Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sad News Given To Me Today About Kauffman Motorsports Co-Owner Nancy Kauffman..

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad News Given To Me Today About Kauffman Motorsports Co-Owner Nancy Kauffman..

Well this is one I will try and muster through,but,forgive me if I ramble...

Today,while on one of his normal routes,Proram stopped by Kauffman Motorsports owner Ernie Kauffman's main job at Henkels and McCoy to say hi and discuss our show that is pending,Scott was informed then of this and called me directly afterwards.Ernie's wife,Nancy,who we all know very well,has been diagnosed with cancer found while during a routine surgery for females.It had spread into one of her lymph nodes and had a mass inside her.The first prognosis was not very good and dimmed their hopes.

She was then sent to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore where she underwent more surgery to remove as much as they could of the cancer and do a biopsy on the rest of her internal organs.Nancy was then sent home to recover and await the results.They have their results back,and while we all know no cancer is good,they have been told they got almost al of it and whats left they feel should be taken care of with chemotherapy.The biopsies of the other organs was clear and she told me that was good news also.I called her today and she is in good spirits and when asked if there was anything we could do to help them,all she could do was say keep them in our thoughts and prayers.I aksed her how she was holding up and she told me not to worry about her,but to worry about Ernie as he had been rattled.Scott will tell you when he chatted with Ernie earlier he had told him without Nancy he would be lost.

At any rate,Nancy & Ernie Kauffman both go out of their way to make us feel at home when we are there for our shows.Even on a drop in visit they open up and do whatever we need and have supported our chapter since we began this a few years ago.Its time we repay them with our thoughts and prayers as we all know how devastating cancer can be so they can get through this and Nancy gets well soon.Nancy will begin her Chemotherapy on April 4th and has 6 treatments to endure which will take alot out of her.I will continue to check in on her & Ernie and make sure there is as much help as they need to get through this rough time.Lets repay them by showing them how our family here responds when we have someone who is very ill.I will make sure they see the thread so they know they are on our minds and in our prayers.I will post a address below for those who wish to send The Kauffmans a get well note.

GET WELL SOON NANCY !!!!!!.........Andy

Nancy & Ernie Kauffman
1759 Ridge Road
York Springs,PA 17372

(Moderators...I didn't know where I could put this note so those who are on this board and frequent our shows could see this easily.If you feel it needs moved its ok I just figured I'd put it where they would see it the easiest...Andy)
Old 03-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Our prayers and best wishes go out to the Kauffman's for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:14 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a drag Andy I am very sorry to hear that. I know you guys are close and the Kaufmanns have been very supportive of the fun times you guys have up there.

There are advances in todays treatment options and I hope there is one for her. I have had friends and family go through this and oftentimes it can be licked.

Hang in there Man.

Don~
Old 03-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about this. She was very kind to me at Fall Brawl, I wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:20 PM

Although I do not know Nancy and Ernie I will keep my thoughts and my prayers with them and their family during this time. I am glad that there is hope and that the chemo looks like it will be promising. She sounds like a strong woman and should be able to plow right through this. If there is anything they or their family needs and I can be of assistance please let me know.
~Heather~
Old 04-03-2005, 09:47 PM

Nancy & Ernie are in our prayers and we hope for the best.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month.

See ya
Chris
Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 PM
DPG

Adding Nancy to our prayer list. Keep us posted on her progress.

DeWain