Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Random Picture(s) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
too cute Troy!!!!!!!!! yer a lucky guy...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay here's a few. My two boys. First is our Golden Retriever Sam right after he just got in trouble. lol. We rescued him from a vergy abusive owner so yeah he's a real chicken, like he's scared of everything, but he's a good dog. Then in the 2nd pic is my lab/german shepard mutt, Duke, but by far the best trained dog IMO for being 8 months when this picture was taken. By the time this picture was taken I've already gotten him to where he knows his property lines, sit, lay down, roll over, and stay all by hand motions, i don't have to say a word to him and when he gets in trouble he goes into his time out cage, all i have to do is go "Duke bad boy, Duke, Cage" and he'll go in his cage and won't come out again until i say it's okay. I don't even have to latch the gate. i'm very proud of him which a lot of people i know think we're really strict on him until they see how well trained he is and then they just kind drop the subject. lol. Then in the last one is the snow we had gotten out here in Western Kansas last winter that i'm hoping doesn't repeat this winter because we we're stuck in our house for almost 3 days, which people that lived outside of town were stranded for upwards of a week or two. Not to mention that it wasn't very fun in a 2wd Cummins either. lol. oh well.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbjarko
Yup, it's nice to see what everyone else is into, besides our trucks of course.

Troy, I love the picture of your lil girl walkin towards the cows and their calves. Real cute
Thanks she tells everyone the one with the big neck is her cow. Take another look at the pic the one with the big neck is a Brahma Bull.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
too cute Troy!!!!!!!!! yer a lucky guy...

Thanks Chris. I saw the pic you put up of your girls the other day I'd say you were pretty lucky yourself.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
Thanks she tells everyone the one with the big neck is her cow. Take another look at the pic the one with the big neck is a Brahma Bull.

It sure is. Good to see there are still some legitimate cowgirls being raised Bout time to get her into ropin.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jbjarko
It sure is. Good to see there are still some legitimate cowgirls being raised Bout time to get her into ropin.

She is more ready to rope than I am ready for her to rope she makes short work of a 76' riata. Daddy has since learned to keep it picked up.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 PM

Best buddy Shadow my late Doberman in Oregon, only had him 4 short years

Nooksack River near Mt Baker WA

Him and my little girl

Trying on her boots

Caught Ya lol

Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 PM

Man she's cute shes got that dangit look on her face when she's in the diaper box.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fire Rescue124
Another Total Loss pic
Attachment 16432
im sure glad i dont live in your territory...how about some pics..."what we saved"

brett
Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Yeah......most of the VFD's around here brag about saving all the basements! LOL
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vzdude
^ Yeah......most of the VFD's around here brag about saving all the basements! LOL
haha...hes a career fireman though but they can sure save a slab

j/k

we had to do a basement fire simulation at fire school and those things arent fun at all and im sure a real one would be ten times worse!! imagine walking into a blast furnace! ive made some very hot fires but i think a good basement one would be kinda fun every once in a while

brett
Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 AM

here is me being an idiot with hair and in college, at White Sands, New Mexico.

all I needed was a piece of cardboard and a good running start

Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
here is me being an idiot with hair and in college, at White Sands, New Mexico.

all I needed was a piece of cardboard and a good running start

haha that is some sweet hair..thanks for pointing that out

did anyone ever mistake you for bill ray cyrus...i think there was a striking resemblance

brett
Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM

nope, sorry, no Achy Breaky Heart for me

running a half marathon:

Wyoming:

marking calves in Alpine, TX
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Well thats it. Its official I suspected you were a glutton for punishment when you mentioned that you were a Land man but RUNNING A MARATHON dude no way plus it looks cold. However I would like to go gather and work calves around Alpine. I've never been down there but have heard its awful rough country.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:36 AM

well, I guess I am a glutton for punishment, because I am running a full marathon in Jan. Training absolutely sucks, but oh well.

I graduated from Sul Ross, which is in Alpine. Pretty rough country, but beautiful. Most people have never even seen the real west Texas, I loved it. Ranching is tough out there, but if you have a big spread, it makes the numbers work out easier. That place I worked on was 40 sections, but down south by Big Bend I heard of a place that was 100 sections. My definition of 'west' Texas is WEST of the Pecos River!

Quick Reply: The Random Picture(s) Thread