Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pulled over

ever been pulled over by a cop for good behavior? i was coming from school last night and apparently pulled out in front of a cop. He followed me from the east side of Houston to my house (about 20 minutes) and as i turned off the highway, he switched his lights on. im dumbfounded. i know i was driving the limit the whole way. he comes up to my window and says, "thank you". i say "for what?" "i was following you since you left the school and i noticed you stayed under the limit, used your blinkers..."etc. and that he wished more people would drive like i was. this was the wierdest thing that ever happened and i've never heard of this happening. did he have another reason for pulling me over? was it a test?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I imagine he was looking for anything suspicoius once he approched you. When he saw nothing, that 's when he told you thank you. I bet if he smelt beer on you, it would have been a different story.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 AM

He saw your hair and thought you were a cute girl!!!!!

Police officers are not bad guys and ladies. But so many folks look at them like they are the grim reaper.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by new2ctd
thats not me in the avatar
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by derek840378
ever been pulled over by a cop for good behavior? i was coming from school last night and apparently pulled out in front of a cop. He followed me from the east side of Houston to my house (about 20 minutes) and as i turned off the highway, he switched his lights on. im dumbfounded. i know i was driving the limit the whole way. he comes up to my window and says, "thank you". i say "for what?" "i was following you since you left the school and i noticed you stayed under the limit, used your blinkers..."etc. and that he wished more people would drive like i was. this was the wierdest thing that ever happened and i've never heard of this happening. did he have another reason for pulling me over? was it a test?
It wasn't too long ago that I heard several departments in Texas were doing just that, except I think they were also handing out some sort of reward for your good driving (don't remember what the reward does). The theory behind it had something to do with the departments wanting to reward good behavior sometimes instead of always punishing the bad.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 AM

Police officers are not bad guys and ladies. But so many folks look at them like they are the grim reaper.
The problem is not that they are bad people it is that so many are HYPOCRITS! I would love nothing more than to be able to sit outside of some of the local watering holes 'round here and hand out citations to each off duty cop that got into their rig well over the legal limit. I know they are just doing thier job but whats the rule? Something to the effect of being on duty 24hrs a day and at least around here there are several that do set very good expamples. Heck we can't even get our Sherrif's dept to institute random drug testing.

I have been pulled over for being to cautious. Stop for a yellow light, use your signal to soon etc... it makes the pOpO suspicious.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hoss
It wasn't too long ago that I heard several departments in Texas were doing just that, except I think they were also handing out some sort of reward for your good driving (don't remember what the reward does). The theory behind it had something to do with the departments wanting to reward good behavior sometimes instead of always punishing the bad.
They were doing the same thing around here a while back.
I also don't remember what the reward was.

phox
Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Thats odd, I've been pulled over in my old Hemi for being suspeced to be someone else, once hey saw I wasn't him, they just told me to have a good night...but...The question should be.... "Has Anybody Ever Been Pulled Over For Speeding...In A Tractor?"...lol...Ask JKM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM

I was pulled over the other day and I had tree branches (I had been pruning) in the back of my truck. The officer asked me how I was doing and what the branches were about. I told him I was pruning and storing the branches in the back of my truck until I could go to my In-laws to drop them off. He laughed told me to have a good day and took off. The only thing I figure is that they were looking for a guy who was driving a white truck and they were checking to see if I was him? Who knows...put the fear of God in me though! I hate that experience...flashing lights...the time when you are trying to figure out what happened...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
JKM

I hear it can be done They also pull you over for running stop signs in tractors, as well as doing 96 in a 60 zone in your truck ( i got a written warning for that one, even told him it was my fault, did not see the sign , but i was new to the area)
Old 09-27-2006, 02:32 PM

thats not me in the avatar

Well Derek we know that's not you in the avatar, its a joke man.

Originally Posted by CSAGrey1
The problem is not that they are bad people it is that so many are HYPOCRITS! I would love nothing more than to be able to sit outside of some of the local watering holes 'round here and hand out citations to each off duty cop that got into their rig well over the legal limit. I know they are just doing thier job but whats the rule? Something to the effect of being on duty 24hrs a day and at least around here there are several that do set very good expamples. Heck we can't even get our Sherrif's dept to institute random drug testing.

I have been pulled over for being to cautious. Stop for a yellow light, use your signal to soon etc... it makes the pOpO suspicious.
There are hypocrits in all walks of life. There are bad folks and bad decisions in many job types. We must hold all of our leaders to a higher level of accountability and responsibility. But those people come from our people. So we get good and bad specimens.
I was a street cop and I believe that the folks that will do the right thing far outnumber the knuckleheads. Ok sometimes.

But we can't stereoptype all bikers as criminals nor can we say this about all cops. I've lost a number of friends on the job and they weren't trolling watering holes.
AND, yes I have driven a specific guy home on many occasions. He's a Chief of Police now and sober for 10 years too.
So there are a couple points here, if we have friends a McDonalds you can get free big mac's. And some LE can get 'get a ride home cards'
It's the perks of life unfortunately. Until many other things change this will not.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My personal opinion is that a lot of people have a false sense of entitlement, and when that comes into question by anyone then automatically, those people get defensive. If you don't break the law, you don't have to worry about cops. If you do, then take some responsibility for your actions and understand that you're no better than anyone else. If you get caught, you're going to get in trouble. If you want to play, then you're going to have to pay.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:06 PM

Jack you're right.
I was on the job for many many years and there were those that thought they were holy. They were king kong when they had that badge and pistol on.
I am in no way discounting that there are bad cops out there.

But perceived entitlement comes in many other jobs too. WorldComm, Enron and so on.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JKM
I hear it can be done They also pull you over for running stop signs in tractors, as well as doing 96 in a 60 zone in your truck ( i got a written warning for that one, even told him it was my fault, did not see the sign , but i was new to the area)
For those of us in the lower 48, we have to convert that to MPH to realize that you were doing 60MPH in a 38MPH zone. Still a pretty good difference but not like doing nearly 100MPH.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
If you don't break the law, you don't have to worry about cops.
I'm trying to think how to phrase this.......There are bad people in every industry and job description. However, bad cops have an effect entirely out of proportion to the worthlessness of the waste of skin with the badge. A little time living in my hometown would break you of your opinion, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: pulled over