Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Read This It Might Save Your Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Read This It Might Save Your Life

This is good info. We did not know that you should not lie downwhile waiting for the EMT

Heart attack info NEW ASPIRIN/ Serious stuff, no joke!!

Just a reminder to all: purchase a box, keep one in your car, pocketbook, wallet, bedside, etc.

Something that we can do to help ourselves. Nice to know.
Bayer is making crystal aspirin to dissolve under the tongue. They work much faster than the tablets.

Why keep aspirin by your bedside?
About Heart Attacks

There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm.
One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots ofsweating, however these symptoms may also occur less frequently.
Note: There may be NO pain in the chest during a heart attack.. The majority of people (about 60%) who had a heart attack during their sleep, did not wake up. However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.

If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bit of water.
Afterwards:
CALL 911
- say "heart attack!"
- say that you have taken 2 aspirins..
- phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by
- take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and...
~ DO NOT lie down ~
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigIron70
CALL 911
- say "heart attack!"
- say that you have taken 2 aspirins..
- phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by
- take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and...
~ DO NOT lie down ~
Re calling 911.

If you have eliminated your home landline for the cell phone, you may want to contact your local dispatch and aske to perform a test call. See if they have the ability to log your name and home address and save the info in the computer with that number. When the call comes in, most dispatch centers should be able to at least verify that the cell tower the call is hitting would be correct for the address that comes up with it and lead them to assume you are probably calling from home.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good post!

A good friend of mine had a heart attack about 2 years ago. Got done changing the oil on his truck and went in to take a shower. Got out and had a pain in his back. Thought he just did something in the garage and thought nothing of it. Got dressed and still did not feel well and his wife ( a nurse) came in as he was just sitting on the bed and had a pale face. He told her what was wrong and she immediately gave him some aspirin and they waited a few to see what happened and finally went to ER. His EKG showed no signs of a heart attack and his blood pressure was fine. After a few more tests they discovered he had a 90% blockage and went in for a stint.

Kind of long winded but it just proves you don't always have the "Normal" symptoms. to top it off he was only 38 years old!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Good post. Used to be (back in the stone age) we treated them like you would shock patients but apparently no more. Why is it that you dont want the person to lie down now days?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:54 PM

I ran into an ex-girlfriend the other night, she told me about a month ago while she was at work (trauma nurse) she had a heart attack. The only thing she remembered was being at work not feeling well and then waking up with her mom there telling her what happened... shes 22, don't smoke and only drinks here and there and ran track all through high school.. your never to young.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:01 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by trksrfun
I ran into an ex-girlfriend the other night, she told me about a month ago while she was at work (trauma nurse) she had a heart attack. The only thing she remembered was being at work not feeling well and then waking up with her mom there telling her what happened... shes 22, don't smoke and only drinks here and there and ran track all through high school.. your never to young.
Females typically don't experience as severe of symptoms as males. Sometimes resembles minor gas trouble.

Another tip when working on your equipment. Keep your cell close by if you get pinned and have to reach for it.