Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Power Braking

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Braking

I just discovered that I can dig a heck of a hole by power braking on our farm lane. Truck will sit still and spin the back tires, sounds really good too. We took turns messing with the trucks this afternoon, my PSD buddy was impressed with the dodge. Shouldn't be too hard on it in dirt, should it? How do you all get your tires to spin on the road, do you need a lot of mods, or build up boost before launching, or what? I can get mine to spin gravel if I have a good hundred yards to get going. Also, is spinning tires hard on an anti spin rear end, as long as both tires can turn?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

with an auto, go out there on the pavement and get a little rougher with it then on the dirt. they should break loose. if they dont, get a smarty and 150 hp injectors. that oughtta do it.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:55 PM

Yep, just powerbreak it real hard and they should break lose, but be careful I have seen many stock trannys lose input shafts while power breaking.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
with an auto, go out there on the pavement and get a little rougher with it then on the dirt. they should break loose. if they dont, get a smarty and 150 hp injectors. that oughtta do it.
Ya a stock 24 valve tends to de-fuel when you try to powerbrake, but it's nothing a smarty won't take care of

Randy
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 PM

Pre 2001 1/2 the rear breaks can be backed off to facilitate this
Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Even my little fronty will light both back tires on pavement.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:00 PM

It should be able to brake loose stock.

I was leaving a Round Table Pizza one night. They had they sprinklers on & the water was pouring on the parking lot. At this time I had a set of 35's on that were pretty bald in the rear. Got my back tires wet and held it for a good 30-40 seconds. I couldn't see the bed of my truck at all, smoke was comming in my windows when I let off it, drug the rear end around a couple times then left the parking lot still smoking um. My buddy behind me in a Avalance couldn't be seen at all. Little did I know I was doing this in front of a parking lot cop. He didn't say anything, later when I got out of my truck the rear panels were caked w/ rubber on both sides.

I think I might try some bleech next time if I can find a set of junk tires.

With my Toyo's on now my truck will not break them loose powerbraking, I can get it to 25lbs of boost and they just grip so **** hard, not even wet. Now if I turn a corner and jump on it the back end will slide pretty good. But god are these tires to expensive to be doing that often.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 PM

another trick is to power brake and if they don't spin, let off the brake for 1/2 a sec. and jump back on them. They'll spin

Michael
Old 04-12-2006, 05:38 PM

Sure is fun in dirt, I spun the heck out of a dirt lane today with my bobcat hooked behind me. Sure sounds mean. I might mess around on pavement a little, but my luck I'd break lots of parts and be up the creek.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

we dont have "dirt". Its either sharp rocks, or pavement. Period! lol so ill take my chances on the pavement.

oh and ive got 4 old tires laying around..... anybody know how to cut the fluid off to rear disk brakes???? cause i want tire smoke and LOTS of it. Preferably mixed with BLACK diesel smoke. and i dont want to smell hot brakes and i dont want to crystalize my new pads.

and i may even tape it for yall
Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 PM

You know, one time I had a piece of crap work truck, a 1990 F150. The thing had like every factory recall there was, and none were corrected. One of its issues was the fuel pumps. It would pump all the fuel out of the back tank into the front tank, then it would overflow all over the road. I'd be spinning and sliding everywhere at stop signs and all. Had to stop every 20 miles and stick a outboard motor fuel line in the tank, pump the primer bulb and siphon it into a 5 gallon can, then pour it back in the back tank. The sender in the front tank didn't work, of course. Daggone ford. But with gas on the tires, she'd spin all day long. Even if you didn't want it to.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
JKM

we dont have "dirt". Its either sharp rocks, or pavement. Period! lol so ill take my chances on the pavement.

oh and ive got 4 old tires laying around..... anybody know how to cut the fluid off to rear disk brakes???? cause i want tire smoke and LOTS of it. Preferably mixed with BLACK diesel smoke. and i dont want to smell hot brakes and i dont want to crystalize my new pads.

Sounds like someone needs a line lock...
Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 PM

what JKM said or put a nail in the steel line to restrict the fluid. We used to do this in our race cars in the entry level classes. works well and is cheap!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

i need one for my '57 for a parking brake. Its got 4 wheel disk brakes.

and i want one for my '02 dodge too. but at $50-$100 apeice i wonder if i could just unhook the brake line at the rear end and cap it some how? ill only be doing this once, im going to demolish a set of tires and get it out of my system
Old 04-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im going to demolish a set of tires and get it out of my system
oh yes...

john Rodriguez said the same thing once upon a time, now he goes thru tires like nobodys business, burnouts and tire demolition are fun, but pricey too....

I wanna see that video man!

Rick

Quick Reply: Power Braking