Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pretty Sure I Got Screwed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pretty Sure I Got Screwed!!!!!

I opted to purchase my adjustable track bar and longer control arms through Top Gun Customz. I spoke with them on Thursday, Nov. 2 to confirm what I was wanting. Order was placed the next day online. Move on to the following Monday and both Top Gun and UPS have sent me e-mails. Top Gun says that my order # 12345 (just an example here) has shipped. I'm thinking, great, I can install parts this week. UPS e-mail says Top Gun has requested we issue a tracking number for the order....it will then be processed when it arrives.

Now.....as of Tuesday of this week the TGC website is down. Their phone system picks up and a voice says....."sorry but we're closed." Ummmm.....what did I miss here?? They processed my credit card....they have my money.....neither myself or UPS has ever recieved parts!!!

Started searching last night and apparently there are numerous people in the same boat......some with almost a $4k credit card transaction.....but no parts. How does a person go about trying to get their money back on a deal like this? I sent the BBB an e-mail yesterday regarding the whole situation....waiting to see what they say. This really has me down....that was my hard earned money that I spent with good faith that they would do the right thing......ship me the goods I paid for. I'M PRETTY SURE I GOT SCREWED!!!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TOP GUN CUSTOMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Did they get hit by Sandy? Sorry I have no idea where they are just wondering if there is a legit reason for this
Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 AM

They're in Alcoa, TN....Knoxville area. I just don't see what happened in the 2-3 days since I spoke with them on the phone. Now I read that lots of folks are dealing with the same mess!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Cancel the payment immediately. Keep it canceled until you can confirm real parts are in real boxes on the way to your place. Please keep us posted, and them honest or at least accountable.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call your CC and cancel ASAP. Ask the CS person to watch for fraudulent activity. Review your statement now.

Hold on to any parts your receive. Document everthing. Don't install anything as the parts will not be yours because you cancelled the charge. Then you'll need to get them sent back.

A fair warning. DHs cc was just stolen and used to make a huge purchase. We caught it, received the ordered merchandise and have since had fake RMAs, phone calls and emails of the thieves trying to get their merchandise from us. Fairly elaborate scam.

Scrutinize EVERYTHING!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
You really didn't get screwed yet...

Call the CC company and file a "fraud request". This cancels your current card, and they issue you a new number. Review with them the charges that are not right, and they will issue you a "provisional" credit. This means when they research it and find you never received your merchandise, and wrong charges to your account are indeed wrong, the credits become permanent ......that is, for most credit cards.

Some CC companies charge you the $50 fee for this, as by federal law $50 is the most you can legally be charged. Any good CC company waives this cost.

You did the right thing by using a CC as as long as you file with 30 days, you get your money back .
Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM

Actually it's my debit card.....they can be used as both debit/credit......does that still count seeing how it goes through my bank? Should have mentioned that earlier. I'm going to give it till Tuesday or so and see if anything changes on their end. In the mean time, I will contact my bank and see what I can do.

Keep the help coming folks. If I can get this ironed out I can at least warn others of what to do if this happens to them also.

I kept the e-mail reciepts and notifications from both TGC and UPS showing payment was made and parts were shipped......from TG that it.....UPS still has nothing to scan for the tracking # they created for the packages.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
A decent bank/credit union should help you with this.

Hopefully it wasn't through B of A, they really draw through a straw, if you know what I mean!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM

Thanks for your comments and thoughts on the situation guys/gals. My bank is local so hopefully they can be of some help.

On a slightly brighter note......I just checked the TGC website and it's back up!! Possibly they'll answer the phones when I call them first thing Monday morning. Heck, maybe I'll even get a surprise e-mail from UPS telling me my parts are on their way!! I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM

A quick check of the UPS tracking code and one pkg has been in Nashville since 1 am Saturday. Other pkg has never left TGC....... This is starting to really work my nerves!!! Why would they ship only 1 pkg? If they don't have what they claim they have...at least say that on the website. Tell folks that said products are on backorder and will ship when ready......don't just leave people hangin and wondering. Delivery date of the 1 pkg is supposed to be tomorrow (11/13/12). We'll see how that pans out. Gonna call and see if they answer the darned phone today and try to make some sense of all this. THEY BETTER NOT GIVE MEANY CRAP EITHER......well, if they do, all I can do is accept the one box to be delivered and hope like hades the other one arrives too..

Gonna go settle my nerves for a moment. Will keep you posted on what comes of this.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenson
THEY BETTER NOT GIVE MEANY CRAP EITHER......
I HATE getting meany crap too! I'd much rather get polite crap, makes my day go better.

I have a vendor that will never tell me when something is out of stock or back-ordered. I have to find out when I get a partial shipment. Until THEY get the part that is missing, they keep the package at their facility and it appears as if UPS failed to pick it up. I've addressed this numerous times with them to no avail. I guess it's just the way of doing business these days.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM

It appears that these clowns have the same way of thinking. It does seem that the one package that hasn't shipped would be a part they don't have.......but, supposedly they make all their own parts in house......if that was the case then both boxes should have shipped!!!!

Tried calling them a few mins ago and guess what......darn voice says "sorry but we're closed!!!"..............FOR HOW LONG??????

It does seem that by reading some of their facebook comments that some folks are also recieving partial shipments as well. Absolutely horrible way to run a business. At least let people know what's going on.....we do have that right don't we?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Isn't there a DTR member who lives near them that could / would check it out for you ..... ?

There has to be a local guy there.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Isn't there a DTR member who lives near them that could / would check it out for you ..... ?

There has to be a local guy there.
You go, you're closer than me.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Hopefully all of this is now squared away. Finally got an e-mail reply today. The business changed ownership and the prior owner all but just walked away and left everything up in the air for the new owner to sort out. Reply said they were deeply sorry for the mass confusion and all shipping charges would be refunded.

I can handle that!! I was just glad that they came clean and apologized and are now trying to make it right. Will possibly be a good while before I deal with them again but at least they are trying to do the right thing......in my book, if all of this goes through, that's repectable!!

Just glad that folks are hopefully getting what they paid for!! I have dealt with them previously and was extremely satisfied in customer service and delivery time......hopefully all will be right again.

Thanks for the comments and help folks.

Quick Reply: Pretty Sure I Got Screwed!!!!!