Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

potato gun recipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gophers?...someone say gophers??
This looks like fun! http://www.rodenator.com/videos.html
With this, you can turn just about anything into a spud gun...

K.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:29 AM

I have seen one of those on display. They look cool, but I think if you really wanted to do that jsut take the torch out there and do it yourself. I have also heard of people dumping gas down the holes and waiting for the flaming bugger to come out so they can shoot it. It is all fun though.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:54 AM

lol @ the rodenator ...... hmmmm...... they should use something like that to find bin laden ..... oops did i say that out loud
Old 01-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by krock
lol @ the rodenator ...... hmmmm...... they should use something like that to find bin laden ..... oops did i say that out loud

We already have one ready to go.
Just need someone with the intestinal fortitude to give the "GO" command to employ it.

BinLadeninator
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by farmer dave
I have seen one of those on display. They look cool, but I think if you really wanted to do that jsut take the torch out there and do it yourself. I have also heard of people dumping gas down the holes and waiting for the flaming bugger to come out so they can shoot it. It is all fun though.
I dunno about using oxy/acetylene.. WAY WAY to dangerous.. Rodenator uses oxy/propane... From the video's, looks strong enough!
A (now retired) fellow plant employee used to play around with oxy/acet gas when he was part-timing as an HVAC tech doing new A/C installs. He would light-off ziploc sandwich bags of oxy/acet gas with twisted newspaper fuses etc. He set off a sandwich bag of oxy/acet gas during lunchtime at one house under construction.. The house was just dried-in with tarred wallboard on the outside of the studs. The force of the blast blew one corner's worth of the wallboard off the studs and causing the neighbors to call the cops to report a massive explosion..
He also tried using oxy/acetylene in a home-grown "rodenator" approach at his own house to get rid of some gophers. When he set it off, it blew grass and sand everywhere, deafening him, giving his wife and neighbors near-cardiac arrest... Afterwards there were little trenches running thru his yard and over into the neighbors yard too...
A little acetylene goes a LONG LONG way...
K.