Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you mean the cop was an "Edit" about it? You mean he gave your brother a ticket?
The officer was very rude about it.
Yes the officer was doing his job but he was quite rude. My brother did need the ticket and I am glad he got it. 65 in a 50 is way to fast. He just got him self an audi and drives way to fast.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 AM

i have stock tires and the speedo sensor was having probs dealer fixed it
Old 05-23-2005, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by joel
Actually, in ME, you do get your license suspended for getting a speeding ticket in the first year (or two, now?) of driving....
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Rusty
Old 05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Originally posted by mikmaze
Best one I had gotten away with was a trip with friends in my old 76 coupe deville, 501 w/ the 850 quadrajet toolin about 100 with cruise control on........ passed a statey w a real good hidy hole and said son of a ........ next hill was an exit ramp that I knew well, as trooper is trying to catch up, I went down ramp- checked traffic left right and went straight across and up the ramp back onto highway........ lucky for me trooper went down ramp and made a left! I took it easy the rest of the trip.
Back in my younger days, while driving a hot-shot pickup for the lumber yard I was working for in college, I was going down Highway 6 in College Station doing about 85 on my way back to the yard. Coming the other direction were two of College Station's finest running radar on my lane. The speed limit at that time was 60 mph (I believe it's 70 now)....and here I was going 25 mph over that. As I passed them I saw the cop in the passenger seat point at me. As they hit the median to turn around I quickly exited at Harvey Rd. I stopped at the stop light and in my rear view mirror I could see them just now starting to come down the exit ramp. Luckily, I knew the streets about as well as they did (maybe better). I turned right and floored it.....turned right again at the first street I came too (Sorority Row for those of you familiar with the area)....then turned right again at the next street....taking me right back to the southbound service road I had just exited onto. In the midst of making those three turns I managed to lose them so I quickly got back on the highway and headed for the yard.

That was the one and only time I ever actually RAN from the cops.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hoss you Outlaw!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:46 PM

They have no idea where you were going...so you weren't running

Chris
Old 05-23-2005, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by signature600
They have no idea where you were going...so you weren't running

Chris
Right...I was just driving really fast and *happened* to lose them.

Of course....I wouldn't do anything like that anymore.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

Fellers -

I too have fled. I had a motorcycle and later roadraced. I probably shouldn't tell my stories, especially one of 'em. It was stupid, and I was lucky.

I agree that, 'you pays your money and takes your chances.'

Don't you hate it when your in town, and either working your way through traffic, or pass someone on a 2 lane only to hit a traffic light and have the car(s) you just passed roll right up next to you? That enrages me so much that I hardly go over the speed limit much if there are traffic lights involved. I still work by the morons yacking on the cell phone or putting on makeup.

But on the interstate, well that's a different story. I drive slightly faster than I think I can get away with, with the trusty V1 on the lookout. If anyone passes me at that speed, I hang out about a quarter mile back and let'er rip. Let them get busted, and I'll get the alert.

- JyRO
Old 05-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From 1962 until 1969, it seemed like I got a ticket every time I got in the car! Cali to Texas, and you name the offense...I got.
All but two were justified, but what the hey........I can still remember the ones I should have gotten and didn't.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JyRO
But on the interstate, well that's a different story. I drive slightly faster than I think I can get away with, with the trusty V1 on the lookout. If anyone passes me at that speed, I hang out about a quarter mile back and let'er rip. Let them get busted, and I'll get the alert.

- JyRO

That's right.

It doesn't matter how much you are over the speed limit, as long as the guy ahead of you is going faster!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
That's right.

It doesn't matter how much you are over the speed limit, as long as the guy ahead of you is going faster!

hmmm guess I should quit being the guy out front. Got pulled over once and couldn't tell the officer how fast I was going becuase the speedo stopped at 100
Old 05-24-2005, 10:26 AM

I just about got a BIG one about 12 years ago. On I-10 from Los Angeles to Phoenix, about 10 mile east of the Colorado river, me and 2 other cars decided to form somewhat of a caravan. We would each take about 10 miles in the lead and we were haulin' butt, 100-110 mph. It was about 10 in the evening and I was in the lead.

As we went under an overpass, I caught a split second reflection off a chrome bumper in the median. I pretty quickly pulled into the right hand lane and slowed down to 60. The other cars kept on cruising at over 100. About 45 seconds later, a police cruiser flew by doing over 120. He must have been 500 feet by me when I see him tap his brakes, wondering if that car he just passed was the one he just got on radar.

Luckily, he decided it wasn't and kept going. I pulled over and took a 10 minute break just to let him get good and far ahead of me. Once I got back on the road, I passed the trooper with the other 2 cars pulled over. One of the guys was in cuffs and headed to jail. Glad it wasn't me!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 AM

Old 05-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
I got stopped between Midland and Ft. Worth once doing 85 in a 75. The ranger told me to slow down but didn't give me a ticket. Great guys in Texas!

Edwin
Old 05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CaughtinmyGrill
I just about got a BIG one about 12 years ago. On I-10 from Los Angeles to Phoenix, about 10 mile east of the Colorado river, me and 2 other cars decided to form somewhat of a caravan. We would each take about 10 miles in the lead and we were haulin' butt, 100-110 mph. It was about 10 in the evening and I was in the lead.

As we went under an overpass, I caught a split second reflection off a chrome bumper in the median. I pretty quickly pulled into the right hand lane and slowed down to 60. The other cars kept on cruising at over 100. About 45 seconds later, a police cruiser flew by doing over 120. He must have been 500 feet by me when I see him tap his brakes, wondering if that car he just passed was the one he just got on radar.

Luckily, he decided it wasn't and kept going. I pulled over and took a 10 minute break just to let him get good and far ahead of me. Once I got back on the road, I passed the trooper with the other 2 cars pulled over. One of the guys was in cuffs and headed to jail. Glad it wasn't me!

That happened to me once, too... I was driving a Jaguar XJ-12 down to Vegas in the middle of the night; the car can't get out of its own way in the quarter, but the top end is incredible...

It was dark as oil out and I was doing probably about 90 with the big ole' quad headlights on that Jaguar lighting up the road... Driving to Vegas you usually see a lots of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Vipers and such- well, tonight I got a Saleen Mustang come up and pass me going about 130... Okay, nothing special, but about a minute later the Saleen saw me and wanted to play... She (totally cute little brunette) slowed down to about 70 so I slowed down right by her... She just smiled this amazing smile at me and made one of those classic double fingers forward signs... At this point I saw the radar detector in her windshield (yeah, I was looking at her windshield...) and just shook my head and waved her on... She stamps on it and accelerated back to about 130.

The visibility was great that night and so I could see her way off to the front of me and watch out way far out behind me too... So I decided to play a little convoy action and let her get the trouble... (Very gentlemanly of me, I admit, but she had a radar detector and the sex appeal...) I wasn't thinking about aircraft that late at night, but no cop was going to catch up to us from behind, and I could have seen them coming from a far ways off if they did...

So I ran over 100 miles in 50 minutes, hardly being able to keep up to her...
That was a fun night.

Quick Reply: pulled over