Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rockin and Rollin

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rockin and Rollin

Well today we had another earthquake, 6.5 they said. We live fairly close to the epicenter. and my truck hopefully wasent still in the air at the local truck shop were its getting the flexplate replaced. Gotta wonder being the shop is in Paso Robles were they got hit the worst. Hope them gents ran out from under there if they was, hate to have that CTD land on my head!!!!!

Apache
Old 12-23-2003, 06:59 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Rockin and Rollin

I saw that on the news last night. Is this number 2?

JKE
Old 12-23-2003, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, its the only one today anyhow,there has been some 45 or so aftershocks but whos counting? Actually Parkfield which is close to Paso is the earthquake capitol of the world they say. USGS has some extensive monitoring eq there and its an everyday occurance to some level just about. Gotta say here at the beach were I work the ground water level is usually 3-5 feet down and I saw some things Ive never seen before. We recently planted about 1 acre of lawn area, it finally all filled in and it took weeks to level and grade, directly after the quake it looked like a miniature golf course with mounds as high as 5 feet and some had water erupting from them, also between concrete joints as well, then it just deflated and left small bumps. We belive it was under ground waves of water traveling about. Very weird. streets splitting down the center and became two levels about 12" apart, cracks everywhere. Unfortunatly 2 gals were killed when there vehicle was crushed by a roof top collapsing. Guess thats the price you pay when you live in earthquake country.
Hopefully nobody else has been seriously injured, there still digging.
Apache.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:46 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad news on the ladies.

bad news again on the water moving under and up....you may have a swamp shortly.... :-

JKE