumping around screaming i saw santa!!!! lol.

i miss when i could do that to my godson. he's all grown up now though. kids almost taller than me now.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We do the jingle bells for my youngest son also. This year he would not go to sleep and I almost snuck up on the roof to bang around up there but fell asleep before he did.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by hamilton71801
We do the jingle bells for my youngest son also. This year he would not go to sleep and I almost snuck up on the roof to bang around up there but fell asleep before he did.
I threw a ball up on the roof. Anything to get her to go to sleep. Its fun to do those things and to see their faces. Its a priceless moment