Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Robin Williams

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Robin Williams

Gone.

Robin Williams Dead in Suspected Suicide: Coroner

Shazbot.
Nano-Nano
Old 08-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sad....but not surprised....he was as high strung as he was immensely talented.....his talent will be missed
Old 08-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Sad day indeed.

Had the opportunity to work a movie shoot several years back, and during that period, met Robin and got to know him a bit. One of the most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. And his talent for making people laugh, and motivating them while doing so, was unparalleled. No matter how sideways things got, there was always a laugh to be had, usually at someone's expense. And from minute one until shutdown every day,no matter how many hours, he was 100% ON.

Best wishes to his family in this difficult time. He will be missed.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
In '79 while residing in Sydney,Australia for a couple of weeks,I would translate Mork & Mindy to my friends there. Robin would be spitting it out so fast. Listening to the reruns now,i can barely decipher him.
Brilliant man and humanitarian.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
RIP Robin Williams. I surely will miss him and making me laugh when I needed it most. It's to bad someone was not there to return the favor. Laughter can get you through tough times.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Godspeed Robin Williams! I will miss you and so will many others that you could make laugh and smile in this troubled world!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Many comedians and performers in general live with deep seeded demons. Many of them (like Robin) used these demons to perfect their talents. The sad part is they often are not able to stop the thoughts when the spot light is turned off. He coped with his demons for many years with cocaine and alcohol. He was finally clean and had no other way (in his mind) to stop these demons. From what I hear he had been spending more time alone in recent months trying to relax and slow down from his very busy schedule. This alone time is probably what finally pushed him to his tipping point.

Very sad no matter what the final reason was.

R.I.P. Robin Williams. You touched many lives for many years and will be missed greatly.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:40 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Really shocked and saddened when I heard this today...

RIP Robin, you were one of my favorites....
Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Having several suicides in my own family, including a step father, a niece, and my brother who took his own life on my 13th birthday, I can completely sympathize with his family, and what they are going through.

When I was young, and I lost my brother, it was more than as if a special part of my life was gone, but when he died, my brother took a part of me away , forever. He took something which I cherished most, as he took himself out of my, and my families lives. All I have left now is memories, photographs, and what I remember of my best friend I've ever known, or probably ever will, is that he lives on in me. He lives on in my thoughts. I can't help but think of all that we've missed together since his passing.

I can say that over the years since his death, that I've tried every possible rationalization as to why he's no longer with us, but it simply comes down to the fact that he wanted to go, and now is gone. Mental illness, depression, lack of self worth, or whatever the reason may be, even such as my brother which was a hormonal imbalance due to a tumor on his adrenal gland... had the same the end result.... everyone including those who do the deed are changed....forever

Safe passage, Mr. Williams....
Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good morning Vietnam were Gona rock it from the delta to the DMZ.

Godspeed funny man
Old 08-16-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first time I ever saw him my first thought was "Jonathan Winters Jr." And sure enough, Winters was his Mentor. His son also
Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Having several suicides in my own family, including a step father, a niece, and my brother who took his own life on my 13th birthday, I can completely sympathize with his family, and what they are going through.

When I was young, and I lost my brother, it was more than as if a special part of my life was gone, but when he died, my brother took a part of me away , forever. He took something which I cherished most, as he took himself out of my, and my families lives. All I have left now is memories, photographs, and what I remember of my best friend I've ever known, or probably ever will, is that he lives on in me. He lives on in my thoughts. I can't help but think of all that we've missed together since his passing.

I can say that over the years since his death, that I've tried every possible rationalization as to why he's no longer with us, but it simply comes down to the fact that he wanted to go, and now is gone. Mental illness, depression, lack of self worth, or whatever the reason may be, even such as my brother which was a hormonal imbalance due to a tumor on his adrenal gland... had the same the end result.... everyone including those who do the deed are changed....forever

Safe passage, Mr. Williams....
A guy who used to work for me had a 50 year old brother who did himself in. No note or anything.
He was very angry at his brother and at the same time, he was always wondering if he could have done something.
He got the police to release the gun that his brother had killed himself with
and had us take him out in the inlet to throw it into the ocean along with his brothers ashes.

I guess if you are going to do yourself in please think of the people who love you.
`