Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

residential use TRACTORS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing Runs Like A Deere> nuff said
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mopardan
Nothing Runs Like A Deere> nuff said
I agree.. but I'd look at a different tractor other than the 3320... that's a JD tractor that is a European tractor that has been brought to the US... It will be a good tractor.. but sometimes getting parts for it are fun.. because that model number might not show up on dealers information...

Go Green... All you'll need...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a Kubota 3830 (39 hp) with 4wd, FEL, 4 in 1 bucket, and back hoe. While I notice the difference in power from my 1963 Ford 4000D, I can say I definitely get more work done because of the FEL and 4x4. I can fill the bucket so it grunts to lift it, but the bucket's full of dirt so I can't ask for anything more. Problem might the price tag, at around 30K with BH. A little over 20K without BH.

Chris
Old 09-06-2005, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by kcastun
We have had a couple issues with hydraulic power, and from one post above, it sounds like a bad mechanic.

I repaired one machine whose owner complained because the backhoe had no power , the tractor hydraulics were EXACTLY on spec. My boss wanted to send it out saying it was ok. i plumbed a pressure gauge into a boom cylinder , and it was 600 PSI below spec. there is a separate relief valve in the backhoe , and in the loader valves.
My father's tractor has been to 3 different dealers...two different branches of MB Tractors, and Eddy Nash Equipment in Colebrook (when I had it). My friends was bought from a different dealer than any of those, PinacleView Equipment. I remember the days when a tractor benefitted from a heavy weight hung off the rear to keep the rear tires on the ground. Neither of these tractors has enough bucket lift to be able to come close to lifting the rear tires off the ground WITHOUT weight!

Jim
Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NHDiesel
My father's tractor has been to 3 different dealers...two different branches of MB Tractors, and Eddy Nash Equipment in Colebrook (when I had it). My friends was bought from a different dealer than any of those, PinacleView Equipment. I remember the days when a tractor benefitted from a heavy weight hung off the rear to keep the rear tires on the ground. Neither of these tractors has enough bucket lift to be able to come close to lifting the rear tires off the ground WITHOUT weight!

Jim
I suggest you check out TractorByNet.com forums to see if anyone can offer advice there. I learned how to mak emy own hydraulic test quage there, procedures for the tests, and how to modify the pressure my tractor puts out.

Chris
Old 09-06-2005, 11:22 PM

Some other things to consider. If you are getting a shuttle shift, make sure you get a wet clutch. These last MUCH longer than a dry clutch, more expensive but longer service life. I am NOT a JD fan, but when I compared the little tractors the JD came out on top (models 4310, 4210 ect...) simply because of some of the little things like a wet clutch, and a plastic hood (they hold up to weather) (sorry Signature600, I did not get to compare some of the Acgo stuff, but did not buy either so when I do I'll come down and see you).
It all boils down to the local dealer, no matter how good a machine you buy, it WILL break down. Then you are left with the dealer, if he's a dud, you will not be satisfied with your purchase. good luck.

DuaneW
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 PM

I have to tell you...its not in the department you guys are used to using, but my little 13 horse Honda is nearly 20 years old and runs as well as it did the day we brought it home. I used it to mow a 1 acre yard, and so far all I have had to do to it is replace the PTO clutch disk (just like a mini automobile disk), and a few years ago the bolt securing the cam pulley loosened up and did some damage. I was able to fix it and put on a new timing belt and it has been fine since. I beat the CRAP out of that tractor, using it like a little brush hog and used it to cut any brush that was small enough for the tractor to push over without lifting the front of the tractor off the ground. I wish they made larger, commercial sized tractors...I'd probably run out and buy one whether I needed it or not!!!

Jim