Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Saddle up Boys, cat hunting season coming?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've got 3 cats. One's as worthless as John Kerry, one can beat up both dogs and is queen of the neighborhood, and the other is a little kitten that suddenly appears out of no where, swats at ya, and then disappears. Playful little sucker. I love my cats. I really do.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:53 PM

Reformed cat hater here...

I use to HATE cats - that is until until I met my gfriend. She couldnt give him up and I gave him a chance and we are good buddies now.

OMG, did I just agree with Beagle???

I think I better get a drink...
Old 03-18-2005, 10:56 PM

I have two pitbulls... cats pretty much stay away from here lol
Old 03-18-2005, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cat..

the other white meat...

Tx
Old 03-19-2005, 05:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Growing up on the farms, we always had lots of cats around. Had this one drunk uncle that would come over and sack up a bunch and toss them in the pond. Ticked us kids off to no end, so one day this guy passed out by his pickup. The cousins, my brother, and myself kinda sacked him up and tossed him in the pond. Funny thing, when the adults finally pulled him out and pounded some air in him, he was sober enough he drove himself home. (Or at least wasn't sleepy)

Never say Uncle Roman again.

I think anything with fur is better than some of the folks I've met. Can we open up the hunting criteria a little wider?

Ed
Old 03-19-2005, 05:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cats are good if they don't spray in my garage. If they do, I will win.

I have a cat that has been mashed flat by a garage door, hit by a car, worms, had an intestial infection and about died (spent $300 on vet bills), shot with a BB gun three times (I had to dig the BB's out), bit, mauled, kicked. But his has made it this far and he's my kitty.

I had to dispose of a litter of cats a long time ago. The most humane way I could think of was putting them in a large wet & dry vac and put the hose on the end of the tail pipe of a gasser. They were dead in less than 5 mins. Painless, and quick.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:12 AM

I'm kind of hot and cold on cats. As a rule I don't like 'em, but a really friendly one is ok. Wife and I had a black one that was death on ground squirrels, moles, and anything else about that size that was unfortunate enough to step into our yard. He was pretty proud of himself too, always brought his trophies home and left 'em on the porch. He was an outside kitty though, and eventually quit coming home, I'm not sure what ever happened to him.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by IA_James
He was an outside kitty though, and eventually quit coming home, I'm not sure what ever happened to him.
I caught him spraying in my garage!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like cats ok. I am not one for the cat owner who wont take care of them, lets them run the hoods unspayed or nuetered, and wont keep their vacines up.

Weve had a few cats here and there over the years and I cant decide if I would want another one or not, but when I think about getting another dog...I never have a second thought about that. I love dogs.

Don~
Old 03-19-2005, 11:59 PM

apparently most of these cats must live in town cuz the ones here keep those pesky rattlesnakes far away. and here is a funny story about the spay and neuter thing ..we had my daughters boston terrier neutered in may, he was 1 and1/2 yr old. in january he caught my corgi and now guess what ,,,we are having corriers or terrgis or god knows what . i think i 'll ask for my money back from the vet.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:23 AM

Last cat around our house tried to get away from the Newfoundlands by jumping into the pond. Bad place to try to get away from a water dog! I really don't care for cats and a cat out roaming in the fencerows probably isn't going to make it. I try to neuter or spay every wild cat I see, it only cost 2 to 6 cents apiece to do depending on if I miss more than once!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:26 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by gwhammy
it only cost 2 to 6 cents apiece to do depending on if I miss more than once!

britt

Old 03-20-2005, 10:11 AM

We don't worry about cats at our place. With 3 large dogs they don't last very long. Neither do any other small animals. There is raccoon laying in the yard right now, Got to dispose of it today before the smell gets going. Thats the worst part about their trophies, need to train the dogs to take them back to the woods after we've seen them. We've had moles, squirrels, opossums, armadillos, cats, snakes, Etc.. show up in the yard. The dogs like to display their victories for us to see. They are like kids with a good report cards, "Hey mom, Hey dad, look what I did, isn't it great."

t-7 and wife do not bring her cat when they come home to visit, it would not be pretty.