Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This Is A Pretty Sophisticated Scam!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy. Ask for the signed receipt. If it is not your sig you don't pay. The CC companys send you a form to sign. Sign it, send it back and the charges are reversed.
I had an instance where I disputed a charge that actually was mine (my Visa bill is 4 to 5 pages long each month) . I check my statements very carefully but could not remember visiting this paticular store.(nor find the receipt) Visa sent me the receipt with my sig no prob.

Originally Posted by NHDiesel
It might be their money for the moment, but it will be yours when they send you the bill. I have been through the process of fighting fraudulent credit card charges, when i found several charges appear on a credit card I used to have (yes, an actual credit card, not debit) for purchases made in Canada. I called the credit card company, and was promptly told that all charges would be reversed, as soon as I prove I didn't make those charges! O.K., so how do I prove that? I couldn't...and ended up paying a couple hundred bucks worth of charges I didn't make. Then I cut up the card and closed the account...and never used a credit card again.

Jim
Old 11-23-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a similar experience with needing receipts. I found a charge from Canada on my CC bill and knew that I hadn't been there and didn't recall anything that I ordered from there and that name of the vendor was unfamiliar. Called the CC company and asked for the receipt. When it arrived, I figured out that it was for something that I had purchased from a vendor at a car show and they had billed it thru their home office in Canada so it was a valid charge.
Like rammtuff said, your signature is the proof.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately not too many places require signatures any more. In fact, I can't remamber the last time I had to sign my name...I think it might have been when I bought fuel a few weeks ago. Usually its swipe the card and thats it, including the grocery store, and even Burger King drive-up window (when I forgot to bring cash...).

Jim
Old 11-23-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Yep, got one of those calls a couple weeks ago. the call ended when they asked me for my address and I said "You should already have it, you called me".