Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rambunctous Breakroom Feb 22 - 28

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:34 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey lookers! post! any topic welcome, obviously.....medical derailment not needed....

just finished "running" around, thanx canuck

yes, well, how do I show a boat in -4F degrees?

lotsa lights, heaters and AGM battery chargers going now. fortunately, I clean the boat each month(critter damage prevention), so not much needed past a vacuum here n there.....

yes, I am nervous. selling would be mucho bueno!

geesh stan, with all that sunshine, can't you blow some up our butt?
frozen, politically numb, 'merikin
Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
That new digestive agent I put in the phoo, coffee and eggs should be kicking in rrrrright about...

Now!............................
Well, looks like big boy is back to normal again. .........................

Heidi -- meant to tell you - - heading to 80 today and 80's for the rest of the week. Wow, more like it. Still cool and overcast right now, but guess this front is moving out later today - - don't know about 80 though. Water is warming up in pool. Orchids and other plants are loving it.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Saturday all y'all, my post count has been way down recently. I started a new job (same company) back in mid-January and I have been busier than a one-armed paperhanger getting an underperforming team up to my standard and catching up on what I would describe as a significant delivery deficit. Isn't that a fancy way of saying they weren't delivering nearly what they should be. As a result in the drop in oil prices there are thousand of people in Calgary who have lost their jobs in the last 3 months and yet one of my guys has the nerve to complain that I am expecting him to do too much work. Dude, there are 20 people who are qualified to do your job who would be ecstatic to take over tomorrow!! Okay, enough ranting. There was a reason my predecessor got fired, I knew it when I took the job, so put on my bigboy panties and get the job done.
It is a beautiful day on the edge of the Canadian prairies. It is a bit cold and we got a dusting of snow overnight but the skies are clear, the sun is out and there is no wind. DW and I are heading into the city tonight for a birthday dinner for her city. We never really like going to the city on weekends but what are you going to do, it is family.
Have a great Saturday all y'all.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:55 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Hey lookers! post! any topic welcome

geesh stan, with all that sunshine, can't you blow some up our butt?

Hey Heidi, seems to me that there is a contradiction between your two sentences. You are always urging folks to post, but when I made this post you made an unkind remark. Just when I was starting to think that you are a nice person!
BTW, just for that, right now it is 24C, blue skies with only the occasional small puffy cloud and a hint of a breeze.

Heading out in about an hour to have have lunch with one of my ex trainees. He has asked for to meet with me, so presume that he has problems at work and needs some advice. He is now a manager. Going just up the road to enjoy lunch outside sitting under the palm trees. Tomorrow will repeat that with a friend. I already know what I am going have; enchiladas verdes with refried beans. Hmmmmm-mmm, yummmmmy.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lazy day today. Managed to stock up on primers and such. Rearranged the bench so thought, while I'm here, let's load a few. 100 more .40 in the can now. Prices on supplies locally are going through the roof. 180 gn JHP were $59 per hundred. Glad I still had some.

The guy that bought my old 98 is dragging it over in the morning. He doesn't want to lay in the snow. Time to rip the starter out of it and put in new contacts. It seems I still have a set I bought years ago, just in case. Maybe trade him bullets!