Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Robbed at gunpoint friday pm

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by oilfield-trash
Every time you pull your weapon you dont have to use it. You must be prepared to use it.
That sounds like the same point he was trying to make.

Basically, Don't expect the mere sight of your weapon to make the Bad Guy cower and run away.

If it works that way, Great.......but If you have to pull your weapon, dial 9-1-1 imediately and report it, give a description of your assailant, and the circumstances.
The bad guy could call 9-1-1 and have you arrested for "A nut-case threatening him with a gun"......
Who's story will the Police Dispatcher believe?.......the first one to reach them.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you never had a chance to legally use a gun even if you had it. If you pull it before he assaults you he can sue you (if his gun was legal), and if you shoot either of them as they're running away you'll be spending a nice stint in jail sleeping with "Bubba."

Unfortunately the laws nowadays protect the assailant more than the victim... Don't ask me why, ask your representative, and don't re-elect them next time if they are one of those politicians who is anti-justice, if you catch my drift.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM

Shovelhead,
Thanks for reading my complete sentence, unlike some that have not. I see by the various responses that most of us would handle the situation one way and a few would handle it the another. I am secure enough in my training and experience to know what I'd do in a situation to survive, either by initial compliance and/or deadly force. I only hope that the actions of a few "loose canons" will not negatively effect all of us and our rights to defend ourselves.
olifield--I hope you take more time in your decision making before you shoot someone than you did in reading my complete sentence.
Jay
Old 02-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Need95-00CTD
ask your representative, and don't re-elect them next time if they are one of those politicians who is anti-justice, if you catch my drift.

Don't we WISH it were that easy. You don't always hae a choice on these matters. Sometimes you have to go with the lesser evils
Old 02-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pull Ya
olifield--I hope you take more time in your decision making before you shoot someone than you did in reading my complete sentence.
Jay
I hope I do too, so you better not sneak up on me.

In the end, violence rules.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Need95-00CTD
Sounds like you never had a chance to legally use a gun even if you had it. If you pull it before he assaults you he can sue you (if his gun was legal), and if you shoot either of them as they're running away you'll be spending a nice stint in jail sleeping with "Bubba."

Man you guys sure like to throw those "what if" situations in there. "What if this", "what if that", "could'a done this", "should'a did that"

The only time I had to pull a gun out was on some immigrants at our deer lease in Hebbronville TX. Oh, by the way, it did scare the &^% out of them. Were they armed? I dont know. Were we out numbered? Yes we were. all they wanted was water, and food. That we gave them. But the ride to town was out of the question.

As one travels the border towns and ranch roads of the great nation of Texas, those of who that don't carry, are the stupid ones. If you watch the news, you know what I mean.

admin edited
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I hope I do too, so you better not sneak up on me.

In the end, violence rules.
Man you guys sure like to throw those "what if" situations in there. "What if this", "what if that", "could'a done this", "should'a did that"

The only time I had to pull a gun out was on some immigrants at our deer lease in Hebbronville TX. Oh, by the way, it did scare the &^% out of them. Were they armed? I dont know. Were we out numbered? Yes we were. all they wanted was water, and food. That we gave them. But the ride to town was out of the question.

As one travels the border towns and ranch roads of the great nation of Texas, those of who that don't carry, are the stupid ones. If you watch the news, you know what I mean.

And yet another gun related thread succumbs to the Keyboard Commandos........

This one's done.