Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Question for the plumbing experts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
This simple training scenario has never been very successful for me Try as I might I just can't seem to get something that simple to become SOP for some people who shall go unamed in this thread

I have come to the conclusion that some things are just better off left alone so that Harmony exudes from the household
You are perfectly right. Just finished a conversation with my wife and tried some preliminary 'training' so as to get her used to which sink to use per 12v's suggestion. Waste of time and loss of harmony. Now completely given up on either the diverter valve, thinking outside the box etc. Wife prefers to fill a small plastic container with the dirty water in one sink, then fill a bucket and take that bucket to each tree to water them. Go figure!

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why not empty it all into a 55 gallon drum that has one of the lid filter type strainers used when you preliminary filter the junk out of the oil used for biodiesel. Just compost the collected food particles.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Dreamer! My wife would say that it looks ugly and can the idea before I even finished the sentence. She is an artist and everything has to look just right. A drum outside the kitchen window just not cut it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Dreamer! My wife would say that it looks ugly and can the idea before I even finished the sentence. She is an artist and everything has to look just right. A drum outside the kitchen window just not cut it.
I feel your pain.........would need to build an enclosure around it.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

I have a buddy who actually buried his drums in a planter area, the made tops for them which he covered in Astro-turf. He then used a cheap pump from Harbor Freight to water his grass and garden. He made the drums and tops ( plastic blue type drum) practically disappear.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Thought about that, but need to be very careful that the gray water does not start smelling. A setup like that probably requires a grease trap etc.

Not going to bother with the effort as my wife is now content that I tried and is OK with doing what she is doing now. She does not seem to mind the frequent trips out to the garden with a 3/4 bucket of water to water the fruit trees etc.

Thanks anyway.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

Beats having to bust your back!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Trying to conserve water. We use that gray water to water the plants and since we started doing that, the plants are thriving.
instead of trying to valve it which will get pricy with valves and operators, consider running a small septic tank system on your gray water system and run the black water straight to the city system.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Hypnosis and get her to believe it was her idea.

Stan, where do you live in Mexico, what is the weather like?

Jim
Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Hypnosis and get her to believe it was her idea.

Stan, where do you live in Mexico, what is the weather like?

Jim
If you look at a map of Mexico, find Mexico City. Then go slighty northwest and you will find the city of Queretaro. (key-ret-a-row) It is a 3 hour drive from my house to downtown Mexico City. Google Queretaro which will tell you lots about the place including the weather.
I kid a lot on DTR about living in Paradise, but in reality it is pretty close as the weather here is very moderate. Never too hot and never very cold. We do not require A/C or central heat in the houses.