Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pulled International 4900 out by the roots!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled International 4900 out by the roots!

Yep. Today I pullled a loaded int. 4900 dump truck out of the hole he dug in the sand. Jerked him right out by the roots, by God. Course, dodgasaurus was partially on the pavement, but still. Wish I'd had my camera, that was a proud moment. Had a couple onlookers, had to sling a little sand and spool up rather bravely, you know. You know that feeling that comes over you when you hear someone ask "Anyone got a chain or a strap?"...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
awesome
Old 04-12-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timberman
Yep. Today I pullled a loaded int. 4900 dump truck out of the hole he dug in the sand. Jerked him right out by the roots, by God. Course, dodgasaurus was partially on the pavement, but still. Wish I'd had my camera, that was a proud moment. Had a couple onlookers, had to sling a little sand and spool up rather bravely, you know. You know that feeling that comes over you when you hear someone ask "Anyone got a chain or a strap?"...

been there done that..

Glad to see you had fun doing it as well..

Rick
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 PM

Pulled a guy out at a Loves not too long ago. Standard class 8 with a 53' trailer. He pulled through some dirt to avoid a light and got into power. Good thing I had the 97 with the mudders. The old BFG A/T would have just spun. The 97 made us $40 that way that weekend. Also pulled a half ton Chevy out of river rock (turned we could have pushed easy enough). Both Gentlemen where nice enough to give me a 20.

NO I did not ask. I do it for free because I'll need it someday. But I won't usually turn down a gift (but do if I feell lead too).

Randy
Old 04-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Yeah, the other day I was at a local airport eating breakfast and a 747 had to come in for an emergency landing. Unfortunately the runway wasn't nearly long enough and the airplane was full of fuel and luggage, so by the time it coasted to a stop over the soft and moist ground that darn thing was buried about 20 feet deep in the soil!

Well, no problem at all for The Incubator. My buddy Bigfoot was there and he said that he had some good 5-inch ******-strap in his truck, so I was like, "oh yeah, that's more than sufficient" and he was like "rarghirar?", not believeing what I was about to do. But I was like, "dude, stop being a yeti" and he was like "rargh rargh" and went and got the straps and tied them around the tail of the airplane.

Of course, by this time a crowd was forming and everybody was staring at me in disbelief as I readied The Incubator to pull out the jet. I had the ******-strap hooked up onto my bumper when an old, fat stranger came up to me and said, "Wow baby, that looks like an awesome truck and all, but do you think you can really do what you're really gonna do?". Or rather, the stranger said something like that, I wasn't really paying attention because at the same time Bigfoot was behind me and whispering in my ears; "hard arg yafh har?". I couldn't believe it, but Bigfoot was right: Elvis Presley was there and he just said that The Incubator was awesome!

So, after having the King of Rock and Roll just tell me that the The Incubator was the coolest truck he'd even seen, I knew that I couldn't fail in my mission. By this time, however, the passengers were being unloaded from the plane and, I couldn't believe it; it was filled with every contestant from this years' Miss America contest and Chuck Norris! Of course, they were all afraid of the plane accident and Chuck Norris, and were looking to swoon to a nearby epitome of masculinity, and since I was the only thing near, well, suffice it to say that the audience swelled by the most beautiful 400 women in America, and they were all digging me and The Incubator.

So, now I was ready to pull out the 747, but I was getting kind of nervous with 400 Miss America contestants, Elvis Presley and Chuck Norris watching. Not to mention that Bigfoot was still doubting that I could do it. (Bigfoot drives a Duramax... ) So I really didn't want to screw up and make a fool of myself, and looking back on my intense education about the metallurgical aspects of the aluminum used to build the 747, I realized that if I were to be going too fast when the ******-strap got taut I might break off the tail and, well, look stupid.

So, realizing that I couldn't use the ****** strap to help my endeavours, and that 400 hotties were relying on me alone to dig out there wardrobes (for some reason they were all wearing bikinis when they came out of the airplane), I looked at The Incubator and said to her, "well girl, you didn't let me down when I had to save the USS Enterprise from that whirlpool, and you didn't let me down when I had to anchor down Hillary Clinton as she was blowing away in a hurricane, so I'll bet you won't let me down now." With that I cranked the key, and The Incubator roared to life on the first crank.

So, since I couldn't get up to any speed without breaking off the tail, I just had to pull the line taut and then put the pedal down and let The Incubator do her buisness.

Well, I'll be darned! Those planes aren't so heavy! I mean, you should have seen the look on Bigfoot's face when I pulled that plane out of that muck and taxied it down the street to Ontario International for them. B'ah, to think I was nervous. I never even got my turbo all the way spooled!

Well, that was a good day. Elvis was so proud of me he decided to throw an improptu concert with the remaining members of Led Zeppelin, and Chuck Norris took Bonzo's place on the drums! (I didn't know he could play like that!) And, of course, the 400 Miss America contestants got to jammin' out to "Trampled Underfoot", and I spent an evening jammin' with them and Bigfoot in the pit left by the 747 when I dragged her out.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. But boy, these trucks are good!

