Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Preparing Pictures for Posting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preparing Pictures for Posting

Here is how I post pics. I aquire my pics by either scanner or camera. I save them to disk, CD, Floppy. Hard Disk.<br><br>Once I have the picture file I open it in a photo editor, mine is Adode Photo Shop Elements. I can then crop out unwanted portions of picture, adjust width and height. Sometimes I brighten or increase contrast. <br><br> When I'm satisfied with the result I save it in *.jpg format for the web. (This is an option in Photo Shop elements which changes it to 72 dpi format for viewing on the screen.) I save it to disk again. It is ready to attach to post or an e-mail. <br><br>If a higher resolution than 72 dpi is used it will be enlarged on the screen of monitors. Maximum width of picture should be about 6 inches.<br>
Old 11-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Preparing Pictures for Posting

Good info. I find that saving them 640x480 is good for most applications. Although in the photos section, if you really want to show details on something, you can post it at 1024x768 and it's automatically resized. Once you click on the picture, then it will show the large version for high-detail viewing. Check out the injectors I posted and you'll see what I mean.