Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rich Kids who get what they want...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was given a car when i was 15 (79 Monte Carlo). After i blew the engine up in that I moved on to other vehicle (8 in betwwen the monte and my (3 cummins) all of which i bought, though the most expensive one was my 84 C 20 , $2000, When i outgrew that i gave it to mom).

Yes, they did buy me my $5200 (+ $4000 for transmission) 93 Dodge 350. But with that came the sacrifice of having part of what i have saved for college going toward the truck.

A friend 2 houses down from me was given land after his Grndpa passes away. he now has a 99 7.3 PSD and an 03 16" lifted F250 6.0. I guess instead of building a house on that land he sold he will be putting a slide-in camping on the Ferd
Old 04-15-2006, 11:12 AM

I have to admit, I am a spoiled rotton rich kid...but not so much the spoiled rotton part...my family has been in the banking business since they migrated over here from england in 1900 so we have some money to back us up..I mean sure, I have a nice truck, nice trailer house, and nice furniture all thanks to my grandad who was the nicest man I have ever known and will probably ever know...but I make sure to limit myself to that...I could go out and ask mommy or daddy for a 6" lift kit with an edge juice/attitude and whatever else would make my truck obnoxiously huge and loud, but it annoys the heck out of me when kids my age go and do that...i mean isnt 22 old enough to have some kinda responsibility?? There are two kids here in town that have F-250's with big lift kits, nice grille guards, turbo's out the wazoo, and lord knows what else, and it looks like those trucks have never seen a day of work in their life...as far as I know, neither have the kids, because their trucks are always parked at their houses when they arent out at a party or something..it annoys the heck outta me! Anyways, Im not complaining or anything, just want to add another point of view to the list! Its all about responsibility I think...but anyways thats my rant for the day!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well not much to say about this here

I strongly dislike spoiled rich kids, But if they are cool, then i just bear with it, I guess it is cause part of me wants be able to be that spoiled and be able to afford anything i want just by dropping the cash for it..

But the real part of me, is struggling to find a real job after college, has to pay for his own mods, bills, diesel, cell phone, and anything else that i want thru saving up with piggy banks, gettin side jobs cleanin stalls and puttin up fence, and strong monitary budgets, and a little thing called Dejavu from a YOUNGER brother who makes 20 bucks an hour as a firefighter. Yeah i feel like a realllllll smart guy right about now... I mean isnt college supposed to open doors for a young man like myself? Somehow im seein now that the real world of job hunting is more political, and in accordance to other federal job websites, has to look just too good to be true on paper to get hired...

Ive been working since I was 16 years old, i figured i should be ahead of the game, But some strange turn of events hit me when i was with my first Xgf. And i had to pay for my college on my own, and work harder, I lost my scholarships. I have always worked hard for what i have, and even though it takes me longer to get it all, I appreciate it more when i actually do get the stuff...

I guess what im trying to say i wouldnt have this any other way, just would like a better paying job. If i didnt earn something, i sure dont want it..... I was brought up that way...

Rick
Old 04-15-2006, 06:47 PM

Ridiculous & Nate-03 D pretty much gave my exact thoughts on the subject and those are the rules that I have been brought up on also. I find it very gratifying to work hard to keep fuel and insurance in my truck. Granted I did get the truck easier than alot of people did. My Grandpa serprised me and gave it to me a couple weeks ago, but I have worked my butt off on his farm since I was little and still do, so that gives me a little bit of a feeling of acomplishment. I feel very lucky and blessed to be able to have what I have and I take care of the truck. I agree with blackdiesel02, not all of us young un's are rotten, it's just those that are that give all of us a bad name. Here's a stupid question, what's a hardship and how does it get a person thier license at 14?
Old 04-15-2006, 07:18 PM

thanks guys for the kind words . i really appreciate it. and yes my parents, especially my father and grandfather, really have gave me some wisdom. i've been helping my dad on the farm since i was 3. when i was that age i used to know, and tell dad that the day wasn't over til the sky turned orange...ahhh the memories.

oh well, time marches on...and thanks again for the kind words, it's good to know that the hard workin' younguns are appreciated and i'm sure i speak for me and Nate here. that makes me wanna keep on keepin on, even though i have to any ways.

thanks again everyone
Old 04-15-2006, 09:13 PM

Lots of farm boys here, like myself. Its a good way to come up & you learn lots of hard lessons early. Helps you when the REALLY hard things hit you later on as you grow up. Guess I was kinda in the middle: we were never rich but I never lacked for anything,either. Also,don't hold anything against the better-off kids: they're no more at fault for where they landed than the less-fortunate are. ...
Old 04-16-2006, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by koogala
Lots of farm boys here, like myself. Its a good way to come up & you learn lots of hard lessons early. Helps you when the REALLY hard things hit you later on as you grow up. Guess I was kinda in the middle: we were never rich but I never lacked for anything,either. Also,don't hold anything against the better-off kids: they're no more at fault for where they landed than the less-fortunate are. ...

I was just thinking the same thing. There are alot of people who farm on here. Growing up I never got the chance to work on a farm. My parents were in the military and I moved from state to state. Now that their retired and I live sortive out in the country I get the chance to be w/ my moms side of the family, which the majority of her 7 brothers & 7 sisters farm. I must admit it is completly different from living in the cities the majority of my life, that's a good thing by all means .

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In the recent years that went by I watched some of my older cousins in their 20's who got what they wanted when they wanted throw it all away for nothing. That kind of behavior & attitude from an "adult" flicked a switch on in my head, I knew then and there I had to take responsibilities for my own actions and grow up like a man. With that mixed in how I was brought up from two of the best parents in the world made me what i'am today, & everyday I wake up im proud of that more then anything.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by derek840378
ive been in a very similar situation w/ an 84 k5

Must be a Gm thing, had the same prob with my 79 a number of years back