Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Reclaimed My Garage Aarrgghh Aaarrgghhh

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reclaimed My Garage Aarrgghh Aaarrgghhh

SO WENT to my garage a few days ago to have a smoke ( don't smoke in my house) going to spot and trip and land on my face! something falls , scrateches the bumper cover on my Srt uugghh. so look around and among all the garbage ( from all my in laws ) in more of my inlaws garbage!! seems they are trying to sneak some junk in there when i'm noy home , ask my wife about it and she said it was only for a few days, well i lose it!! dont say anything to her, just go the garage call my buddy ( who owns a bin drop off company) butter up the side of the srt so i can get it out of all the junk and start pilling there garbage.the bin shows up and my wife comes asking what i'm doing? i just tell this is my garage, i have been storing peoples crap here as long as we live her and aftyer today we wont be anymore so you better make spome calles cause whatever we dont own is going in that bin and will be gone by monday. surprizingly she said i was right!! so i get all the junk out and i got neat stuff i havn't seen in years!! i found 6 cases of armstrong commercial tile i had left over from my store, and i started putting on the floor in a checker pattern looks really cool. i found 3 4x8 sheets of polished alum checker plate and a 4x8 sheet of stainless steel .not sure what i'm gonna do with it yet but i'll find something cool for it.(rant over) it seemed with every load in the bin my stress level dropped kinda nice and was great seeing them freeze thier but off digging all their crap outa that binso i can almost park 2 vehicles now!! i will post some pics of before in progress and when i'm done.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Good way to hanlde that situation. That is why there are storage lockers to rent for peopel to store stuffi in, Not in your garage.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Now you need to put in an old couch, a TV, and a fridge!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by desertram800
And a Sat dish.
I could use the stainless steel, I want to build a Arctic entry way and line it so I can park my BBQ gril inside it in the winter...**** propane won't flow at 50 below. Be nice to have a flameproof entry way with a overhead exhaust an to be able to grill in comfort all winter...
Old 01-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by desertram800
you know it!! my buddy is comeing over today with a dish set up for me, i bought some old bleacher chairs from the montreal collosium before they demo'd it , and the same buddy coming over to do the sat also selling me a 43 lcd that has cosmetic damage from a showhome
Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
And a Sat dish.
I could use the stainless steel, I want to build a Arctic entry way and line it so I can park my BBQ gril inside it in the winter...**** propane won't flow at 50 below. Be nice to have a flameproof entry way with a overhead exhaust an to be able to grill in comfort all winter...
thats to bad, i just chuked a huge fryer overhead 7 vent system from my store. i have a front clip left over from doing my 68 chicken i saw in that movie "the fast and the furious" they had a bbq made outa a fire chicken front end sure would like to see a good pic of that, would also be cool to make a couch outa that clip too, just have it look like a decorative piece untill you "pop" the hood and plant your butt and have a cold one.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
so I can park my BBQ gril inside it in the winter...**** propane won't flow at 50 below.
You could always wrap some heat tape around the tank and plug it in, or use a small electric heating pad like I do. Along the same line as a nitrous bottle blanket.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by SRTchris
...i saw in that movie "the fast and the furious" they had a bbq made outa a fire chicken front end sure would like to see a good pic of that...
The movie was actually the "Gone In 60 Seconds" remake. F&F would never have something that cool in it.

I too reclaimed "my" (parents) garage this week (no garage at my place ). Went over to work on the truck and couldn't even get the nose of the truck in the door and decided it was time to take care of that mess. Filled their 4'x4'x8' dumpster in under an hour and that was only one garage bay out of three. Still need to get the extra Charger parts sold. Kill two birds, make enough room to actually work in there and get some money to spend on the car.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:54 AM

Yea I have a heat pad on mine too. It really helps for a hotter flame in mild temps down to around 20 below after that the heat dissipates so fast it takes a hour to do a burger, so I want to build a insulated grill/smoke house that way you don't have to have on arctic wear to cook a steak.
The house I bought had a attached garage and I turned it into a living room/den an utility room so now I need to build another garage.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar440_6
The movie was actually the "Gone In 60 Seconds" remake. F&F would never have something that cool in it.
your right i judt FF through it and it was just an oil barrel now where the heck did i see that??
Old 01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that you wouldn't have had any problems at all if you had just not went out to smoke a cigarette.