Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Random Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie

I think I found a problem, your eel is connected backwards and your bobber might be too small.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
I think I found a problem, your eel is connected backwards and your bobber might be too small.
Looks like a dang airplane wiring diagram
Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidrod
Looks like a dang airplane wiring diagram
Or a Lenox pulse furnace.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Administrator

If you can send me the NSN# I am sure I will have the TM for that.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 AM

Received 1,648 Likes on 1,121 Posts
What was it?

You would be suprised the things I have pulled out of toilets, walkmans, pagers, pair of glasses and even false teeth which I left on the sink but nobody ever claimed them.
Jim
I used to have a client that was a center for "disturbed kids". A small psychological office with 3 doctors and a couple staff members. One day, I get a call and it's the office manager who tells me their toilets are all broken, and they want the "super power assisted flushing toilets" as they've had nothing but problems with their toilets over the last year. "They spent hundreds of dollars to their plumber, and he suggested upgrading them to the PA toilets to eliminate the problem."

Reluctant to get involved, being the skeptic that I am, I agreed, and I ordered two $600 power flush toilets and installed.... hoping that would be the end of my involvement with replacing toilets that weren't bad... unfortunately, not.

I get a frantic phone call from the OM about, basically yelling at me that the "toilets I put in were defective !!!! "

I asked... "are both toilets not flushing ? "

Her reply was... "no, but the one in the public area is clogged and they're tired of this happening.... get this **** toilet replaced NOW ! "

I told her that I was doing another job, but I would be there @ 6:00am on a Sunday for an emergency call the next morning to find out what happened. When I got there, I set up a video camera of me disassembling the toilet. When I discovered the blockage, and outside in the parking lot, it turned out to be a kid who decided to utilize about 25 sheets of paper towels as a landing pad for a corn filled dump.

When I called her, I told her that "this toilet was purposely blocked by someone, and I asked her if she knew when this happened, and who used the bathroom last.. "

There was dead silence on the other end of the phone...

"Oh, I know who did this..... and I'll take care of this when I get in the office.... just send me the bill"

Turns out that one of the problematic kids who frequents there seemed to be fascinated with blocking toilets ... I guess to get some kind of attention ..

$325 for an emergency service call, one phone call to his parents, and at my suggestion...... removal of the paper towel dispenser replaced with an electric hand drier .... and problem solved.

Never another call about their toilets since... nor an apology, but that's neither here nor there...
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 AM

BTW is that an American Standard toilet?

Jim
It was..... their famous "Robins Egg Blue" toilet from the time when blue toilets where the ultimate rage...

After talking her out of getting another "blue toilet" and gutting the bathroom down to the studs, replacing the rotted subflooring below the tub shower / toilet area, it was upgraded to something a little better, although I'm still not a fan of blue in a bathroom

Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Administrator

WOW what a difference, that sure does look nice,
I wish you were a little closer, one of out bathrooms has been on the remodel list for a few years now.

Jim
Old 10-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NJTman
I used to have a client that was a center for "disturbed kids". A small psychological office with 3 doctors and a couple staff members. One day, I get a call and it's the office manager who tells me their toilets are all broken, and they want the "super power assisted flushing toilets" as they've had nothing but problems with their toilets over the last year. "They spent hundreds of dollars to their plumber, and he suggested upgrading them to the PA toilets to eliminate the problem."

Reluctant to get involved, being the skeptic that I am, I agreed, and I ordered two $600 power flush toilets and installed.... hoping that would be the end of my involvement with replacing toilets that weren't bad... unfortunately, not.

I get a frantic phone call from the OM about, basically yelling at me that the "toilets I put in were defective !!!! "

I asked... "are both toilets not flushing ? "

Her reply was... "no, but the one in the public area is clogged and they're tired of this happening.... get this **** toilet replaced NOW ! "

I told her that I was doing another job, but I would be there @ 6:00am on a Sunday for an emergency call the next morning to find out what happened. When I got there, I set up a video camera of me disassembling the toilet. When I discovered the blockage, and outside in the parking lot, it turned out to be a kid who decided to utilize about 25 sheets of paper towels as a landing pad for a corn filled dump.

When I called her, I told her that "this toilet was purposely blocked by someone, and I asked her if she knew when this happened, and who used the bathroom last.. "

There was dead silence on the other end of the phone...

"Oh, I know who did this..... and I'll take care of this when I get in the office.... just send me the bill"

Turns out that one of the problematic kids who frequents there seemed to be fascinated with blocking toilets ... I guess to get some kind of attention ..

$325 for an emergency service call, one phone call to his parents, and at my suggestion...... removal of the paper towel dispenser replaced with an electric hand drier .... and problem solved.

Never another call about their toilets since... nor an apology, but that's neither here nor there...

I had a problem with the womens restroom in a medical clinic where they would keep clogging the toilet and overflowing it into the pharmacy below, same thing except the women would use a fist full of paper towels instead of the butt gaskets so I convinced the owner to install Sloan Flushmate toilets and it cut the clogs down by 99%, I am also sure it surprised alot of the new riders on their first courtesy flushes when they got their behinds hosed down.
Also installed hot air driers.

The supply house where I bought them had one set up to demonstrate how they work and he showed how it will flush an entire basket of golf ***** down and not clog, the entire flush last 3 seconds.

I was able to acquire a new Flushmate toilet for my house and it took a bit getting used to the wall shaking supersonic flush at 3:00 A.M.

Have you seen the new Dyson Airblades? I would like a full body airblade like at a car wash.

Baby butt-wipes also clog toilets nicely.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:35 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NJTman, the blue bathroom looks great. I have similar floor tiles in mine and I really like how easy they are to maintain.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I have similar floor tiles in mine and I really like how easy they are to maintain.
Maintain? They're floor tiles, what's to maintain? You put 'em down and walk on them!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Maintain? They're floor tiles, what's to maintain? You put 'em down and walk on them!
Yeah, but us indoor folk like to clean now and again; wipe up water from the faucets or clean up after giving Dog a bath.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, but us indoor folk like to clean now and again; wipe up water from the faucets or clean up after giving Dog a bath.
Oh.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM

NJTman, the blue bathroom looks great. I have similar floor tiles in mine and I really like how easy they are to maintain.
Grade 4 porcelain is all I ever recommend. It's usually a full bodied tile (same color all the way through and about 1/4" thick), and being it's porcelain, a real bear to cut. No using a score tile cutter on those floor tiles, as a wet saw, or a diamond dry saw are the only options. Generally the tiles are from Italy, as they're touted as being the best... and for the most part, I agree. Easy to clean as you had stated.

I never do grout lines > 1/8" wide as I hate grout stains. TEC Specialty is the only grout company I use, and they have some really nice "stain resistant" grout they claim that is stain proof. Stain proof grout used to be just the epoxy grouts, but with chemistry, they've really come a long way.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM

WOW what a difference, that sure does look nice,
I wish you were a little closer, one of out bathrooms has been on the remodel list for a few years now.

Jim
Thanks !

I pretty much have stepped out of the remodeling field, as with the economy taking a (POOP), the remodeling market here was flooded with builders who downsized and started remodeling, and thats when I got out.

Having 2 bad knees, the reality is that it was the best thing I could have ever done. Tiling is brutal on knees, especially when you weigh 230 lbs...

Quick Reply: Random Picture Thread