Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rules for Cell Phones

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a cell phone for my use & it is only on when I want to use it. If you want to get ahold of me leave a message for I will check it a few times a day. My wife gave her phone to the daughter to use because she didn't want her stranded on the road with the two grand sons. I look at my bill & I have used 45 min. for the month & the daughter over 500 min. How did the Indians ever survive? I know smoke signals.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
Well, aren't we snippy this morning.
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound snippy.

I just take exception to the liberals who complain so much about cell phone use in vehicles. There are many distractions in vehicles and one of the worst is 2 kids in the back and a baby in the right seat. People allow themselves to be distracted by many things and it's unfair to single out cell phones.

Edwin
Old 03-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by edwinsmith
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound snippy.

I just take exception to the liberals who complain so much about cell phone use in vehicles. There are many distractions in vehicles and one of the worst is 2 kids in the back and a baby in the right seat. People allow themselves to be distracted by many things and it's unfair to single out cell phones.

Edwin
Um, I'm not liberal and I don't like it when people use cell phones and drive. I can do it just fine, but I know I can. Most people can't drive when their "paying attention" the last thing bad drivers need is another distraction like a cell phone. I am willing to bet 90% of the folks on this site are good drivers including you edwinsmith. The only thing we don't like is when the conversation is more important than paying attention to the road. Trust me, nobody is singling you out. well, not me anyway

P.S. you know, people eating or trying to find a CD or watching a movie or (yea, I've seen this) reading or working on their lap top while driving. Cell phone the least distration compared to those.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
#12 Don't use text messaging. Text messaging defeats the purpose of carrying a cell phone.
I'll take this one on!

I constantly use text message ,to keep in touch with family and friends. When i am at work , i am in my local calling zone , and it is long distance to just about everyone i would ever need to call, so i use text message , it saves me alot of money. When i am at home , if someone calls me , it costs me long distance , because i am out of my "local" area, If I choose to call someone , it is a local call for me , as long as the number dialed is within the area i happen to be in. In which case , a friend or family member can text message me , and i can call them , saving me long distance.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

I'll jump in here with you on the text.........I absolutely love it!!! I'd be lost without text messaging. The thing I like about it is it is easy and doesn't disturb anybody.

I can have a totally private conversation all day long sitting in my office and nobody has any clue that I'm even on my phone let alone having to listen to my conversation.

Another thing is with most cell phone services, the overages on minutes are ridiculous and with text if you have unlimited you can talk all you want for $10.00 a month give or take.

Plus if you are busy you can read the message and see if it's important so you can either write them back right away if it is or just respond later. Where as if someone calls you, you have no clue what they are calling for so it could be important or it could be just chit chat. I'm sorry but during the day I HATE people calling me just to talk...........if you want to talk send me a message that way I am not disturbed or disturbing others.

Another huge plus is if you are having an important conversation on text and someone says something that catches you off guard, you have that cushion of as much time as you want to figure out what you are gonna say. Where as if you are talking on the phone it's a little hard to think fast sometimes and you sound like a complete moron..........uhhhhh duhhhhh ummmmm

I love text, I'd never own another phone that didn't have that option. It is so handy for me and doesn't cost much at all.

~Nick
Old 03-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I usually send and recieve about 4000 total texts a month..............I talk to a lot of people

I hate talking on the phone......most of the time is spent with dead silence and wasting my minutes because most people can't carry on a full conversation or get straight to the point. It's mainly all crap anyway and I hate having to try to think of things to say so I don't have all of these 1 or 2 minute phone calls. It's irritating!!!

~Nick
Old 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM

Heh... My plan includes free calls to the other phone in my plan. Sweetie and I have racked up 1100 minutes in the past 2 weeks.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by newriverSpecon
For me I can't sit around and wait for my wife to find out when she'll get off work, or where we'll meet for dinner. When I get my self folded up in a planes hole and can't get my phone a text is nice. I finish what I'm doing and I don't have to call her back and interupt her work or waste my time retriveing a voice mail. Also texts will go through when a call will be garbled. When you almost have service a text will get the info through.

Randy
I agree 100% I send a lot of texts, because it is easire when you are busy,and need to say one thing. You can just read it whenever...