Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rhino or Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rhino or Ranger

I've been looking to get a "buggy" and had pretty much had my mind set on a
Rhino until this weekend when I looked at the Ranger. It is a little wider which could be a problem on trails but other than that is there anything I should be worried about with either one? Seems like you get more bang for your buck with the Ranger.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dad has the rhino and he loves it. I looked at both of them and I think that I like the Rhino better then the Ranger. Not any info but an opinion, I guess.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:06 PM

i have a rhino and love it i personally like the buckets seats. they dont look so cheap and the independant rear suspension i use it to pull the pullin truck back and forth to the line (8000#class) works excelent
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Rhino or Ranger..... Kubota RTV. check it out.

I was used to the others before running headlong into the RTV. In this neck of the woods, not much of a price difference on a new unit, and 3 cylinder kubota diesel "fuel sniffer" power, hydrostatic drive, availability of full cabs with heat and sound, onboard live hydraulics and dump bed.... a little heavier than the others, but not that much, and extremely versatile.

Just my $0.02. if it's worth that much
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 PM

I have a rhino and I wouldn't trade it for anything.It mostly depends what you are doing with it.We ride alot of narrow trails.The ranger wouldn't like alot of the places we go.Check out utilityoffroad.com. Lots of good reading there. What kind of riding are you doing or planning to do??
Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doznfire
I have a rhino and I wouldn't trade it for anything.It mostly depends what you are doing with it.We ride alot of narrow trails.The ranger wouldn't like alot of the places we go.Check out utilityoffroad.com. Lots of good reading there. What kind of riding are you doing or planning to do??

Mainly hunting and working around the place and taking it to the mountains when camping. My neighbor has the RTV and while it is impressive, it's not real practical for hunting. My problem is there are 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children and I'm needing even more than the Ranger can accomodate. The Mule offers a 4 seater but it's not very practical. My original thought was to get the Rhino and build a roll bar on the rear and put 2 seats with 5 point harness back there for the kids. Then I saw the Ranger and thought I could do the same thing only use the quick connect set up they have on the bed to accomplish the same thing but be able to remove the seats faster.

When I'm through going back and forth I will probably end up with the Rhino and do the rear roll bar and seats. I've seen them on Ebay but they were very expensive and I figure that I could do the same thing for about half the price.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:55 PM

Funny you should bring up that idea.I will post some pics of what I have been building for a camping trip we are going on in may.We are going to Moab, Utah and doing a couple of overnight runs with the kids in the rhino.You got an e-mail address?