Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

road rage (sorry it's long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road rage (sorry it's long)

had a bout of road rage yesterday on the way home from taking my daughter to camp.my truck hasn't left town in a few weeks (dvd player in van) so it needed a good driving as it was smoking a little when ya mashed the pedal.
anyway, went down a hill fast knowing that the speed limit changed before the top of the hill and passed a ford taurus that was in the passing lane. obviously this guy was one of the few who can not stand to be passed.
one mile later he goes by me and flips the bird. i had the cruise set at about 3mph over the speed limit. the next hill it was like he decided to slow ( or just being a ford couldn't pull the hill) so as i started to go by out came the finger so i waited till my exhaust pipe was right at the rear door of the car then i mashed it!!!! (i love it when it ecko's off of stuff) 5miles later he goes back around me , cuts me off trying to get to an exit, flips me off again.
idiots like him should not get the privilage to drive
Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Diesel envy.

He was just telling you that he thinks you are number one.
being a Ford driver, he was probably confused with which finger he was supposed to hold up
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Diesel envy.

He was just telling you that he thinks you are number one.
being a Ford driver, he was probably confused with which finger he was supposed to hold up
Old 06-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Be Careful Out There!!!!

I had a similar situation last week. A guy in one of those too fast and furious cars was tailgating me doing about 82. I floored it and left him sitting. I went on up the road and backed off of it thinking it was over and got in the slow lane. All of a sudden, he flies up and cuts me off and slams on the brakes. I was standing on the brakes to the point that the tires were protesting big time. And we are on a 70mph interstate. He tells me I am number 1 so the wife all of a sudden gives him both fingers back. The jerk proceeds to open his door and starts throwing out something and only doing about 60. By now something tells me don't pass him stay behind and he is waving me to pull beside him. Next thing you know the idiot is throwing cans of fix a flat out of his sunroof. He never hit the truck, it is amazing how that big monster can swerve like that. He then reaches under his seat and we were coming up to an exit so I waited until he was too far past the ramp and whipped off of the interstate at the last sec. to get away from him. If he was stupid enough to do that crap I figured he probably had a gun also. My point is watch out for these nuts. I have read the smoke stories on here and other sites and yeah it might be funny sometimes, but you never know what some fool might have going through his head at that time or what weapon he might have. Here in Columbia SC there was a woman killed and her kid shot in the back seat of a car driven by her husband when, they flipped off a guy in a pickup that cut them off. Needless to say that was my main concern since my wife was in the front pass. side and my kid was on the pass. side in the back seat. Sorry to be so long, just want everyone to get home to their loved ones safely.

Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
That was funny Ed!

Some people...
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a situation about 4 months ago.....

Left the housing tract & made a left, going down the boulevard, heading for the freeway on-ramp ~1 mile down the road. This guy in a taurus (I think I see a pattern ) is going slow down the road, so I pass him. Apparently people in Taurus' DO NOT LIKE TO GET PASSED! So, as I get on the freeway he passes me, then slows down. So, I tailgate him, just to send a subtle message (yeah, not brite on my part) for 3 or 4 seconds, then back off. Now he's swerving & motioning for me to pull off the side of the road. Well, this quickly got past my non-thinking threshold...brain now engages...I backed WAY off & just kept him well in front of me & ducked off at the next exit & changed direction.

[/RANT ON]
What is it with people today (yeah, myself included at times)???? Short fuses? Carrying guns? It feels like we are reverting to the old west! Now, I realize that guns don't kill people; people kill people. But good grief! Sometimes it seems that one person's peace & harmony infringes on anothers!
[/RANT OFF]

It must be the city life getting to me lately. Gotta go fishing MORE!

Tony
Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 AM

I agree that when it comes to nut jobs on the highway you must avoid them. If you are behind them, turn off and go some other way to your destination, when possible.

I was involved with a nut job about 2 years ago. He for some reason just snapped and decided I was the target of his agression. He did the brake check thing on me a few times and tried to get me to stop, tried to run me off the road several times. At one point we were doing 15 MPH on a turnpike. and there was no where for me to go. I called the Highway Patrol and advised them of the situation and asked for help, which by the way was more than 40 miles away. What this guy thought he was going to do to me when he got me stopped was beyond me because I am a CCW holder and would have defended myself. It would have been a big suprise for him. I made several attempts to end the situation and was finally able to do a manuver to block him from exiting the highway with me.

