Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Random Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidrod
AKA Canberra
Wow thanks so much for taking the pictures! I pm-ed you my e-mail address.
Wonder what the heck it is doing in CA.
Dad still communicates with his lunatic Aussie buddies and it is a nut house when they come to visit him.
It will be interesting to figure out that B-57s history. The only ones the military has left are flying for NASA after the wing conversion.
Here is a picture that I scanned from a 35mm slide that he didnt know he had.
Name:  CanberraLarge.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  72.0 KB

Dad is on the right. Dont know if you can see it but in this photo he has a Doom ***** patch on his shoulder. He also flew with the Aussies.
Thanks again kidrod, he will like the pics.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bark
Wow thanks so much for taking the pictures! I pm-ed you my e-mail address.
Wonder what the heck it is doing in CA.
Dad still communicates with his lunatic Aussie buddies and it is a nut house when they come to visit him.
It will be interesting to figure out that B-57s history. The only ones the military has left are flying for NASA after the wing conversion.
Here is a picture that I scanned from a 35mm slide that he didnt know he had.

Dad is on the right. Dont know if you can see it but in this photo he has a Doom ***** patch on his shoulder. He also flew with the Aussies.
Thanks again kidrod, he will like the pics.
Very cool pic. I really wanted to take the cover off but of course it's not mine to mess with. 15? years ago it was ready to fly but it was sabotaged by the previous owner in the dark of night over a $ dispute. Too bad. Hope the pics put a big proud smile on his face
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 PM

The truck

The puppy

Name:  3_zps92d33d1e.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  200.5 KB
Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Both are nice looking.
Wish I had a picture of the dash and seat on my daughters old truck after it met her new puppy.
Amazing what a dog can chew up in five minutes unattended.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
my new baby, 1976 031AV bought it out of virginia, can't have more than 20hrs on it, it's a beautiful unrestored saw.

i have the one my dad bought in 1976 when i was 10 it just last year failed to fire off due to low compression, i have sawed with it form 15 years old till now, thats 32 years.

i figger i'm set for the duration now.

Name:  stihl1_zpsfaf9fbe4.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  265.0 KB
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 AM

Received 1,645 Likes on 1,118 Posts
Two old dogs..

Then.....

Now....

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NJT,
If that is your idea of a finished renovation, I will have to cancel my contract with you for my upcoming kitchen project....
Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
NJT,
If that is your idea of a finished renovation, I will have to cancel my contract with you for my upcoming kitchen project....
Lol... Yeah, but I took all the guys money ! So I'm good to go.....

The house is my sparky's house. 27" aqua in the house, and it's a ranch. We finally got the house fully gutted, as he's a "P R O C R A S T I N A T O R".

I'm doing some of the work, but not all, as he's trying to save $$ as he didn't get much from his flood insurance. Mold guy is next, as his mortgage co. wants the house treated for mold, even though there's hardly any in there.

Once that's done, we need to get a tin knocker in there to fab up some new supplies, as I won't let him run them under the house again, as .... if it floods, he'll lose the supplies again. The house will eventually be raised 13-15 feet from it's current elevation, so another reason to go overhead with the supplies. Can't find anyone reasonable in $$ as they all want the world to do the work. Eventually, he'll have to pay up, but for now, it stands as is...

Lucky to get him back in there by May....
Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bark
Both are nice looking.
Wish I had a picture of the dash and seat on my daughters old truck after it met her new puppy.
Amazing what a dog can chew up in five minutes unattended.
I was kinda worried she'd chew up my truck but so far so good - of course shes only been alone in the truck for a little over 5 minutes. Glad shes not a big chewer at this point.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Saturday AM @ Casa del Shovelhead.
Attached Thumbnails Random Picture Thread-pict0001.jpg   Random Picture Thread-pict0003.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 AM

Now that Disney has purchased the rights to Star Wars, there's talk of filming a new episode.
With the emphasis toward 'diversity', I wonder if we could see a few 'tweaks' in certain lead characters.........like maybe
Attached Thumbnails Random Picture Thread-juan-solo.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Saturday AM @ Casa del Shovelhead.
Nice Sunrise ! did someone throw a bunch of bricks at your house ???? Looks like they stuck to the siding.....
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Nice Sunrise ! did someone throw a bunch of bricks at your house ???? Looks like they stuck to the siding.....
It's a product that looks like brick, feels like brick, is as heavy as brick, lays like brick, made of the same stuff as brick, and costs as much as brick.
LOL

I like it because it's ZERO drafts, and I can close the doors, and I can't hear the neighbors dogs barking.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM

I like brick facades on homes, being a contractor of home repairs, I get to work in them from time to time...

Unfortunately, some folks think bricks are "maintenance free". Not exactly true, as the bricks need to be cleaned from time to time with an algecide, usually on the north facing side of the home.

Realty is that all brick coverings need a cleaning and sealing once in a while. A clear "brick sealer" works best that doesn't build up applying it every 10 years or so. I think it's some type of silicone based product, but I'm sure there are many variants of it out there on the market. I'd stay away from big box stores for it..... definitely...

Worst thing you can do to brick ??? Paint it.

Best thing you can do for a brick home ??? Check your penetrations yearly and replace cracked sealants where they exist.... (notice I didn't say "Caulk") Sealants and caulks are not the same, as caulk is used by painters, and sealants are used by carpenters. Much higher cost, and much more forgiving....

Biggest PITA with brick sided house? Replacing windows...... correctly. New construction "finned" windows are the right way of doing it, but it's extremely difficult as the surrounding brick gets removed, window gets replaced in the R.O. of the frame of the house, and the brick gets put back in..... Insanely expensive.... so always buy the best windows possible when building a brick house.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM

Sent to me from my son..........
Attached Thumbnails Random Picture Thread-fienstein.jpg  

Quick Reply: Random Picture Thread