Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A REALLY good reason to keep your driver's license, reg., and insurance REAL handy

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow talk abought impationce(sp). I realize cops have to have some leway on judgment calls but that video makes that cop look bad. I would have a hard time dealing with a cop like that. I would probobly just drive away but that would make it 100 times worse.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the link has been removed, but it sounds like the officer was a little impatient and unprofessional. I keep my stuff REAL handy, all together in the glove box. If something was not going as expected and an officer was getting out of control at me, I would just give 911 a call and tell them what was taking place and ask for another officer to assist ME for my protection in the situation. I like the fact that our doors are self-locking, I would only roll my window down far enough to SEE and be seen, and to hand out whatever requested. I will never step out of my vehicle without a second officer present, AND since I am a woman, it really needs to be a female officer.

CD
Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Weg

With a WHOLE 3 day suspension behind it

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/opm/downl...nor_06-635.pdf

At least in that report the Chief of Police admits the officer's attitude was out of line and did not have adequate evidence to actually USE the tazer.

Just for anyone that is bored like me. Here is the transcript for the IA of the police officer.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/statesman/..._affidavit.pdf
Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 PM

yeah I've seen the video. yeah I think he should stand before a fully educated jury.

I also have a video of a friend in austin that got tazed. The news was filming a story on over use of force oddly enough on 6th street and you see him running in the back ground and the news crew takes chase crazy.

They got him with 2 tazers.

Problem I had was the cop lied on tape and said he was using stolen credit cards. Incorrect he was using a fake ID and grabbed it from a door man trying to keep it and ran.

Cops shouldn't lie.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Sigh. I worked with so many good cops including a good friend, Officer John Watson, who was killed doing a welfare check just 8 months prior to retirement. On the news we dont see many video's of the good cops protecting us, just the bad ones. --Ok, I will get off my high horse. In this day of video those bad cops must be brain dead to be doing some of the things that turn up on video. They need to be hung out to dry.

Last edited by Bark; 12-13-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by WRTN
I think attorney Roger Bresnahan summed up what a LOT of Americans feel and expect.
"Some officers believe a citizen's civil rights end when they stop a person, but that's exactly when they begin. The only way to teach a lesson to police and have them change things is by going in front of a judge, and in fact a jury, and having a jury tell them, 'This is not the way you treat your citizens,'"
Amen to that.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:06 AM

The Good Cops know who the Bad cops are,
They must police there own to earn the respect of the community ,
Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to know the chain of events leading up to the officers behavior?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 AM

What goes around comes around. Course when its his turn to get his they'll preach what a "hero" he was and have his wife crying all over the TV.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:42 AM

More and more cases of jack booted thugs turning up in police uniforms. Getting to be an everyday occurence.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I saw the video and all the guy had to do was give the officer his license but instead he tried to control the situation by telling the officer "uh no hold on" because he figured he could talk his way out of it with a large dose of BS.

Simple thing here folks, obey the Officers commands and things like this don't happen to you. First he wouldn't give his license then he failed to do every other command he gave after that as well, until he was tazerd of course THEN he started complying albeit unwillingly.

If you think you are going to control the situation when confronted by an Offficer doing his duty, then you will end up like this guy. I agree the Officer reacted too quickly, but if the guy had given him his license or even started looking for it, this would not have happened.

Quick Reply: A REALLY good reason to keep your driver's license, reg., and insurance REAL handy