Hub
Old 06-13-2006, 10:59 AM

This thread is kinda freaky! I didn't realize so much of this went on...
I've never been in a real bad situation, but almost every time I go on a long trip, I will pass someone that doesn't like to be passed, then they will come flying by me a few minutes later like they own the road...its crazy how some people are so full of it...it's been a lot better though since I got rid of the blazer and got my dodge, aparently the size and sound of it make people nervous to mess with me
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by TonyB
Now he's swerving & motioning for me to pull off the side of the road.
I have a three step process for just such a situation.
1. Get away from offending vehicle
2. If step one doesn't work and you are somehow forced to stop do the following: Get 4 cell maglight out from under seat, then if offender comes near vehicle, maglight to the teeth.
3. Repeat step 2 as necessary.

In all seriousness though. People like that think they are the best driver on the road and when you pass them, to them, you are trying to dominate "their" road. As stupid as that sounds it's the only thing I can think of.

I had some highschool kids in a grand am of all things swerve in front of me right before exiting the interstate. His little friends turn around to see if they ****** off the big truck and that did it for me. I let them merge on to our loop and then I go past him. He then speeds up, so he doesn't lose our imaginary race, and I block him behind 2 other cars, three lanes wide. He stayed right on me for a mile or so then tried to go around all three of us using the on ramp. Yea that diddn't work, My wimpy v6 was more than he had apparently because I got back in front of him and blocked him for another few miles. Hopefully going 10mi under the speed limit for about fifteen min let him know he's a moron. If not,prolly not, then I had fun making some moron mad

I guess what I'm saying is other people's road rage can be fun if you play your cards right.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 AM

If you ever have a GUN pulled on you or pointed at you its not a good feeling!Been there not cool at all.People just dont care anymore.I have done the stuiped thing ride there but or black smoke them but be careful!My son and wife and me are to important life is to short! treat people like you want to be treated. GOD BLESS.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

I had one guy the other day tailgating me so I let out a small little puff and tapped the brakes to let him know to back off. Nothing excessive and my speedo didn't even drop speeds. Well this idiot decides to get even closer (another tarus driver by the way). So I let out a big ol cloud on him and haul bootie. Well he decides to try and pass me in the center turn lane. So I politely move over in front of him and hammer it on him again. By this time my dad was getting ready to ring my neck so I moved over and let him go by and we both showed each other that we were number one. I just don't understand how a small tap of the brakes could **** someone off so much. Oh well. His windows and sun roof were open so maybe he'll think twice about screwing with a diesel.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Guns don't kill people.
People don't kill people.
ATTITUDES kill people.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Chapter President

And then you have the cell phone terrorist as I call them that drive below the speed limit in groups and block the road. Then if you get a chance by there mistake to move into the left lane and pass the try to run you off the road and call the cops and since theres more of them than you the cop gives you a ticket. Nothing came of the ticket though. Just sitting on the side of the road for 2hrs taking a nap wasn't nice. Also the stress and Lawyers trying to steel my money. I didn't spend any money and it was thrown out of court.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 PM

I once had a friend who did not have that limiter switch most of us do. There are others like him too. Better hope its not them that you respond in kind to, because it may be their gun that ends the discussion. My friend would use his. I've seen him knock out a State Trooper who pulled him over for a light out. I've seen him lay a 44 mag over the door as the other driver walked up, his finger on the trigger. They were going back and forth over who was tailgating who. That was the day I knew I could'nt afford "hanging out " with this guy.
I know we are all tough, but really, are you ready to give it all away over a road dispute?

Drive with perspective in mind. It might help someday.

Big Jimmy
Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ratat98
This thread is kinda freaky! I didn't realize so much of this went on...
I've never been in a real bad situation, but almost every time I go on a long trip, I will pass someone that doesn't like to be passed, then they will come flying by me a few minutes later like they own the road...its crazy how some people are so full of it...it's been a lot better though since I got rid of the blazer and got my dodge, aparently the size and sound of it make people nervous to mess with me
i agree!!!!
i useually meet 3-4 major pains on the road per year that make my blood boil this guy was one of them!!!!!!
i almost always drive with the cruise on so if i pass you going up a hill its cause you slowed down, and you can pass me back if ya want i dont care. just dont think i'm tryin to mess with ya!!!

Quick Reply: road rage (sorry it's long)