Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Rambunctous Breakroom Feb 22 - 28

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Lary, thanks for coffee. Thought that I would risk sticking my nose in here for few seconds and hope that it does not get frozen or darted off. You guys are positively dangerous, messed up, skewed and a whole lot more adjectives, but fun. Tried to buy some replacement metal pointed darts a few years ago, but apparently they are now outlawed. Can however buy individual parts to repair the broken ones.

Looks like spring may have sprung down here. Absolutely gorgeous weather lately and the bushes, plants and trees agree because I see new leaves on everything. Ants are out in force eating everything new and it is a daily war between me and the ants.

Trying to rearrange my daily life because I am just too busy every day. If I am supposed to be retired, howcum I have no time to sit down and read a book or do something for myself? Came to the decision that it is necessary to force a few changes, so this week am making big changes and starting March 2 will be doing things differently. Have heard that retired folk are supposed to take time and be able to smell the roses, but so far all I smell is definitely NOT roses. Definitely not in the breakroom anyway. Maybe it's Lary's and Scotty's Leggs that I am smelling here?

Off to make more changes and wash my very dirty truck.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Butane soup can cannons were fun.

Very high winds here.
I better stay inside. LoL
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee whiz - - looks like a bunch of people had a day like mine. I finally just sat down to relax. Tired. Got a lot done after our class session this morning. Sure can feel stupid when you sit under an expert on some subject.

Hope everyone's day went well. Later,
Bob
Old 02-23-2015, 07:50 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

We had some of Scotty's wind today. Lovely, quite hot day (31C) , but sure was breezy.

A couple of weeks ago took my truck in to what has been a good shop for years and had them install my new steering box. Ever since then there has been a slight 'clunk' and a small bit of looseness in the steering. Today I finally took the time to get underneath the truck and check things out. Discovered that the mechanic had forgotten to tighten the bolt on the steering column u-joint after re installation. Not nice. Tightened that bolt and now things seem to be OK. Need to take a long ride tomorrow, so will check it out.

Leaving home early tomorrow and will be gone all day, so this will be my morning post as I will not have time in the morning.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:54 AM

It's another day, gang. Time to rise and shine and get something done. Where are you all? What doing? Talk to us.

Put on the coffee and ph00 and hot water for tea. Left some goodies on the counter. I am out of here - - booked solid until 8:30pm. Not a fun day.

Bob
Old 02-24-2015, 05:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for Breakfast Bob, still cold here and getting up and down the driveway is a series of sideways sliding thrills....everybody stay safe and warm out there!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello Rob!!!

welcome to the warm n toasty place to tell what you are doing! we welcome the warmer zones chiming in .....yes, stop being so dang busy and just tell us sunshine and plants exist....

property up North is actually -23 below, wind chill is -40. here, -10F.

had to call the IRS over a glitch in a tax program, finally got through after two days, darts would have been used yesterday. very nice lady helped so much I smiled. had to use government sense by calling the least appropriate topic to reduce wait time to this decade.....
Old 02-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Tried to post earlier, a few times.
Expected to see duplicate posts and nothing.

So...

Bye
Old 02-24-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cold snow and stuck snow plows. Still trying to get wife's car out of the school parking lot after shovling snow drifts and my truck out for two hours school board decided to plow the lot and got hung up.

Rambunctous Breakroom Feb 22 - 28-image-2478372012.jpg

They would be I'm real trouble if I hadn't cleared the first 60 feet.

Have a good one
Old 02-24-2015, 02:58 PM

Quick run thru on the way to the next meeting. Grabbing a phhffff00....................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
hello Rob!!! welcome to the warm n toasty place to tell what you are doing! we welcome the warmer zones chiming in .....yes, stop being so dang busy and just tell us sunshine and plants exist.... property up North is actually -23 below, wind chill is -40. here, -10F.
Heidi - - noted on the TV this morn and commented to wifey "poor Heidi - - up there in the frozen north waste land. I am so glad I told mommy to get out of here when I was 3 weeks old - - it was December in Niagara Falls. The falls are amazing this year. Yep - -so are my orchids blooming in the lanai and I can wear my bathing suit to go enjoy them. LOL Yes, Heidi, there are flowers blooming somewhere on earth (like Florida and Bali).

Bob
Old 02-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Dear BobbyDependable, please go out by the pool as there's something or some things headed your way.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

<---- sets up Scotty's trampoline style sphere relay booster and plugs in proper coordinates for the lanai......
Old 02-24-2015, 04:42 PM

Just arrived home a short while ago, tired and dirty. If the last few days were spring in this part of the world, today was for sure a summers day. Spent most of the day outside in the hot sun. Boy, did I cook!

Home alone all week as my wife is away until Tuesday morning. She left on Sunday night.

L8tr. Maybe. After a relax time.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
<---- sets up Scotty's trampoline style sphere relay booster and plugs in proper coordinates for the lanai......
Hee hee - - - you guys - - it is sooooo much fun sitting back and watch you fume. Ain't no way you are finding my house. It is so camouflaged and it has a special "roaming" GPS coordinate. I have trouble finding it. And then there is the 24/7 anti-sphere system - - it is deadly and vicious - - it returns any incoming to the launch site after going around it and attacking from the rear. Uuuupppsss, telling you too much.

Wow, I feel so free tonight. I have the whole morning off tomorrow to finish what I started five days ago. I have the shower in the master BR in cleanup/spruceup mode and unusable. We have had to use the pool bath. I think I could get it done before my noon appointment. Thursday and Friday are shot with company coming in on Saturday. Mercy, gotta retune that GPS confuser so no one can find me from ground level either. .............

Getting out of here and go harass the blonde. Morry.

Bob
Old 02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Scotty,

Confirming Target Acquisition Data.....GPS Data sent encrypted...visual confirmation confirmed by drone flyby... Fire at will! err I mean speedos!
Attached Thumbnails Rambunctous Breakroom Feb 22 - 28-bobs-lanai-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rambunctous Breakroom Feb 22 - 28