Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johndeere1259
how many of u guys rodeo... i wanna get into it im 20 is it to late

Just for a lil more motivation

I was 21 when this pic was taken

Now go get it done and good luck in learnin! those jakes barnes instructional team ropin videos are really good, and if you are lucky enough to find a school from rich skelton, speed williams, or walt woodard, JUMP ON IT and quick.. ive been to one of Speed and Rich, and one of Walt.. You will learn.... guaranteed

Rick
Old 03-24-2006, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johndeere1259: just a little heads up. the crosby rodeo will be june 8-10 just in case u wanna stop by
Old 03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Chapter President

Jake and Clays the Journey is good for the views of how they rope, but it is not an instructional video, they just talk about how things have gone in team roping over the course of their involvment.
If you want to learn how to rope, call National Ropers Supply for dates on classes, or Tyler Magnus is good for either end. I went to a Tyler school one weekend and the next was at one of his clinics. If you have the RFD channel watch at 4:00 Pm (or is it 4:30) Thursdays.(the Roping Show)
When you have learned the basics, you might be able to find a local pro that you can get to practice with. It makes good connections. That is how we (Hillman Saddlery) became Patrick Smith's saddle sponser.
It is monkey see monkey do, if you watch the monkey with problems you will have the same problems. If you watch the top monkey you might not be able to be as good, but you will be better off.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:40 PM

You ever heard of Justin Macha, he's from Needville

http://sports.espn.go.com/prorodeo/f...A_Macha_Justin

I'm watching him rope right now.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
JAX

It all depends on you man. It's all in your head. If you are thinking you're too old at 20, then (no offense here JD, just MHO) mentally you are not in shape to do it because you have already subcontiencsley convinced yourself that you are. I started pretty young back in CA, and got hurt pretty bad at a Rodeo just a couple of months before what was to be my first qualified trip to the NFR and couldn't compete. I quit after that (bulls) and don't regret it. I look back on MOST of those times with good memories and that's fine. For you, if you are serious about wanting it, go for it and don't worry about what other people think. If it's something that you really want to do, believe in yourself and just do it. 20 is not to old. The guys that are making money roping, now I mean GOOD MONEY, are almost all over 40. Roping is something that you will get better at as you get older. Unlike riding bulls or broncs where at 25, you're considered a seasoned veteran.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

I used to back in middle and highschool. Actually won a belt buckle for it. I did cutting. I miss it bad. It was so much fun and I had a blast. I just wish I had the time to get back into it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of dedication. Especially if your going to school. I didn't go all over the state, just stayed semi local. But even then I was at the trainers 4 ro 5 days a week and at a show on the weekends. I miss it though. It really is something that gets into your blood and you can't get rid of.