CUMMINS FOREVER!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM

LOL - I'll have a little of whatever you had to come up with that story....
Old 04-13-2006, 03:25 PM

Begle1 you been smokin that southern cal wacky tobacky again? Man I told you to lay off that stuff it will rot your brain,
Old 04-13-2006, 03:25 PM

begle- got any pics?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:03 PM

They must have been dodging a medium size animal. I've heard heard that excuse for something similar to begles story. Only 80K# plane and three feet of mud.

Randy
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM

Sweet Begle.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:19 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Begle.... what can I say... good story...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:51 AM

Two guys I work with were goin' down the road & they came upon a Freightliner minus the trailer off in the ditch. Said he wasn't to the axles but all 10 tires were in a good 10-12". It was very wet;had been raining quit a bit.
The hero was a new 4x4 3500 Cummins dooley. I asked did the truck help?
They said yeah, but still... ..... Said big truck put it
in reverse while Ram was behind him pulling in reverse , also. Said Ram had three on aspalt & one in ditch when they started. I asked was there any jerking or contorting. They said NO, JUST STEADY, EASY PULLING. SAID IT LOOKED LIKE NO STRAIN FOR THE CUMMINS AT ALL............. Said lots of guys shaking thier head saying the usual 4 letter
exclaimations....
Old 04-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Chapter President

Why The H*ll Would You Anchor Hillary Clinton Down When She Was Blowing Away In A Hurricane?!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rauschbo
Why The H*ll Would You Anchor Hillary Clinton Down When She Was Blowing Away In A Hurricane?!?!?!?!?!
She was holding my meatball sandwich at the time.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Yeah, the other day I was at a local airport eating breakfast and a 747 had to come in for an emergency landing. Unfortunately the runway wasn't nearly long enough and the airplane was full of fuel and luggage, so by the time it coasted to a stop over the soft and moist ground that darn thing was buried about 20 feet deep in the soil!

Well, no problem at all for The Incubator. My buddy Bigfoot was there and he said that he had some good 5-inch ******-strap in his truck, so I was like, "oh yeah, that's more than sufficient" and he was like "rarghirar?", not believeing what I was about to do. But I was like, "dude, stop being a yeti" and he was like "rargh rargh" and went and got the straps and tied them around the tail of the airplane.

Of course, by this time a crowd was forming and everybody was staring at me in disbelief as I readied The Incubator to pull out the jet. I had the ******-strap hooked up onto my bumper when an old, fat stranger came up to me and said, "Wow baby, that looks like an awesome truck and all, but do you think you can really do what you're really gonna do?". Or rather, the stranger said something like that, I wasn't really paying attention because at the same time Bigfoot was behind me and whispering in my ears; "hard arg yafh har?". I couldn't believe it, but Bigfoot was right: Elvis Presley was there and he just said that The Incubator was awesome!

So, after having the King of Rock and Roll just tell me that the The Incubator was the coolest truck he'd even seen, I knew that I couldn't fail in my mission. By this time, however, the passengers were being unloaded from the plane and, I couldn't believe it; it was filled with every contestant from this years' Miss America contest and Chuck Norris! Of course, they were all afraid of the plane accident and Chuck Norris, and were looking to swoon to a nearby epitome of masculinity, and since I was the only thing near, well, suffice it to say that the audience swelled by the most beautiful 400 women in America, and they were all digging me and The Incubator.

So, now I was ready to pull out the 747, but I was getting kind of nervous with 400 Miss America contestants, Elvis Presley and Chuck Norris watching. Not to mention that Bigfoot was still doubting that I could do it. (Bigfoot drives a Duramax... ) So I really didn't want to screw up and make a fool of myself, and looking back on my intense education about the metallurgical aspects of the aluminum used to build the 747, I realized that if I were to be going too fast when the ******-strap got taut I might break off the tail and, well, look stupid.

So, realizing that I couldn't use the ****** strap to help my endeavours, and that 400 hotties were relying on me alone to dig out there wardrobes (for some reason they were all wearing bikinis when they came out of the airplane), I looked at The Incubator and said to her, "well girl, you didn't let me down when I had to save the USS Enterprise from that whirlpool, and you didn't let me down when I had to anchor down Hillary Clinton as she was blowing away in a hurricane, so I'll bet you won't let me down now." With that I cranked the key, and The Incubator roared to life on the first crank.

So, since I couldn't get up to any speed without breaking off the tail, I just had to pull the line taut and then put the pedal down and let The Incubator do her buisness.

Well, I'll be darned! Those planes aren't so heavy! I mean, you should have seen the look on Bigfoot's face when I pulled that plane out of that muck and taxied it down the street to Ontario International for them. B'ah, to think I was nervous. I never even got my turbo all the way spooled!

Well, that was a good day. Elvis was so proud of me he decided to throw an improptu concert with the remaining members of Led Zeppelin, and Chuck Norris took Bonzo's place on the drums! (I didn't know he could play like that!) And, of course, the 400 Miss America contestants got to jammin' out to "Trampled Underfoot", and I spent an evening jammin' with them and Bigfoot in the pit left by the 747 when I dragged her out.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. But boy, these trucks are good!

CUMMINS FOREVER!

Hmmm

with an imagination like this.. i still have yet to figure out why you cannot get a date... Im kiddin, good story tho...

Rick

Quick Reply: Pulled International 4900 out by the roots!