Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Question for San Antonions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Question for San Antonions

Heading up to San Antonio, Tx again at the end of the year, but thought that this time I would try new territory. I know that north of the city (north and NE of 1604?) there are many new malls and other places to shop, such as LaCantera. My wife is used to shopping at the North Star mall and that area, but is willing to give the new malls a try if they are similar or better. I need a Home Depot or Lowes in the area.
The questions is, what new malls, shopping areas and hotels are up in that neck of the woods? B&B's are also nice. Don't want to pay a fortune, but don't want a Motel 6 either. We will be up there for the best part of a week.
BTW, what do you folks from San Antonio call yourselves?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check out "the rim". its an outdoor mall thing like la cantera, except theres a Lowe's and a bass pro shop also. its across I-10 from Fiesta Texas. its maybe 5 minutes away from La Cantera. BTW, both those are considered NW side. on the NE side (I-35 and 1604) theres "the Forum" which is a huge outdoor shopping center thing that has every chain store ever created there. There is a hooters 5 mins down the road from there : )

La Cantera/Rim area has some fancy hotels and golf, if your into that.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Chapter President

There is a Home Depot and an Academy at the Forum too. La Cantara is expanding also. BTW San Antonians. I just call myself a Texan though.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thanks for the replies. For sure will try that area out. Looks like I will not be staying in that area as long as I thought as last night my wife told me that she wants to spend a couple of days by the sea, so we have now decided to do our essential shopping in San Antonia and then head home via Corpus Christi and spend a few days there, finish up our shopping and also dip our tootsies in the salt water. Must admit I do miss the sea and the surf fishing as I grew up on the Indian Ocean.
Now looking for place to stay near 'the rim' plus on the beach near Corpus Christi.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:33 PM

go to Port Aransas. its 30 minutes from corpus but worth the drive. good fishing, good beach, not crowded in the winter (with the exception of all the snow birds). if you're looking for a modest palce to stay thats cheap but clean, check out http://www.courtyrd.com/.

theres a motel 6 less than a mile from the RIM on I-10 if you're into motels, theres La Cantera nearby if you're into the finer places.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Chapter President

Ditto!!! Corpus IS NOT THE SEA/BEACH. Port A is the ticket, I go down there at least once a year.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Thanks again for the answers. I should have made myself a bit clearer when I said I was thinking of going to Corpus Christi. I should have said the CC area and not the city itself. I have already been looking at a couple of places in Port Aransas and over the next few days hope to have something booked. It is close enough to the city if my wife wants to do more shopping.
As for a place to stay on the rim, we do not need a high priced pad. Motels are OK for a couple of nights as all we really need is a bed and a shower. We do not intend to spend any more time than necessary in the room.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM

in that case, this motel 6 http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-3309...WQAq4PhPrBFmoL is just across the highway. in fact, its right between la cantera and the rim (not walking distance, but very close)

if you need anything while ur up this way, gimme a holler. i stay in town for the holidays.