Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Quick Rant About Fords with Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tool
I've seen Powerstroke Cummins service trucks as well. Figure that one out.
Do you mean Ford Super Duty's with Cummins engines? That is an option on the bigger F series.... Powerstroke is the engine name... so to have a powerstroke cummins, would require a hybrid of both engines, or dual engines?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 PM

on a similar note, kinda, not trying to hijack the thread, i joined up on some other powerstroke sites, just for kicks and to ask questions cause my brother has a 03 7.3 and hes had some issues lately, and their also entertaining. i was on powerstrokenation , i believe, and they had a thread asking if anyone liked/didnt like doing a cummins swap into their fords. it was actually kinda funny hearing several guys griping about how hard it is to make 500hp and up and to make it reliable. there sure were some "jealous" for lack of a better word in my vocabulary, guys of the ole reliable cummins. they talked about everything from ease of maintenance, better fuel mileage, easier to work on, how much easier/cheaper it is for the cummins to make hp, etc. there is some good info on those sites, and some of them are a bit less restrictive than here, not bashing our site at all, just saying that some, not all, but some of them get really butt hurt when someone starts downing the all mighty powerstroke. i used to be one of those guys, but ive seen the light about 4 years ago.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Howy
ok serious question.......

I have stickers on my hard hat. Is this ok?

Have a good one.
Summer job in college I had to wear a hard hat. Any sticker that would stick got put on my hat. Lots of banana stickers for some reason , I was just looking at it the other day.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Truckman0097
Do you mean Ford Super Duty's with Cummins engines? That is an option on the bigger F series.... Powerstroke is the engine name... so to have a powerstroke cummins, would require a hybrid of both engines, or dual engines?
I think he meant Cummins Service trucks with a Powerstroke engine.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There were a rash of 7.3's around here with CAT stickers all over them too.

I justified it in my mind that they were proud of the CAT developed HEUI injection system. That got me by.

I see a few Dodges around here too with CAT stickers on them too. I don't get it.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by nirion
I think he meant Cummins Service trucks with a Powerstroke engine.
That makes sense - well - it doesn't, but what he said now does.... thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Banned

does anyone know of a place to get a powerstroke sticker...like the ones on the 6.0s. since i shaved my truck, i wanna add something else to make it look good and so everyone knows i have a diesel and id rather advertise a powerstroke over a cummins because the ps has 8 cylinders just like all the really powerful motors...drag racers dont use an inline 6...ever wondered why? is becuase a v-8 is stronger and more powerful

brett
Old 12-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
does anyone know of a place to get a powerstroke sticker...like the ones on the 6.0s. since i shaved my truck, i wanna add something else to make it look good and so everyone knows i have a diesel and id rather advertise a powerstroke over a cummins because the ps has 8 cylinders just like all the really powerful motors...drag racers dont use an inline 6...ever wondered why? is becuase a v-8 is stronger and more powerful

brett
Yeah, I need one of those stickers for my hard hat so I know its the strongest and most powerful hard hat out there!

Have a good one.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
I see trucks with all kinds of gawdy stickers on the back windows... big ski boat stickers... big motorcycle brand stickers... we get it... you are cool and have fun toys... thanks for takin' a $40k Ford and making it look like a 15 year old's giddy-up truck worth about nothin'... :P

Wow!! Don't look at this thread.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=stickers+back